Welcome Home, You've Arrived!!!!! A June 2014 Trip Report and Video

The sky's were once again looking dark and we feared we would be faced with rain again. With our next 3 Fastpass+ reservations being made for outdoor attractions we really hoped we wouldn't see rain. But we were again out of luck. Soon the sound to the Castle show's shut off and all the characters immediatly started to run back to the castle. The annoucement was made that due to Lightning in the Area the remainder of the show was cancelled. It made us very happy we did Barnstormer when we did. The annoucement barely finished when it was like a facet was turned on and the rain started to down poar horribly on us as we all struggled so quickly slip our Rain ponchos on to stay dry from the rain.

We ducked in to Liberty Square which was the direction we were heading since Splash Mountain was our 1st FastPass of the day which time to use had convinently started about 15 minutes earlier. Knowing the rain shut the attraction down though and that our Fastpass should now be good all day we ducked in to the awning of the Lilly Belle Riverboat waiting area. It was boring and pretty packed. But at least we were out of the rain.

We patiently tried to wait out the storm that ended up going on for over 2 hours. We decided to eat our packed lunch while we watched our Fastpass time for Splash Mountain slip away. We then also saw our Fastpass+ for Thunder Mountain come and go as the attraction was shut down for our entire Fastpass Window. Our final Fastpass was for the Mine Train and it wasn't looking good that we would make that one ether. Finally though the rain started to let up and it looked like the Outdoor attractions would likely reopen very soon. And so we started to make our way to Fantasyland and the Mine Train with only about 30 minutes left in our Fastpass Window.

Fantasyland was a very packed place since many people took refuge from the 2 hour storm by doing all the inside rides which of course ment that all the indoor attractions wait times were also now rediculously high. Although the My Disney Experiance had now confirmed that the Outdoor attractions had reopened we found the Mine Train to be broken down again. I guess the rain messed up some sensors or something so there was no ETA of when that ride would be back open ether. So we now went 0 for 3 on our Fastpass+ rides thanks to this long Storm. Unfortunatly the Storm also cancelled the only showing of the Festival of Fantasy Parade this day too so we didn't get to see that ether.

Since it had been nearly 3 hours since we had done any sort of ride or attraction we decided to do the Little Mermaid ride since it seemed to have the shortest wait of any of the Fantasyland rides. Plus its one Daniel really enjoys so why not. The line moved quicker then we thought it would. I even saw the 20k Leagues Under the Sea reference while in the Outdoor portion of the Que. This was again another ride where near the end once the Cast Members saw we had a wheel chair we got to skip some of the que and board near the exit of the ride. It was another fun ride under the sea. Again I don't understand the hate this ride gets. Yeah its not a E Ticket but Its a solid addition to Fantasyland.

We stopped at the small Village area outside of Gaston's Tavern for a restroom break so I decided to duck in and check out the small Tavern. I also figured while we were here that I would give the Le Fou's Brew a try which is widely considered to be Disney's Butterbeer knockoff. Disney's being a frozen Apple Slush with a Mango Marshmellow type foam topping. I was hesitant to try this again. For those that don't know this drink also came to the Carsland expansion in Disney California Adventure and is called Red's Apple Freeze. When we last went to Disneyland I tried the drink and we were both extremely dissapointed in it. It wasn't good at all. I'm glad I gave the drink a second chance though because it was very good as Le Fou's Brew. I don't know why it taisted so bad in California but this taisted like a completly different drink. Maybe it was more refreshing because it was hot and humid out? I don't know but I will give it a 3rd shot when we return in December.

As we all finished our drinks we noticed that the Mine Train had finally reopened so we quickly went to ride and make use of our expired Fastpasses that would now be valid at any time of the day. Kiera and I even got to ride on the front row which made for some good video footage with the GoPro. We also tried to intentionally rock our mine cart since you can't even feel the movement from the ride itself. We got it swinging pretty good at one point when the guests behind us also joined in on the rocking.

While the rest of the family took there turn on the Mine Train we took Daniel to the Fantasyland Carousel since it was practically a walk on. Once again he was very excited to ride until it actually started to move. I don't know if it was the spinning or the up and down movement but he wasn't happy and I eventually had to stand next to him and hold him so that he wouldn't get off the horse until the ride was over.

When we meet back up with the rest of the family we made our way to the back of Frontierland to continue the use of the Fastpasses we couldn't use during the storm. So next up we went back to Big Thunder Mountain to use the Fastpass first. I love this ride so much and wish we would have had time to do it again. While doing the Rider Swap for the next to rides Daniel just enjoyed playing on the playground again under the Railroad tracks.

After Thunder Mountain we finally used our last expired Fastpass+ for Splash Mountain which of course is my favorite Disney ride. I decided to not be selfish though and let Kiera's siblings use the Rider Swap card to go on the ride twice since they didn't know when they would ever return. This was one of the funnest rides I have had on this and it started our goofy pictures trend that continued on attractions for the rest of trip.

One of the things Kiera's Dad wanted to do was take a ride on the Riverboat. And if we hurried we would be able to make the next sailing. We rushed thru Frontierland and made it just in the neck of time. Going on a Disney Riverboat is something I haven't done since I was a kid. It was very relaxing but kind of boring at the same time. I think I prefer the Disneyland version more as it takes in better sights. But it was a nice attraction to rest our feet for a bit. Daniel thought it was funny that he slid around on the deck.

Since all of our Fastpasses had finally been used I decided to run over to a Kiosk and see what options were avalible for a 4th Fastpass. This Kiosk worked a little better then the others I had tried so far and I was able to snag a Fastpass for the family on the Haunted Mansion in just 5 minutes. We walked over and took our quick tour of the Haunted Mansion which is one of the best rides in the park and shouldn't be missed. Too bad it will be closed for referbishment while we are there in December. After the ride we also stopped by the Columbia Harbour House where we bought dinner for the evening. I got the Shrimp and I think Kiera got a Salad.

With our food in hand we quickly ran out to the Parade Route as the Main Street Electical Parade would soon be starting. At least we hoped it would. Once again dark clouds were moving in and we were hoping that this parade wouldn't be cancelled due to bad weather as well. We were able to get a spot right against the rope and had a great view of the parade route. Thankfully we lucked out and soon that familiar tune of this classic parade was blasting over the speakers in the area we were sitting. Then the parade was in view.

I know this parade is very old but I still love it. It brings back so many memories of my childhood seeing it every summer when we would go to Disneyland. The music, the floats, the lights. It is all so much fun. Daniel was even dancing along to the music and waving to the characters. Although I love seeing this parade in the Magic Kingdom I would personally love to see it run at least one more time down Main Street at Disneyland. I also didn't think the parade had changed much since its inseption. However upon watching an old Home Video from 1987 that included footage of this Parade I was really surprised at how much it has changed with many floats not being present anymore that were in 87.

Once the parade finished we along with the rest of the park attempted to make it to Main Street before Celebrate the Magic and the Wishes Fireworks show started. For those that may not no the Magic Kingdoms Hub is currently under construction as they are widening and adding more walkways to help handle the crowds. But until that is finished the construction make getting thru the hub rediculous. Even worse then it was before. It took us over 30 minutes to get from Liberty Square to Main Street. And people are so rude and inconsiderate. They don't care that you have a toddler in a stroller or an elderly person in a wheel chair. We actually got seperated from the rest of the family at one point. With so many people and the construction it was just rediculous to get anywhere.

When we finally made it to Main Street we had missed the Celebrate the Magic Show and Wishes had already started. Although we had a pretty good view from them just outside Casey's Corner. You can't end a day (or trip) at Disney without seeing the fireworks at least once. And Wishes is awesome and very well done. Although as with most things I still think the Fireworks at Disneyland are better. Although we missed the start of the show I was glad that we got to see the majority of it.

We soon found the rest of the family and people watched while deciding what to do next. Daniel had fallen asleep and the older adults were all exhausted. We were soon taken by surprised too when another showing of Celebrate the Magic started to play. I was glad we got to see this as well. The show is short and a use's projection mapping to completly change the look of the castle during the show. Its very impressive how its done and the show shouldn't be missed. Although I think I like the old Magic, Memories, and You show better.

There wasn't much time left now until the park would close. But we still had some Rider Swap cards to use from when we visited the Magic Kingdom earlier in the trip. The older adults decided to stay back with the sleeping Daniel to relax and people watch on Main Street so the rest of the kids ran to Tomorrowland to first use our extra Rider Swap cards on Space Mountain. We walked right on and Kiera and and I even got to ride the other track this time.

Next we had Rider Swap Cards for the Mine Train so we headed towards Fantasyland. We stopped momentarily though when we saw that the Tea Cups had no wait. Since we hadn't gone on this during the trip we figured we would take a spin on it now. Plus its one of those rides that really needs to be done when on a Disney Vacation.

Finally we arrived at the Mine Train and again we pretty much walked right on with the Rider Swap cards. Again Kiera and I got the very front row which was fun again although I really wanted to try the rear row as well since I hear that gives the more thrilling ride. This was the only time we rode after dark as well and I think I enjoyed the ride more at night then during the day. Especially the Mine scene since your eyes are already adjusted to the dark.

After the Mine Train we were within 5 minutes of the official park closing time so we made our way back thru the Castle and to Main Street to meet up with the rest of the family. We took our time as we made our way down main street and looking around the Emporiam since this would be our last time in this park on this trip.

I really love seeing Main Street at night. It is so magical and so photographic. I could seriously spend hours here just taking pictures.

Eventually though we finally exited the park and made our way back to our parked cars. We were able to hop on the Ferry right before it was to set sail back to the Transportation Center and we bid farewell to the Magic Kingdom. Soon we were back at the Townhouse and retireing for bed. After 4 park days in a row we finally had another Down Day tomorrow where we could do whatever we wanted. One thing was for sure. It would be nice to sleep in again.

Day 12: Down Day

Our 12th day on vacation was intended to be another easy day after the long stretch of early mornings and days we did at the Disney parks. Today Kiera’s family had planned on going out to Cape Canaveral to go tour the Kennedy Space Center but we really didn’t care to go out there. Apparently neither did one of Kiera’s brothers, Sister, and Grandma. So it was just Kieras other brother, as well as her Mom and Dad who went out to the Space Center this day. Everyone else enjoyed the easy day just spending the day at the Townhouse and swimming in our private pool. Well that was until the rain started again.

After getting ready for the day we drove down the street to a Flea Market to see what they had. This large building had hundreds of small booths and vendors selling your typical tourist type junk. Lots of Disney shirts and plushes and other odds and ends. They did have a good selection though of Disney Parks Pins if your in to Pin collecting for very cheap compared to the pricey ones in the park. In the end all we ended up buying were some bed sheets though.

The day before I caught word that the walls had come down around the London Waterfront and the Dragon was finished being installed at the new Harry Potter section in Universal Studios. So Kiera and I decided to drive over and see the area without walls and take part in Potterwatch in hopes of a soft opening. First though we decided to go by the other Orlando Premium Outlets that are located across the freeway from Universal on International Drive. Honestly we prefer these outlets compared to the ones out by Disney. There are better stores and I also think the prices are better. These outlets also have a Disney Character Warehouse and it seems bigger with a better selection as well. I found a few more things I liked here but we decided to wait and look at World of Disney first before buying to see if there was anything else there that I would rather have.

Once we were done at the outlets we headed over to Universal Orlando. It was after 4pm so traffic in the area wasn’t bad at all. We were able to get right in to the Parking garage and parked pretty quickly. Kiera stopped to use the restroom while Daniel and I took a look at the small shop in the Rotanda. They had a remote control minion that Daniel was just cracking up about.

Since Potterwatch was our main priority today we headed to Universal Studios first. We did stop by the Despicable Me attraction again to see if any Minions were out for Daniel to see and we had just missed them as they were going away. Finally frustrated (the minions were out non-stop last year) I asked a TM when they would be coming out again. He informed me that the Minions were now done for the Day but Gru would be coming out in about an hour. So there you have it. The Minions have no set schedule. You have to catch them now by chance.

We continued on thru the park and past Transformers until we could finally see London in the distance. It was an incredible site to see those building in full view and not popping up behind a wall.

Although the walls were down in London they had some fences set up and were still directing people across the waterfront. So you couldn’t actually get up close to the London buildings. There was a decent group of people hanging out doing PotterWatch in hope that perhaps there would be a soft opening tonight. It didn’t seem likely though especially because there was some sort of event taking place in Kings Cross with tables and food being served. We think it may have been a construction workers preview or something. It was very hard seeing people inside Kings Cross and the London area and not being able to see it ourselves.

After waiting for a bit and figuring there wouldn’t be a soft opening today we continued around the waterfront to see the rest of the London Waterfront. The themeing is incredible. You also got a perfect view of Kretcher looking out the window. It was all so amazing we could only imagine how much better it must be inside Diagon Ally. We only had 3 more days of vacation left with one day still planned for Universal. Our fingers were crossed that we would see a Soft Opening then. I mean the big Media preview was just a few days away as well.

We crossed the bridge over to Springfield but at this point we were done with the Studios. So we passed right thru Springfield and on towards Kidzone. We asked Daniel if he would want to ride E.T. again but he wasn’t having any of that. He was not a fan. Upon getting to Hollywood we started to fill rain drops again so we quickly thru on our Ponchos and got Daniels stroller cover set up. It was the major downpoar we had seen all week long but it would have been enough to get us fairly wet so we were glad we had the Ponchos today.

The Music Plaza was closed off today as it looked like they were preparing the stage for something. Turns out that something would be for the Tonight Show that would be coming to the resort in a couple days. After quickly crossing thru Citywalk we were inside Islands of Adventure. I mean we couldn’t come to Universal and not at least get a Butterbeer. We stopped by the Island Traders shop first though to see if there was any merchandise in there that we liked and hadn’t seen anywhere else in the resort (look at all the shops cause that does happen).

As we walked thru the Port of Entry the rain started to pick up harder and become that downpoar we had become so use to over the last few days. So we took cover near Cinnabon to wait out the storm. We figured while we were there we might as well get a Cinnamon roll as well.

Soon enough the rain let up and we made our way back to Hogsmead. Upon arriving we found that the walls had come down around the Hogsmead station as well. Even though I peaked over the wall a few days earlier it was so cool to see it all open. Oh we wished we would be able to see the new attractions on this trip.

Hogsmead was the most crowded area of the park but it wasn’t too bad overall. We got our Butterbeers and then looked around in Hogsmead. Over the last few days the Interactive Wand elements had been added to Hogsmead. In the ground in front of the store windows were midallions that showed you the wand movements and words to say to cast a spell at that window. We were excited to see the interactive wand experience but it was kind of disappointing to see how obviously placed many of the camera sensors were for the technology. Some of them even had lights on around them that really took away from the magic. We really hoped that this was just because it was being set up still.

You wouldn’t think we’d come all the way to Universal today and not ride a ride though now would you lol. We made our way to the Forbidden Journey where we took a quick spin on the ride. Using Single Riders with Child Swap again yielded us practically no wait at all for the ride.

It looked like PotterWatch was a bust so after our ride on the Forbidden Journey we decided to leave the park.

We decided to next head back to Downtown Disney. For one we wanted to look around the shops some more since we really didn’t earlier in the trip and we also planned to get dinner. Traffic and parking was just as ridiculous today as it was earlier in the week and without the handicap card for Kiera’s Grandma we ended up just parking over at Casting and walking to the Marketplace.

For Dinner tonight we would be eating at Earl of Sandwich which as has become a must do on any of our trips to Orlando. The Sandwiches are very good and are actually reasonably priced. Which is hard to find on Disney Property. I cannot recommend this place enough and just writing about it makes me want it at this moment.

After dinner we walked over to Once upon a Toy again and looked around the large Toy Store. This is also the only place outside Hollywood Studios where you can build a Lightsaber. We then looked around the Christmas Store again as well as the Pin shop before continuing on.

We passed Ghirardeli and World of Disney and went next to the Lego store. I love looking around here as I loved Legos as a child and they had some cool sets here including the Back to the Future and Ghostbusters sets. I also love seeing the large displays they have built completely out of Lego blocks. Its pretty incredible.

With all the construction taking place past the Lego store thru the former Pleasure Island we decided to just stay in the Marketplace area. We we walked back over to World of Disney where we looked around and decided what to buy. I found some shirts I liked but they were too pricey. I figured I’d just go back to Character Warehouse and get the ones there for half the cost. Kiera did buy some more jewelry here though as well as our Christmas Ornament and our Postcards.

We finished at World of Disney just in time to see the Volcano erupt over at the Rain Forest Café. It was a great ending to a fun and easy layed back day.

We returned back to the Townhouse where the rest of the Family had been all day and quickly retired to bed. Our final day at Disney would be tomorrow and it would be another early morning. We would be going back to Hollywood Studios and I would finally get to experience Star Wars Weekends.

Day 13: Star Wars Weekends

Our final day at Disney was upon us. And I couldn't be more excited as we would be returning to Disney's Hollywood Studios today to experiance Star Wars Weekends. This is something I've wanted to do for quite some time now and I couldn't be more excited when it was announced that the event was extended an extra weekend and I would have a shot to experiance it. In fact we added a 6th day to our park tickets specifically for Star Wars Weekends. It was a very early morning But a few of us were out the door early and in the park shortly after opening to make the most of the day. The rest of the family followed a bit later.

After taking some photos on Hollywood Blvd we made our way towards the back of the park. Character Meet and Greets are a big part of Star Wars Weekends and they can draw pretty long lines. But there was one in particular that I wanted to meet and that was the reason for the early start. So we could meet him with a short wait.

The character I wanted to meet was Darth Vader and I hoped Daniel would enjoy meeting him too. The wait didn't look too bad but we ended up waiting about 25 minutes until it was our turn. Finally though once it was it was great. Daniel was scared of him and it was funny how he interacted and acted like a major jurk when asked to sign the autograph book and just like we were waisting his time in general. Perfect for the character. I'm glad I finally got to meet him.

As we were heading back towards Sunset Blvd we decided to stop in at Darth's Mall since the rest of the family still hadn't arrived at the park. This was the main shop for Star Wars Weekend with a huge shop set up in the soundstage next to Toy Story Mania. Every bit of Star Wars merchandise that you could imagine was in here. As well as a snack bar. It was fun to look around and get an idea of anything I wanted to buy. We would be back later in the day to actually purchase those things. We also meet Jedi Mickey and Leia Minnie with a fairly short wait in here. Its also where you would meet Darth Goofy and Storm Trooper Donald but we didn't get a chance to see them.

When we finished at Darth's Mall we got word that the rest of the family had arrived in the park so we made our way to meet them on Sunset Blvd.

The time had come that the first Fastpass+ of the day could be used. I had booked it for the Rockin Roller Coaster. Well for everyone but me. Upon originally making our Fastpass+ reservations I originally booked our tier 1 pass for the Stars of the Saga show. Realizing a few days earlier that the rest of the family may not care to see that show I changed there reservations to Rockin Roller Coaster. I would have changed it to Toy Story again but unfortunatly those Fastpasses were already gone for the day. Although I didn't have a Fastpass booked from Rockin Roller Coaster it still worked out for me since Kiera's Grandma wouldn't be riding so I was able to use the Fastpass on her Magicband. It was another fun ride on the Roller Coaster that we were able to get on in pretty much no time. This time Kiera and I rode on the 2nd row of the front car which was alot of fun.

With all the family taking a spin on Rockin Roller Coaster we hurried back down to Hollywood Blvd where the Star Wars Legends of the Force Motorcade Parade would soon be starting. We found a decent spot to watch the parade from behind the large groups that had been waiting for hours. I was even able to take Daniel and get a little closer to the parade. While we waited for it to start they had the Janitor looking people out drawing Star Wars characters on the pavement with water and brooms. It was really cool.

Soon enough the parade kicked off and it was awesome seeing such large groups marching down the road in the parade. From the vast amount of Storm Troopers to the Sith Lords to the Jedi Order to the Rebel Alliance. From Droids to Wookies and everything else in between it was so awesome and Daniel was loving every moment of it. As was I.

The parade concludes with the Celebreties that are in the park doing the panals and signing autographs. For the final weekend the entire celebrite line up were from the Star Wars Clone Wars TV show which I actually hadn't watched before. But after this weekend that all changed. When the Motorcade was all said and done all the major characters as well was all the actors were up on the stage at the end of the route which was cool to see. Although it was from quite a distance.

When the Motorcade finished up it was time for another Fastpass+ to be used so back up Sunset Blvd we went until we got to the Tower of Terror. And thankfully both shafts were working today so the lines were much better. It was another fun and great line. Especially since we got right on using Fastpass.

The Star Wars stuff was the top priority in the park today. But due to the rain on our previous visit earlier in the week we also prioritized the stuff that we missed last time. The time was nearing for the 1st showing of the Lights, Motors, Action stunt show so we made our way back to Streets of America to see the show.

Unfortunatly for us though the sky's started to get very dark again pretty quickly. We got our seats in the arena when the annoucement came on that due to weather in the area the start of the show would be delayed. Ok no biggie we thought. We could deal with a delay. We decided to eat our lunch that we brought while we waited. Which of course as we waited the rain started and soon started to major downpoar again. Then what we dreaded came over the intercom. This showing of the stunt show was cancelled. We figured we would try again for the later show but we decided to try and wait out the rain while under the arena canopy.

When the rain finally started to let up some we exited the arena to go to our next and final FastPass+ reservation at Star Tours. Its a good thing it was inside lol. Daniel fell asleep as we walked to the attraction so we let the rest of Kiera's family go first. While they rode I took a look around the shop and then returned to Kiera who was also falling asleep. When the rest of the family returned Kiera's Dad loved the ride and was surprised to find it completly different then the ride earlier in the week. I guess he didn't know there are 50 different ride combinations. So he as well as the other kids used our Rider Swap cards from earlier in the week to go on the ride agian with Kiera and I. It was amazing again and continues to be my favorite Motion Simulator.

Once finished with Star Tours it was nearing time for the Stars of the Saga Panal to start which I booked only myself a Fastpass for. I couldn't come to Star Wars Weekends and not do a panal and supposedly this was the best one to go to. I had planned to go alone but Kiera's Dad and Brothers decided they wanted to check it out as well so they would try to get in thru Standby. I don't know if the rain made a lot of people leave but in the end the Fastpass didn't make any difference. We all entered the building at the same time so I actually sat with the rest of the family for the show.

Before the show begins there is a Storm Trooper preshow which is actually probably the biggest highlight of the panal. It was so funny as the Storm Troopers recount there time in Disney World and also parady Pop Culture a bit before poking fun at the saga it self. Seriously it was so great.

The actual panal portion of the Stars of the Saga show is set up like a talk show where there host of the weekend talks with the Celebraties that are here for the event. Being that the entire actor lineup were from the Clone Wars show I thought that was all they would talk about the whole time. But it was actually alot of fun and they joked and talked about other projects they have done as well. It was a fun and light hearted show that was pretty interactive as well. Even though I had never seen the Clone Wars this cast made me walk out of the building now having a desire to watch the series. This is a must see show if your a Star Wars fan and go during Star Wars Weekends.

When the panal was over we meet up with the rest of the family and made our way back to Lights, Motors, Action to give the show a try again. The rain started picking up again so we were losing hope as this would be our final shot at seeing the show. There was a delayed start again but the show ended up not being cancelled. Although the rain was coming down pretty good there must not have been any Lightning in the area so the show still went on. Although It seemed modified slightly to account for the wet surfice. The Lightning McQueen portion of the show also didn't take place in the rain. Overall though the show was still pretty good and something I enjoy watching when we come to the studios. I know it might be on the chopping block soon so if it is i'm glad I got to see it one more time.

It may have still been raining but at least the outdoor attractions weren't closed. We walked thru the Streets of America over to where some Meet and Greets are and were happy to see they were open. First we saw Lightning McQueen and Mater which had a short wait. Daniel was in heaven seeing these two full sized.

Then we went next door to the Phineas and Ferb meet and greet. This too was a shorter wait and Daniel was so cute with them. He gave them fist bumps and hugs and they were great with him.

While we were seeing characters we might as well keep it going. We walked over near the Backlot Tour entrance where you could see many of the different Star Wars Characters. Some had dedicated meet and greet areas like Jingo Fett and Darth Maul but all the others were just out and about for you to take photos with.

Although Kiera and I didn't care to do it the rest of the family wanted to give the Backlot Tour another shot. Of course now that the attraction has closed down forever I am glad that we decided to do it with them and experiance the ride one last time. There were two parts of the tour. The actual tram backlot drive and a water tank special effects show. Since we had the wheel chair we had a front and center view of the show. Most the actors were out to dinner at the time though so they didn't have that aspect going for them.

We then went thru the prop warehouse which serves as the waiting que for the trams. I don't know how many of the props in here were used in actual movies or tv shows but its still cool to look at.

With the Wheel Chair we were loaded in the very front vehicle of the train and then we were on our way. Although i'm not gonna miss the backlot tour this ride did offer the best view of the Earful Tower. It took you thru the "wardrob" and "prop creation" buildings which is really used for production related to Disney World and not movies like they want you to belive. You then head out to Catestroph Canyon which is really the highlight of the entire attraction as it simulates an earthquake and flash flude right before your eyes. After passing some movie prop vehicles your tour concludes.

You exit into the AFI exhibit that features props and clothing from famous movies. I was excited to see that the exhibit had been changed out since our last visit so everything we saw was new. Although I think the old exhibit was better and had more to see. Of course this is now gone too as it closed when the Backlot Tour did.

We were getting hungry for dinner so we decided to go find something to eat. As we made our way towards Pixar Place though we decided to stop in at Darth's Mall to pick up some items. I wanted something with the Star Wars Weekends logo as a keepsake so I ended up just getting a large vehicle sticker (its kept in its original packaging on my desk). I also decided to try out "The Force" specialty drink and got in the Collectable Storm Trooper cup. The drink was pretty good and I would diffenitly get it again. You could get it with Alcohol or without. If you get it without like I did it is cheaper. I told Kiera that by getting these cups I have started a sort of theme park cup collection lol. From Butterbeer Mugs to a Cone Cup from Cars land to the Flaming Moe's cup to now my Storm Trooper cup who knows what I will get on our next trip.

For dinner we eventually decided to eat at the ABC Commesary. I think I just got a burger but I can't recall what everyone else got. It was good and filling and it kept us dry as the rain started again shortly before we went inside.

The time was drawing near for Fantasmic and dispite the rain it still seemed like it would be taking place. I don't know why didn't think to try and get us Fastpasses for this earlier in the day after all our others were used because we ended up having to wait in a pretty long standby line. But it all worked out fine as we got to sit in a special section that wasn't crowded due to having the wheel chair.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter