WE WANT OUR ANNUAL PASS CODES NOW FOR APRIL AND MAY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobMax

<font color=blue>Found out the hard way, that an a
My irritation is increasing as I get more "not yet" answers from the CRO office.

I would like to suggest we continue to bump this link as we make contact with WDW about the new rates for Annual Passes.

When you call the AP # you will find you have been connected to CRO. I guess this is part of the exciting changes the automated message system talks about! Exciting for Disney because thay can use fewer customer service people and save some money! Stinks for us APholders!

As a marketing professor and former VP of a services division of a fortune 100, I get the feeling the AP rates right now aren't as improtant to the Disney Rate Analysts as the partnering ventures with companies like DU. Thus, if a choir of voices pressed the issue with Disney, quite possibly the AP decision would move up the to do list.

Please call the number below and report back to this link on your success or lack there of.

1-407-560-Pass
1-407-827-7200

I think the reservation hosts are as ready for the decision as we are. If you are getting the "Not Yet" response that I am, why not say something to the host like "I really don't know how long I can wait ... should I plan to stay off site or will we know in a day or two." As signals of resort dollars heading for the exits increases -- on the heals of this War proposal-- I am willing to bet we will get what we want and Soon.

Aint I a stinker

PLEASE Remember to report back and I will keep you all updated as well.

Nothing like the grassroots making things happen. It's what this country was built on!!!

Originally posted by RobMax
...When you call the AP # you will find you have been connected to CRO. I guess this is part of the exciting changes the automated message system talks about! Exciting for Disney because thay can use fewer customer service people and save some money! Stinks for us APholders![/I]

There is no change here, exciting or otherwise. The AP line has always been answered by CRO.

Thanks for the phone numbers :D

I don't think that harassing the Disney Reservation agents will get discounts out any sooner.

Disney is not obligated to give out AP discounts. There may not be any more discounts this summer. I think that Disney will be closing off sections of resorts this year instead of discounting rooms.

In my opinion we have been spoiled in the last several years with discounts.

I believe with the introduction of the Disney Visa program you are going to see less and less discounts and codes offered.

I believe Disney has found a way to make us pay to get discounts by using the Visa - Disney makes money - and only then do you get a discount

JMHO

First off - thanks golden oldie, didn't know that, next time add a smile or I'll start calling your golden grumpy... :)

Originally posted by gepetto
I don't think that harassing the Disney Reservation agents will get discounts out any sooner.

Disney is not obligated to give out AP discounts. There may not be any more discounts this summer. I think that Disney will be closing off sections of resorts this year instead of discounting rooms.

Let me be a bit clearer. Please!!! Don't harrass the reservation hosts. I am just suggesting that you to let them know your concern so they can forward the issue to others. That's how CS depts work!

As for the second part of your post ... If they do that -- I'm selling my stock. That may be the worst business decision I have ever heard and I expect that it would result in damages to customer loyalty and future occupancy rates. Remember, Disney makes it's money when you are a captive customer. They want you there.

Also consider that SOG and one(?) of the Poly long houses are closed and the CBR is finally up and running. Also, there are tons of rooms available for even tonight.

Let me give you an example for a service marketing lecture.

A plane is scheduled to leave the airport every day at noon reguardless of the # of customers on it. The plane must fly every day. When the plane leaves the ground it must pay for its full flight crew, gas, fees, etc for every flight with some small fluctuation in variable costs. Thus, when the plane leaves the ground 50% full it very well may lose all its profitibility due to high fixed costs. This is because services are perishable and thus cannot be stocked up. It only makes sense to discount those other seats with the hope of making something rather than losing or breaking even. This ofcourse would not even be an issue for the airline on the day before a holiday, but May and June aren't exactly holiday months nor are they heavy business months.

To close sections of the resort (even small sections of the hotels) would require the layoffs of employees (semi-variable) that cost WDW much less than the managerial salaries (fixed) and signal instability to the financial markets. Additionally, the fixed costs wouldn't change because the parks and Hotels still have to open). If we are talking refurbishment - make sure you take that money away from retained earning and/or the operating budget (also damaging the bottom line). I think if they do as you suggest, the stock would take a hit in June due to reduced occupancy in the Regular season and then would result in a bull-whip-effect causing stock prices to cascade at years end. These are intangible liability effects.

The keep it open logic is at the core of disney process management. This is the exact reason disney does major repairs and clean up in the parks over night. They want as much of the park accessible as possible.

I actually have a paper published on this process. I can email it to you if you like.

NEVER FEAR! They will offer discounts. They are obligated to the Market. And if they don't just stay at the S and D like many of us do. :)

Nice debate question gepetto ! Thanks. :) I needed that on spring break! Hope it wasn't too preachy!?! :)

BTW - the resy hosts have told us the rates are coming, they just don't know when. For one -- WDW2000 needs the rates for a trip two weeks away.

I see your logic with regard to possibility of resorts closing sections. :D However, I'm sure that the higher powers at WDW realize that AP holders will still go to Disney and stay onsite even without a discount. They will just be staying at a moderate rather than a deluxe. Or they will skip the concierge level this year. Disney still gets their money but has to provide fewer amenities.

I would love nothing better than to see summer AP rates since that's when we are going. I have a DC discount but I'm not counting on any other savings.

Originally posted by gepetto
I would love nothing better than to see summer AP rates since that's when we are going. I have a DC discount but I'm not counting on any other savings.

Me too - nice to have a fall back plan ... I guess that DisVisa will be another option mentioned above. Wonder how that will conflict with Amex white glove?

What I'm wondering is why the sudden change in thought that Disney is going to stop offering resort discounts? Just because they are making us wait longer for discounts doesn't mean that they won't come. There has not yet been a period of time in the last couple of years where there has not been a discount offered (except for the obvious time periods like Easter and Christmas / New Years). They are just waiting until the last minute, and plus there is just so much uncertainty right now, with the impending war and all.

I think that the AP rates will be here within the next couple of weeks. At least, I hope...;) :confused:

Originally posted by RobMax
... Wonder how that will conflict with Amex white glove?

The Amex White Glove Treatment program ended on December 31, 2002, as did Amex being considered the official credit card of WDW. The official card, of course, is now the Disney VISA.

I feel a little more optomistic about AP rates this summer only because discounts were offered during peak season on rooms this year (AP rate and anyone code) for late Feb through early April. That didn't even happen last year (I know because we ended up with a AmEx discount on moderate for $121/night March 8-16 last year. Lots of comments on the boards last year about how peak season discounts are hardly ever offered and not to expect them in March...but this year they were offered. So maybe with a little bit of faith and trust and pixie dust.. we'll see some AP rates soon :).

Now aren't they subtle - Honestly, I never really notice "white glove" even when I used the card. :)

Looks like you are going in May as Well. Come on AP rates.

Trekker -

The rate discounts are an example of psychological pricing.

I am willing to bet the folks who pay rack rate are a small percentage of the folks who buy. So you get 25% off. That doesn't mean that they ever expected many of us to pay rack rate, especially after the prices have risen 20% (don't quote me on that) over last several years. Consumers tend to be more loyal and satisfied when they feel like they are getting a break. Car dealerships have been doing it for years.

Wanna see how I know it works....

You feel spoiled. :) :bounce: :p :Pinkbounc :D

We have been waiting anxiously for the AP discounts to be published. I don't remember them waiting so long before. A lot of people are probably on the fence right now trying to decide whether to plan a "last minute" trip. We have to book airline tickets a lot farther in advance than folks on the east coast and mid-west. I think the AP holders would fill up a couple of buildings themselves if we had a little more notice here! Come on Disney - give us a break! Maybe we are spoiled by the discounts, but Disney does make a lot more money off us if we make two trips down instead of one each year. That is the difference between full rack and AP discounts for a lot of us. Our expenditures are still the same once we get there.

AHH. From the knowledge of the marketing professor. My husband and I constantly talk like this when we refer to Disney. My husband and I both have a marketing background, and disney is even beginning to get on our nerves. Closing down resorts may be one option, but then it triggers an effect that I'm not sure even Disney wants. So, we'll keep waiting, calling, and praying for those discounts.

But Disney is already shutting down sections of resorts. Case in point - a recent trip on the bus around POR and POFQ showed several end buildings in FQ and almost half of the mansions completely deserted. No people, no cars, no NOTHING! Oh yeah, except a bus staging area in one of the lots. Shut downs are already happening.

Originally posted by lindamg
But Disney is already shutting down sections of resorts. Case in point - a recent trip on the bus around POR and POFQ showed several end buildings in FQ and almost half of the mansions completely deserted. No people, no cars, no NOTHING! Oh yeah, except a bus staging area in one of the lots. Shut downs are already happening.

Oh man,

I thought that was only speculation. I didn't know the resort shutdown was already happening.

That certainly doesn't bode well for us travelers as well as the Disney Cast members.

This is really a sad time all around.

We got sick and tired of waiting around for AP rates and decided to spend 4 nights at Portofino Bay and the other 5 nights at a dvc resort by renting points. At least now I know where I'm staying and it's all paid in full. I'm not patient enough I guess. And I'm not going to spend 2 months calling CRO and putting up with all their red tape... name, address, phone #, blood type, etc. ;)

I wonder if Disney realizes they are losing business this way? :confused:

Originally posted by lindamg

WRONG!

You are talking about a place they have closed when the deals are in place and they still can't get people there. This is a logistics issue. "Get the people we could get here and put them in an area that allows us to service them better with fewer people." They would be morons to put one family alone in one mansion when the resort isn't full.

This is reactive operations management NOT proactive marketing strategy including deals to bring more people into the parks and hotels! :) Hope that clears it up a bit.

If the resort hotels are well below occupancy that mean deals are on the way. What are they going to do ... keep closing down places until one hotel remains full and hope they can make it on rack rates? Yea Right! :earseek:

Btw, I do have some professional experience with these people. :) :bounce:

It would be interesting if they wound up not offering any AP rates in April/May since there are codes anybody can use for discounts from April something or other through July 3 that are up on mousesavers.com.

I'm using DVC in May!!!

I don't think you should be surprised if you don't see AP rates for April/May. First, there's a pretty decent code rate out for the public to use. Yeah, it isn't as good as last year, but then again, none of the discounts in 2003 have been as good as 2002. Disney probably wants to target a bigger audience than just AP holders - I am speculating here - not a marketing professor here. Second, I think that Disney Visa is going to be a major player in getting good room rates. The newest code actually is from the Disney Visa website, even though you don't need the Visa to use it.

You also have to realize that just because you got a AP rate in the past doesn't mean that it will be there EVERY time you want it to be. They don't HAVE to give you an AP rate. No offense, people, but it's a little tiring to see all the moaning and groaning about the fact that AP rates are not out. Book a code rate and count your lucky stars if the AP rates come out and are better.

And if the AP rates are what makes you buy the AP, then don't renew! Send Disney that message that that's the only reason you buy the AP, if that is indeed the only reason you buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter