Cashless society

Does it take a while for your bank account to display ATM withdrawals too?
No, those are immediate . But I only withdraw cash from ATMS owned by my bank. Not sure what would happen at another banks ATM. Like I said, it appears the delay is caused by which bank or processing service the merchant uses.

Does it take a while for your bank account to display ATM withdrawals too?
I will add that deposits can be odd. At the ATM, instant. I have an annuity payment that is supposed to go in on the 5th of the month, but it never posts before the 7th. And my wife is supposed to get her Social Security payment on the second Wednesday of the month, and mine the 4th Wednesday. But with both of those they post on the Saturday before, 4 days early.

I always use credit cards for the points or miles. I only use debit card if I have a deposit to make at the bank or if there's some rare occasion that I need to get cash from bank.

There's no benefit to using a debit card for purchases. Totally worthless in my opinion. Cash is king when purchasing something from some other person or selling something to another person. I prefer cash over venmo in those situations.

I haven't written a check in a decade or two. It's much easier and profitable to use credit cards and just electronically pay off the balance each month. The points pay for most of my hotel stays.

I haven't written a check in a decade or two. It's much easier and profitable to use credit cards and just electronically pay off the balance each month. The points pay for most of my hotel stays.
My daughter bought a house 5 years ago. Had a checking account with debit card but never ordered checks until she bought the house. There just were things that her only option was to write a check (or cash). Same when she sold the house in July. Landscaper, cash or check only. Power wash company, cash or check only. And settling her utility accounts, payment by check only, even though she had been paying her bills online. Refunds for all overpayments, by check.

We’ve noticed lately more and more restaurants are adding a fee if yiu use debit or credit so if go to those places we take cash
So by places wanting to go cashless then we’re paying even more cause they’ll still add the fees in. They’re for sure not going to pay them
So the customer is forced to pay even more

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest