The Running Thread--2024

Peacock is probably my most-used streaming service. I follow English Premier League soccer closely and it has the vast majority of matches.
Same here! It used to have skiing as well, but skiing created their own streaming service, which I did not buy. Now I only use Peacock for PL games, so I haven't been on it since May.

QOTD: It's Olympics time!!! 🥳 What events or match-ups are you most looking forward to - running or otherwise?

ATTQOTD:
  • Marathons, obvs 😝
  • The men's 1500 is going to be 🔥🔥🔥
  • Also I think Faith Kipyegon is running both the 1500 and 5000, and she is always spectacular to watch
  • Sydney McLaughlin-Levrone and Femke Bol go head to head for the first time in a while 👀
  • Can Noah double again??
  • Aaalllllllll the women's gymnastics, please 🤸‍♀️
  • Whatever random events are on when I happen to turn on the TV. Breaking? Sure! Rock climbing? Why not?
Let's go, team USA!!!! 🇺🇸

I feel like if you know how I feel about running this isn't super surprising, but ... I don't love watching Track & Field. I might watch the primetime coverage but I don't go out of my way to watch it.

I'm a big big gymnastics fanatic so lots of that. Mostly women's but men's too - I really like Brody Malone and I'm excited that he was able to come back from his injury. I'm also all about swimming, will watch lots of that. I do want to see Breaking because I'm just fascinated that it's an Olympic sport. Will probably watch some Basketball and Beach Volleyball. Other than that, whatever NBC is showing on primetime or whatever is on Peacock and looks interesting.

Can I just say how annoyed I am by Peyton manning injecting all of his football-isms during the opening ceremonies ? Why is he there?

Also, I feel like they can take a page from Tara and Johnny (who do Olympic figure skating commentary) and quit blurting things out in the middle some really great performances. They are not adding anything.

We're here in Paris now. My dreams are coming true! I teared up when we landed at CDG and i saw the first Olympic billboard.
Last night we had the French broadcast on the TV in the hotel room and then looked out the window to see the Effiel Tower. The broadcast was on 11 second delay so we would see the major changes in lighting on the tower out the window first then on the TV. I thought to myself, this is way better than what NBC must be showing... no commercials here! Only downside was no translation of the French speeches, and then when the speaker was using English, they dub it over in French!

While we're here we will see Beach Volleyball, swimming heats (men's and women's of various races) and women's soccer (Japan vs. Brazil) we packed green & gold gear so hopefully we aren't in a sea of red when we arrive at our seats.

When we get home we signed up for Peacock and will just enjoy anything we can find. We very much enjoyed watching the Olympic trials.

PS- for any men's gymnastic fans....Stephen Nedoroscik's parents were on our flight over here.

ATTQOTD: I've been enjoying soccer and rugby 7s the last two days. I was pretty disappointed there were no competitions for me to watch today but then I looked at the schedule for tomorrow and was instantly overwhelmed.

My favorite summer Olympic sports are athletics, beach volleyball, and rugby 7s. I'm also a creature of convenience and will watch whatever competition is happening when I'm available.

I have tickets to watch athletics, beach volleyball, diving, and water polo so looking forward to those the most 🤩

Can I just say how annoyed I am by Peyton manning injecting all of his football-isms during the opening ceremonies ? Why is he there?

Also, I feel like they can take a page from Tara and Johnny (who do Olympic figure skating commentary) and quit blurting things out in the middle some really great performances. They are not adding anything.
To be cynical, NBC brought their whole cannon of celebrities because ratings for the Olympics are down. NBC has the competition locked in until 2030-something and they have to bring in interest.

The one piece I wanted to see i saw this morning. I dug thru the replay until I found it: the bells of Notre Dame ringing out!

I'm not getting a gosh-darn thing done today since men's team gymnastics finals is live and I'm watching ALL of it. However, I'm window-shopping while I watch, and has anyone run in the brooks hyperion max? DS2 has regular hyperions and they are definitely not cushy, but I'm wondering if the max might be?

I'm not getting a gosh-darn thing done today since men's team gymnastics finals is live and I'm watching ALL of it. However, I'm window-shopping while I watch, and has anyone run in the brooks hyperion max? DS2 has regular hyperions and they are definitely not cushy, but I'm wondering if the max might be?
I'm very grateful for working at home and the Peacock app so I could watch all four rotations simultaneously in multi-view.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest