*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

*Construction Notes*

Updated 8/29/24

*8/27/24 - Gaspy’s Patio Construction has begun. Photos can be found HERE.

*Work on the Lobby has NOT STARTED to date.

*7/25/24 - M. Mouse Mercantile has REOPENED!

*6/25/24 - Announced Refurbishment of the Convention Center from Summer 2025-Fall 2025.

*M. Mouse Mercantile STILL CLOSED for Refurbishment at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort. Expected to Reopen July 13.

*6/1/24 (estimated) - Construction outside of Porte Cochere/Monorail Platform area has now been completed. Scaffolding has been removed from the area.

*5/20/24 - M. Mouse Mercantile NOW CLOSED for Refurbishment at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort. Expected to Reopen July 13.

*Work has NOT started on the lobby as of today.

*4/29/24 - M. Mouse Mercantile Closing for Refurbishment at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort Starting May 13 to Mid-July

As of 4/17/24, the only visible construction at The Grand was located outside the Main Building. Pictures taken during my trip last week can be viewed below. According to emails sent to guests, as well as blogs, work on the Lobby should begin soon. NO DATES HAVE BEEN GIVEN AS FAR AS START OR COMPLETION DATES. As information becomes available, I will be sure to update this thread (Page 1 included). No information has been given regarding any additional work at this time. I’d appreciate anyone who has trips coming up, if they’d kindly post any new construction indoors or out. I’d love to keep this thread as up to date as possible. Thanks so much!!!

1712593691234.jpeg

1712593702409.jpeg

Current Lobby State: REFURBISHMENT HAS NOT STARTED.

IMG_2429.jpeg

EMAILS SENT TO GUESTS

Letter Sent to Guests:

Dear Guest,
In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience here at the Walt Disney World® Resort, we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we would like to make you aware of renovations that will be taking place during your visit. While we work our magic, you will see or hear construction around Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – including our lobby – during daytime hours.

Letter sent to International Guests:

"Dear Guest,

Since March 2022, Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa has been undergoing a period of enhancement to continuously improve the magic of this fantastic Resort.

Walt Disney Travel Company International have just been made aware that some aspects of this ongoing period of enhancement will continue to take place during your stay through 2025. This will include some minor work where the lobby will be undergoing some enhancements but will remain fully accessible. We would like to take the opportunity to assure you that these minor enhancements will not deter from the comfort and luxury of your stay at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

We wish to confirm that all amenities, including dining, shopping, spa, and recreation including all pools and water play areas will be open for your enjoyment. We’d like to remind you about just some of the many incredible experiences at this Resort."

I just waitlisted both 1 bedroom options for 3rd week of October-- 1 night only. We're owners here (but have never actually stayed here), and due to work schedule, we couldn't schedule this trip any sooner! We are currently staying at Copper Creek, which we also love, but we are hoping our waitlist comes through! It's our 1-night pre-cruise stay :)

Questions:
1. Is there still a chair in the living area of the one bed units? We haven’t stayed since they added the murphy beds and some pictures show no club style chair in the space.

2. where are the stairways located in the VGF original building? I cannot remember!

Questions:
1. Is there still a chair in the living area of the one bed units? We haven’t stayed since they added the murphy beds and some pictures show no club style chair in the space.

2. where are the stairways located in the VGF original building? I cannot remember!
We stayed in 1315 in July. It was at the end of the hallway and there was a flight of stairs next to our room. It emptied out by the wedding pavilion.

Yes there is still a chair as of June 2024 in the living room.

There is also a set of stairs at the end of the hallway that lets out by the beach area and the pool.

Questions:

There is still a chair in the living room, however the ottoman & the two upholstered storage cubes were not replaced in the most recent refurb., we never used the cubes, but I did miss the ottoman.

Boat Transportation Between Magic Kingdom and Grand Floridian Temporarily Unavailable - expected to be completed by Saturday, September 14

Boat service between Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and Magic Kingdom is suspended this week for a refurbishment of the Grand Floridian’s dock.

Grand Floridian Watercraft Transporation Unavailable
A sign at a Disney resort informs guests that watercraft transportation is unavailable and directs them to use the Resort Monorail or walkway to Magic Kingdom Park.

We visited the closed dock on Monday, September 9. An A-frame sign directs guests to other transportation options.

A small dock area by a lake, surrounded by green barriers and a cart with painting supplies in front. Dark storm clouds form over the horizon. Nearby signage displays maps and information.
The refurbishment of the dock is expected to be completed by the end of this week, on Saturday, September 14. The transportation service should return to normal operations once the work is complete.

We didn’t see any crew members out at work on the dock due to the weather (as you can see by the dark clouds in the photo above), but some of their equipment was stationed outside of temporary green barriers blocking access to the area.

In the meantime, guests are encouraged to take the walking path between the resort and Magic Kingdom or utilize alternative means of transportation, like the resort Monorail.

*Construction Notes*

Updated 9/9/24

*9/9/24 - Dock Refurbishment Between Grand Floridian and Magic Kingdom - Temporarily Unavailable until 9/14/24.1725970795010.jpeg

*8/27/24 - Gaspy’s Patio Construction has begun. Photos can be found HERE.

*6/25/24 - Announced Refurbishment of the Convention Center from Summer 2025-Fall 2025.

*M. Mouse Mercantile STILL CLOSED for Refurbishment at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort. Expected to Reopen July 13.

*6/1/24 (estimated) - Construction outside of Porte Cochere/Monorail Platform area has now been completed. Scaffolding has been removed from the area.

*5/20/24 - M. Mouse Mercantile NOW CLOSED for Refurbishment at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort. Expected to Reopen July 13.

*4/29/24 - M. Mouse Mercantile Closing for Refurbishment at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort Starting May 13 to Mid-July

As of 4/17/24, the only visible construction at The Grand was located outside the Main Building. Pictures taken during my trip last week can be viewed below. According to emails sent to guests, as well as blogs, work on the Lobby should begin soon. NO DATES HAVE BEEN GIVEN AS FAR AS START OR COMPLETION DATES. As information becomes available, I will be sure to update this thread (Page 1 included). No information has been given regarding any additional work at this time. I’d appreciate anyone who has trips coming up, if they’d kindly post any new construction indoors or out. I’d love to keep this thread as up to date as possible. Thanks so much!!!

1712593691234.jpeg

1712593702409.jpeg

IMG_2429.jpeg

EMAILS SENT TO GUESTS

Letter Sent to Guests:

Dear Guest,
In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience here at the Walt Disney World® Resort, we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we would like to make you aware of renovations that will be taking place during your visit. While we work our magic, you will see or hear construction around Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – including our lobby – during daytime hours.

"Dear Guest,

Since March 2022, Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa has been undergoing a period of enhancement to continuously improve the magic of this fantastic Resort.

Walt Disney Travel Company International have just been made aware that some aspects of this ongoing period of enhancement will continue to take place during your stay through 2025. This will include some minor work where the lobby will be undergoing some enhancements but will remain fully accessible. We would like to take the opportunity to assure you that these minor enhancements will not deter from the comfort and luxury of your stay at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

We wish to confirm that all amenities, including dining, shopping, spa, and recreation including all pools and water play areas will be open for your enjoyment. We’d like to remind you about just some of the many incredible experiences at this Resort."

Last edited:

Boat Transportation Between Magic Kingdom and Grand Floridian Temporarily Unavailable - expected to be completed by Saturday, September 14

Boat service between Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and Magic Kingdom is suspended this week for a refurbishment of the Grand Floridian’s dock.

Grand Floridian Watercraft Transporation Unavailable
A sign at a Disney resort informs guests that watercraft transportation is unavailable and directs them to use the Resort Monorail or walkway to Magic Kingdom Park.

We visited the closed dock on Monday, September 9. An A-frame sign directs guests to other transportation options.

A small dock area by a lake, surrounded by green barriers and a cart with painting supplies in front. Dark storm clouds form over the horizon. Nearby signage displays maps and information.
The refurbishment of the dock is expected to be completed by the end of this week, on Saturday, September 14. The transportation service should return to normal operations once the work is complete.

We didn’t see any crew members out at work on the dock due to the weather (as you can see by the dark clouds in the photo above), but some of their equipment was stationed outside of temporary green barriers blocking access to the area.

In the meantime, guests are encouraged to take the walking path between the resort and Magic Kingdom or utilize alternative means of transportation, like the resort Monorail.
Dock Refurbishment should be completed today. Is anyone there that can confirm the boat is back in service to The Grand? Thanks!

Evening all, we arrived at the Grand Flo on Friday (09/13) for a 10 day stay (we are DVC owners of 3 years) and am happy to say that the paving work outside Gasparilla grill is complete and the whole area is open…I also believe that the boat dock reopened on Saturday 09/14 as expected.
Happy days 😀😀😀

Evening all, we arrived at the Grand Flo on Friday (09/13) for a 10 day stay (we are DVC owners of 3 years) and am happy to say that the paving work outside Gasparilla grill is complete and the whole area is open…I also believe that the boat dock reopened on Saturday 09/14 as expected.
Happy days 😀😀😀
Thank you for reporting! Did you happen to take any pictures of the completed patio? If so, can you please share with us? Have a great trip!

PS… if you happen to see anything new pop up while you are there, can you please report it here? Thanks!!

Last edited:
*Construction Notes*

Updated 9/16/24

*9/16/24 - Gasparilla’s Patio Work is still in progress. Some sections have reopened, while some remain closed.

IMG_7243.jpeg

IMG_7242.jpeg
Thank you @Tinks for sharing!

*9/14/24 - Dock Refurbishment Between Grand Floridian and Magic Kingdom is now complete. Boat service has resumed.

*9/9/24 - Dock Refurbishment Between Grand Floridian and Magic Kingdom - Temporarily Unavailable until 9/14/24.
View attachment 893215

*8/27/24 - Gaspy’s Patio Construction has begun. Photos can be found HERE and HERE.

1712593691234.jpeg

1712593702409.jpeg

IMG_2429.jpeg

EMAILS SENT TO GUESTS

Letter Sent to Guests:

Dear Guest,

"Dear Guest,

Last edited:
staying at VGF for the first time (and our first time as owners!) and wanted to ask the experts here ...for a casual dinner before Very Merry, which has the better food - Beaches Pool Bar or Gasparilla Island Grill? Thought about going over to Steakhouse 71 but would rather something not sit-down/more casual and would rather stay put at VGF. Open to suggestions!

staying at VGF for the first time (and our first time as owners!) and wanted to ask the experts here ...for a casual dinner before Very Merry, which has the better food - Beaches Pool Bar or Gasparilla Island Grill? Thought about going over to Steakhouse 71 but would rather something not sit-down/more casual and would rather stay put at VGF. Open to suggestions!
I’d suggest Enchanted Rose - take a look at their food menu. We easily eat there and call it a meal.

Thanks! I should have specified that our small children will be with us, if that changes your answer!

Second question - we have a 1BD standard reserved. Is there a particular area/room request I should ask for? Or just roll the dice with what I get assigned? Nothing really stuck out to me when I reviewed TP.

Thanks!
I’d suggest Enchanted Rose - take a look at their food menu. We easily eat there and call it a meal.

If the weather’s nice I’d hop on the boat over to the Poly & grab something from their QS - Captain Cooks, and then head to the MK via monorail or boat from there.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest