What did you bake today ? OK if not from scratch

I baked a lot this week....tonight I made homemade apple turnovers and they came out really good!! First time ever trying those.

Also made rice krispie treats, raspberry bars, an apple cake, pecan pie, a quiche and I made and baked a pie crust. Now, you may not think that is an accomplishment but to me it was everything. I am a pretty good baker but I have yet to perfect a homemade pie crust. It is my mission to get it right. I tried a few different recipes and my moms tried and true is a keeper (made with oil) but I also liked the ATK butter crust recipe.

View attachment 538440

View attachment 538435View attachment 538436View attachment 538437View attachment 538438View attachment 538439
Beautiful baking!
Would you be willing to share your mom's pie crust recipe? Always looking for new recipes that are tried and true. 😊

:sad2: Yep - called it. I just threw half the apple cake away. DH had one piece to humor me and I had a piece a day since I made it but I've had enough.

Tonight I made a killer turkey meatloaf for supper. I had ground turkey that I intended to use for meatballs but I loath rolling meatballs. The turkey needed to be cooked today so I mixed in all the usual ingredients and baked it as a loaf, glazed with the chili sauce/grape jelly I'd usually simmer the balls in. FABULOUS and so, so much easier! :teeth:

:sad2: Yep - called it. I just threw half the apple cake away. DH had one piece to humor me and I had a piece a day since I made it but I've had enough.

Tonight I made a killer turkey meatloaf for supper. I had ground turkey that I intended to use for meatballs but I loath rolling meatballs. The turkey needed to be cooked today so I mixed in all the usual ingredients and baked it as a loaf, glazed with the chili sauce/grape jelly I'd usually simmer the balls in. FABULOUS and so, so much easier! :teeth:
Can you freeze your cakes? I often cut a cake/quick bread in half to freeze half to save for later. That way we don't over do it on the sweets. Just label the baked good so you remember what it is and when you made it. This also helps when people visit and I haven't had time to bake something ahead -- just defrost one or two half cakes, warm them in the oven, brew coffee/make tea -- ta da!

I woke up in a baking mood this morning. I made a keto chocolate cake with chocolate icing. Next up is keto pumpkin bread with cream cheese icing. :)
Where do you get your keto recipes? I would love to find a good keto chocolate cake recipe!

Gonna make 2 dairy free nut free apple cranberry pies for my church's "pie for homebound parishioners" Thanksgiving project...

Ooooh, that sounds good! I have a couple different turkey meatloaf "recipes" I bounce between, but I've never tried the grape jelly & chili sauce. And I was going to make meatloaf tonight. I think I'll try it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter