The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

What about in the 1BR?
They are part of that two bedroom lockoff but booking as one bedroom instead. Princess & The Frog. (Only rooms with different themes are the deluxe studio Aurora or Tiana). Other room types fixed theming. Deluxe studios that would make a lock off are each Tiana to match the one bedroom next to it on each floor. Otherwise odd floors Aurora & even floors Tiana.

Just checked in and got room 1110. The cast member was awesome. She saw we had back to back stays in preferred studios - 4 nights hearing accessible and 7 in non-accessible. She went to the back and got the room assigner to put us in the same non-accessible room the whole time. Just have to get new keys on “switchover days.

Just checked in and got room 1110. The cast member was awesome. She saw we had back to back stays in preferred studios - 4 nights hearing accessible and 7 in non-accessible. She went to the back and got the room assigner to put us in the same non-accessible room the whole time. Just have to get new keys on “switchover days.
That is so nice of them!!

The Coffee House was training employees today. Hours are posted on the website for the 27th (used to be July 1). When we checked in Thursday the cast member said she was hearing June 25. Hoping for a soft opening tomorrow.
I haven't cruised over there in a month or so. Were you able to see in? Did they add any coolers to the Coffee House in the remodel? Wondering if they added some space for refrigerated and frozen items for the tower. Even a little would be better than nothing.

Anyone have a idea on when the Easter egg displays at GF may start in 2025 since Easter is in April 20th in 2025?

I haven't cruised over there in a month or so. Were you able to see in? Did they add any coolers to the Coffee House in the remodel? Wondering if they added some space for refrigerated and frozen items for the tower. Even a little would be better than nothing.
From what I could see through the window there was a refrigerated section, but it only had drinks. I did not see any freezer area that could be for DVC items. It’s our first visit so I have nothing to compare it to. We will definitely go once it opens so I can report more back then.

From what I could see through the window there was a refrigerated section, but it only had drinks. I did not see any freezer area that could be for DVC items. It’s our first visit so I have nothing to compare it to. We will definitely go once it opens so I can report more back then.
That sounds like just what it had before: one cooler for refrigerated drinks and nothing more.

Yep, room key. Not sure if the phone room key works but we always used the room key card.

Here is one of the shorter videos regarding this entrance. Most all the videos state Paradise Pier Hotel entrance but any Disney hotel key will work.

I don't remember exactly but seemed like a 5-10 minute walk from VDH.

Video

Article with photos
https://mickeyblog.com/2022/06/12/paradise-pier-hotel-gets-california-adventure-entrance/

Map I Made (had some available time today and made this map)

View attachment 854758
There are reports on FB and the front desk cast member told us upon checking in that Pixar Place DCA entrance is turning away non-Pixar guests during early entry. I find this ironic considering I just did a survey that listed d using this entrance as a perk.

There are reports on FB and the front desk cast member told us upon checking in that Pixar Place DCA entrance is turning away non-Pixar guests during early entry. I find this ironic considering I just did a survey that listed d using this entrance as a perk.
Strange. Maybe a change in policy or maybe bad info.

The signs leading up to the gate state for guests of Pixar Hotel. When I asked cast members including at the Disneyland Hotel check in they said the gate was for all Disneyland guests staying on property (DH, VDH, Pixar, VGC).

Hoping it hasn't changed...

Strange. Maybe a change in policy or maybe bad info.

The signs leading up to the gate state for guests of Pixar Hotel. When I asked cast members including at the Disneyland Hotel check in they said the gate was for all Disneyland guests staying on property (DH, VDH, Pixar, VGC).

Hoping it hasn't changed...
We got in during the afternoon with no issue. I guess this is specifically happening during early entry. We have been rope dropping Guardians so the main entrance works best for us anyway.

We got in during the afternoon with no issue. I guess this is specifically happening during early entry. We have been rope dropping Guardians so the main entrance works best for us anyway.
Thanks for the heads up. In February we rope dropped through the entrance with no problems. VDH room key badged us through the gate. No issues when clearing through security and ticketing at DCA.

We have an upcoming trip in January and will stay at VDH again. Will keep a look out to see if its changed or not.

When they built that entrance it was really pimped as an exclusive entry into DCA for Pixar Pier guests. (In fact, it was actually a "re-opening" of an old exclusive entrance only available to Pixar Pier guests that was closed when they built VGC). I think the signs have always said "Pixar Pier Hotel Guests Only", even though over time they did seem to let DLH guests in too.

Last edited:
Just to add one more tidbit to this, this morning we went through VGC for early entry for DCA (we used the downtown Disney entrance since we wanted to go to the main gate). At any rate, there was an umbrella and standing pad outside the door to the Pixar Place DCA gate by the VGC entrance. My guess is that is for somebody to be checking hotel cards.

I mean, it does make sense. Sure, the Frontier Tower at DLH is sorta close to Pixar Place, but DLH proper does have access to the parks through DTD without the need to walk across a street or through another hotel. The DCA entrance for PP makes up for that.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest