WE WANT OUR ANNUAL PASS CODES NOW FOR APRIL AND MAY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by zulaya
And if the AP rates are what makes you buy the AP, then don't renew! Send Disney that message that that's the only reason you buy the AP, if that is indeed the only reason you buy it.

Now that is one of the most logically things posted here today!

I bet though that most people buy the AP for the 2 trip savings and WDW wants both visits to grab resort and consession/resturant revenue. I actually buy the passes so I can make 2 trips with in 12 months (typically) and thus save the cost of a 5+ day pass per person. So its like buying one pass yo go in 2002 & 2003!!! :)

You may be onto something - quite possibly WDW will offer the same rate as a code rate to AP holders. That's not great for us, but it would signal a call to loyalty for those APs who don't know about codes and don't visit discussion these boards! :)

Nice points!

I still bet the rates will be in by 3/28! If not -- I'll start a call me a moron link. (I'm sure my student are right now during spring break anyway LOL ROF). :) That's OK, I'm working on their next exam right now! :) :)

Originally posted by RobMax

I bet though that most people buy the AP for the 2 trip savings and WDW wants both visits to grab resort and consession/resturant revenue.

we get at least 2 trips out of our AP's.

i WOULDNT MIND GETTING TWO OUT OF MINE!

Hurry up with the May AP Rates already!

;-)

I haven't read all the posts here, but I have to agree with Zulaya. I didn't go to WDW last year, so I don't know what the discounts were.

But in 2000, the AP rates came out on March 24th. I'll never forget that day. (It may have been 2001 because I used my APs both years), but that was how late they came out. And, everyone waited patiently. Also, someone correct me if I am wrong, but I don't remember any other code then unless it was for Florida folks, and certain states.

I also am wondering if Disney is giving any other discounts. There are lots of codes and I agree that the Visa is new adventure for them.

Anna
:D

If I didn't get a resort discount, I wouldn't purchase an AP. Also, I wouldn't "go to WDW anyway and just stay at a moderate, instead of a deluxe," as one poster suggested. I'd rather not go at all than go and stay somewhere I wasn't happy with. There are plenty of us who are not a "captive audience," willing to put up with "anything" just to be at Disney World. I know it's near heresy to say it on these boards, but there are plenty of other nice vacation destinations. I'm gonna go where I get the most bang for my buck!

Disney is not obligated to offer discounts of any kind AP or otherwise. If there is no need to offer them they won't. There already are codes that are available to the general public now if enough rooms are filled with those rates Disney will have no need to offer any other discounts. As far as the resorts being shut down for rehab - if there is no demand for those rooms why not.

What people don't realize or at least seem to realize is that booking a room to make sure they have one decreases the chances of a discount being offered - if they have a room booked why discount it later? Its a pure gamble.

Contrary to some of the posters I believe that a majority of onsite guests pay rack rates. Even with all the members on this board - its a small percentage of room capacity given that not everyone goes at the same time. I don't think most people know about the discounts or "codes".

What I wonder is what is going to happen when/if the economy does turn around and tourism goes back to normal and there is such a demand for WDW that there won't be any discounts at all?

Melissa

I don't think some of you are looking at the big picture, at least as far as AP rates go.

The majority of AP holders have an AP because they do multiple trips, not in order to get discounts. You are also forgetting about the many thousands of DVC members who have no need for discounts, but still buy AP's.

Disney is doing some very targeted segment marketing lately, and frankly it has nothing to do with AP's. It has to do with demographics. They are targeting certain groups as potential guests due to national trends in disposable income.

Anne

Originally posted by MelissathePooh

What people don't realize or at least seem to realize is that booking a room to make sure they have one decreases the chances of a discount being offered - if they have a room booked why discount it later? Its a pure gamble.

I SO agree with this statement. Everywhere I look online (disney message boards) everyone recommends that you book the hotel that you really want at rack rates in advance. But if everyone did this, why would Disney offer discounts? I personally will never pay rack rates at Disney. I am still peeved that I wasn't offered the comeback rate on my January trip. So I rented points from a DVC member for my October trip and they can take my money. I hope you get your AP rates soon!!

This was from a recent post by Mainebound "Just back from AKL! (long) "

"Our rooms were on the right side of the resort, facing out. We had wanted Arusha savannah, and we were a bit disappointed to be able to see cars and, at night, neon signs, in the distance, but we were told that certain sections of the resort were in "lock down" to save money in a time of lower occupancy and so our room choices were limited. "

Everywhere I look online (disney message boards) everyone recommends that you book the hotel that you really want at rack rates in advance. But if everyone did this, why would Disney offer discounts?

Regardless of what effect it has on discounts, when we decide to go, we go whether there are discounts or not. We've never made a trip to WDW because of discounts being offered.

If you're only going to stay at a certain resort IF there are discounts, then it makes no sense to book in advance. I'm not willing to risk getting what I want on the chance that there may be a discount out at some point. So, for us, booking as soon as we know where we want to stay makes perfect sense.

If it causes me to pay rack rate, so be it. This year, we're staying at Old Key West, booked through WDW, and actually it costs less than if we had rented points, plus we get daily housekeeping! Surprisingly, renting points isn't always the best option.

We have AP's because we made 4 trips last year and will make 3 this year. Now if they offer AP rates for the resort I want I will most certainly use them.

I am also wondering when and if they will come out, but I am not moaning and groaning. Although I would think that this would be the one place I could do that.

My DH called CRO to get rates over Easter and the CM he spoke with suggested he book with a code and that AP rates would be out shortly:confused:

Originally posted by MelissathePooh
Disney is not obligated to offer discounts of any kind AP or otherwise. If there is no need to offer them they won't....Contrary to some of the posters I believe that a majority of onsite guests pay rack rates.
Melissa

Sorry Melissa, and hate to sound harsh, but all these issues have been address on this and other threads and you are 100% incorrect on all accounts. Why not buy Kotler and Armstrong - Principles of Marketing 2003 10 eddition.

Originally posted by ducklite
Disney is doing some very targeted segment marketing lately, and frankly it has nothing to do with AP's. It has to do with demographics. They are targeting certain groups as potential guests due to national trends in disposable income.

Anne

Yes they are, but microsegmentation cannot support a mass service business like Disney runs "see posts on under utilization of resort hotels"

We buy our APs because we always do a long trip to WDW in the fall. It is the most economical way to go. But, since we already have a pass, if they offer a good discount on rooms, we often will take a second trip in late spring after spring breaks. We will pass completely on the trip before we will stay offsite. We will also pass on the trip if we can't get a decent discount on the room. But we need to have some notice to be able to get decent airfare. We live 2000 miles away with limited non-stops to Orlando. Also factor in needing to give some notice to employers to take time off. Maybe we are in the minority, but I don't think everyone buys APs because they plan multiple trips. We can sometimes make multiple trips because of the opportunities the AP sometimes creates.

Originally posted by franw
We buy our APs because we always do a long trip to WDW in the fall. It is the most economical way to go. But, since we already have a pass, if they offer a good discount on rooms, we often will take a second trip in late spring after spring breaks.

We will pass completely on the trip before we will stay offsite.

We will also pass on the trip if we can't get a decent discount on the room.

Adam Smith's invisible hand of the market at work.

You (and others) are silently directing their decisions. Hang in there! Disney reported this week that both retail and travel earnings will be well below estimates. We should see some interesting things begin to happen very soon.

Man I love business strategy and capitalism!

I don't know, I thought the airlines would cut fares to entice people to fly and yet all they did was cut flights and jobs to save money. From my city there is only one flight a day where there used to be 3 or 4 to some cities.

I think that whoever said that most people pay rack rate is probably right -- we here on the DIS are just lucky (and a little obsessive compulsive about WDW:D ) that we find out about this stuff. You know, I even <i>tell</i> people I know about codes and ways to save, and some of them don't even do it!:eek: Lazy!

I think AP rates will continue, but I think it's unrealistic to think that Disney will do more cutting rates and less cutting services to save money. Until the economy recovers we may not be able to expect as much from WDW.

This is our seventh trip to WDW and the first trip where we have used any kind of discount. We have always booked a full package through a travel agent, paid rack rate, and that was it. I didn't know there even was a cheaper route to take until I joined the Dis forums. Like you Haley, I too try to tell all my friends and neighbors about codes and AP's and things and they still choose to pay the full price. I guess it's just easier to sit back and spend money you don't need to be spending than to take the time to listen or do a little research. I'm almost ashambed when I think of how much money we could have saved had I found this board earlier.

Originally posted by RobMax
Yes they are, but microsegmentation cannot support a mass service business like Disney runs "see posts on under utilization of resort hotels"

So you think the answer for Disney is offering AP room discounts? Why do you think that is more effective than the other targeted marketing Disney is doing (postcards, comeback rates, general codes, regional codes, Disney Visa, etc.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter