The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

Just checked in this morning, waiting for villa to be ready. Finally our first time in VDH.

The CM at registration said that TOT could be charged at end of trip. She did let me pay with my Disney gift cards.
I would not wait until the end of the trip to pay. Our 2nd to last day there we got charged partial TOT (all but the last night) and then when it turned from pending to posted it was for the entire amount.

So….I didn’t know that the lounge area at VDH is called Discovery Den.

Members can also get free coffee and a morning treat at Top of the World Lounge (Contemporary Resort) and Reunion Station (Wilderness Lodge) from 10-11AM starting July 27th, AND at Discovery Den at The Villas at Disneyland Hotel on July 25th, August 8th, and August 22nd.

So….I didn’t know that the lounge area at VDH is called Discovery Den.

Members can also get free coffee and a morning treat at Top of the World Lounge (Contemporary Resort) and Reunion Station (Wilderness Lodge) from 10-11AM starting July 27th, AND at Discovery Den at The Villas at Disneyland Hotel on July 25th, August 8th, and August 22nd.
Note that Members have to be staying at the respective resorts if at WDW but can be staying at any Disneyland Resort hotel, which I assume includes VGC? https://dvcnews.com/dvc-program-men...ng-coffee-schedule-set-for-welcome-home-weeks

Snagged a week in a standard view. Thoughts on the Aurora vs. Tiana theme? Seems like even a preferred view doesn’t matter…if there’s no balcony I won’t be starting out the window 🤣 I think I’ll just ask for a high floor and roll the dice.

Snagged a week in a standard view. Thoughts on the Aurora vs. Tiana theme? Seems like even a preferred view doesn’t matter…if there’s no balcony I won’t be starting out the window 🤣 I think I’ll just ask for a high floor and roll the dice.
It's Sleeping Beauty (not Cinderella) and Tiana's if you are talking about a standard view studio. You could be like us and be in one that has both elements -- Tiana's area rug and everything else was sleeping beauty....lol.

The even numbered floors are Tiana, the odd numbered are Aurora. I prefer the Sleeping Beauty room, I am more of a blue/purple gal and it is my favorite movie :) Tiana room felt very orange and yellow lol

We had a preferred view studio in May at VDH. It was room 1004 and had a tiana theme. We had a great view of the fireworks from our room.

The even numbered floors are Tiana, the odd numbered are Aurora. I prefer the Sleeping Beauty room, I am more of a blue/purple gal and it is my favorite movie :) Tiana room felt very orange and yellow lol
I didn't get that color sense when I was in the Tiana-theme 1BR. I have to run my photos and double check. Did you mean the even/odd number floors' hallways have different color palates?

I didn't get that color sense when I was in the Tiana-theme 1BR. I have to run my photos and double check. Did you mean the even/odd number floors' hallways have different color palates?
We were in a studio, the couches are yellowish instead of the pretty purple they have in the one bedrooms :( The headboard also is orange, yellow and red color palette.

Our plans to wait to go back to Disneyland and stay at VDH in 2 years changed. We used the World Cup in 2026 and the Olympics in 2028 as an excuse to move our every other year stays up by a year. Just made our 11 month booking for a Duo Standard Studio for a week (only thing we could do w/our points). Looking forward to getting back sooner than we anticipated.

Hi all! I have three questions that I searched for answers for but couldn't find. I'm working on a grocery order.
1. Do the studios have the keurig machines? What kind of cups are offered if yes?
2. And i see that the fridge has a small freezer area. I'm thinking of getting frozen breakfast sandwiches. I know it'll only fit about 4 probably. Will it keep them frozen?
3 Laundry-we are not DVC owners (got upgraded from the regular resort) I assume I can just pay with a credit card?

Thank you all so much for all the info!

Hi all! I have three questions that I searched for answers for but couldn't find. I'm working on a grocery order.
1. Do the studios have the keurig machines? What kind of cups are offered if yes?
2. And i see that the fridge has a small freezer area. I'm thinking of getting frozen breakfast sandwiches. I know it'll only fit about 4 probably. Will it keep them frozen?
3 Laundry-we are not DVC owners (got upgraded from the regular resort) I assume I can just pay with a credit card?

Thank you all so much for all the info!
1) Yes -- regular (french roast I think), decaf, and tea. Don't recall how many of each. If you run out you can go to the front desk and if you get a nice CM they will get you some from their extra stash -- otherwise you can also call housekeeping.
2) Can't answer.
3) You can pay by credit card. There is a touchscreen kiosk that is finicky where you select your machine. It's possible you can also do it via their app but we didn't try.

In a dvc studio right now. The above answers are correct and to answer #2 the top part of the fridge will keep stuff "more cold" but not frozen. Regardless we've been treating it like a freezer for stuff like frozen waffles and it's been fine. That stuff is pumped with preservatives anyway.

1) Yes -- regular (french roast I think), decaf, and tea. Don't recall how many of each. If you run out you can go to the front desk and if you get a nice CM they will get you some from their extra stash -- otherwise you can also call housekeeping.
2) Can't answer.
3) You can pay by credit card. There is a touchscreen kiosk that is finicky where you select your machine. It's possible you can also do it via their app but we didn't try.
Thank you!
In a dvc studio right now. The above answers are correct and to answer #2 the top part of the fridge will keep stuff "more cold" but not frozen. Regardless we've been treating it like a freezer for stuff like frozen waffles and it's been fine. That stuff is pumped with preservatives anyway.
thank you! That's what I figured.

Can I request a Tiana themed room at check-in? Stayed in Aurora last time so would love to see the difference.

Last two experiences at DLH (and only two experiences), the check-in staff weren't that friendly so wondering best way to go about it.

Can I request a Tiana themed room at check-in? Stayed in Aurora last time so would love to see the difference.

Last two experiences at DLH (and only two experiences), the check-in staff weren't that friendly so wondering best way to go about it.
You could request an odd or even floor before check in. Odd floors are Sleeping Beauty (mostly) and Even Floors are Tiana (every deluxe studio)

Last edited:
New to this, sorry for the dumb question. Is there a proper time to make a room request? When would be considered too early or too late? TIA

New to this, sorry for the dumb question. Is there a proper time to make a room request? When would be considered too early or too late? TIA
Are you a member or are you renting? If a member you can chat / email member services at any time and they'll put a note on the request. I'm not sure how you would do it if renting.

Are you a member or are you renting? If a member you can chat / email member services at any time and they'll put a note on the request. I'm not sure how you would do it if renting.
We're members! Thanks for the info.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest