*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

Just took a leap and booked rooms at ASMo (DD's favorite) using the Sun & Fun discount. May have to cancel or change dates if a lot of pieces don't fall into place, so fingers crossed. I am hoping they add a few more early Halloween parties since that seems to reduce the daytime MK crowds (and we are morning people).

I’m really hoping we get park hours soon
And summer dates for After Hours events

Disney releases park hours roughly a week at a time 180 days out. Expect park hours for the first week of August to appear somewhere around the first week of February

:rotfl2: We *just* got updated park hours for February today. 34 days til arrival. I'm not expecting August until July.

Park hours are frequently updated around 30 days out, and are always subject to being updated again, up to, and including day of. Always gotta be on your toes!

We will be there 8/19-8/23. Staying at Pop. First time taking my baby! A little nervous about the heat, but I had to take advantage of Free Dining.

Any ideas if the new gondolas will be running by then? Or that new mickey/minnie ride?

We will be there 8/19-8/23. Staying at Pop. First time taking my baby! A little nervous about the heat, but I had to take advantage of Free Dining.

Any ideas if the new gondolas will be running by then? Or that new mickey/minnie ride?

The official opening for the gondolas is "Fall 2019," but there is chatter that there may be a soft opening earlier. I'm pretty sure Mickey/Minnie Railroad is not opening until 2020.

Very excited to jump on the August train! 8/20 - 8/26 POR :)

You've been added to the roll call

We’re booked for August again! 8/24-8/29 at the GF

You've been added to the roll call.

How exciting! You've been added to the roll call.

Last I knew, the projected opening date for the Runaway Railway is sometime in the fall of 2019, same with the Skyliner, and Galaxy's Edge is scheduled for late fall.

Our date to book dining reservations is February 8th. Anyone else decided on what they want for dining? We have the free dining plan so want to make sure we get the restaurants on our list.

Crystal Palace - supper
Akershus- breakfast
Le Cellier- supper
Trails End - supper
Sci-Fi- supper
Via Napoli - supper
Cape May Cafe- breakfast
'Ohana- supper

We'll use our Landry cards birthday rewards / pay OOP for a meal at Rainforest Cafe in Animal Kingdom. Most of our quick service meals will be at Wolfgang Puck Express in Disney Springs (we're mostly at PORS before moving to Beach Club and Polynesian) and we love taking the boat to DS from PORS. We'll also pay OOP for a meal at ESPN as my dad loves having a meal there and watching a ball game.
We've done all of these restaurants before but they're ones that my kids / DH / dad consider 'must-do'.

Anyone else started their dining plans?

Our date to book dining reservations is February 8th. Anyone else decided on what they want for dining? We have the free dining plan so want to make sure we get the restaurants on our list.

Crystal Palace - supper
Akershus- breakfast
Le Cellier- supper
Trails End - supper
Sci-Fi- supper
Via Napoli - supper
Cape May Cafe- breakfast
'Ohana- supper

We'll use our Landry cards birthday rewards / pay OOP for a meal at Rainforest Cafe in Animal Kingdom. Most of our quick service meals will be at Wolfgang Puck Express in Disney Springs (we're mostly at PORS before moving to Beach Club and Polynesian) and we love taking the boat to DS from PORS. We'll also pay OOP for a meal at ESPN as my dad loves having a meal there and watching a ball game.
We've done all of these restaurants before but they're ones that my kids / DH / dad consider 'must-do'.

We have free dining quick service at Pop before we check into the Poly. I think we’ll do Raglan Road and maybe California Grill when we’re at the Poly. The rest of the nights we’ll be hanging out and eating/drinking at the Tambu Lounge. :)

Crystal Palace - supper
Akershus- breakfast
Le Cellier- supper
Trails End - supper
Sci-Fi- supper
Via Napoli - supper
Cape May Cafe- breakfast
'Ohana- supper

We have picked out our table service wish list :) We like to eat, and will be there for 10 days in the parks, so we have a substantial list. We have done most of these before. It has been a few years since we ate at Coral Reef, and Via Napoli is new to us. We might also try either Homecomin' at Disney Springs, or The Edison, not sure about that yet though.

Rose and Crown supper
Crystal Palace breakfast
Crystal Palace supper
Coral Reef lunch
Rainforest Cafe supper
Nine Dragons supper
'Ohana supper
Tusker House lunch
Chef Mickey's breakfast
Liberty Tree Tavern supper
Via Napoli lunch
The Plaza lunch

I have 14 table service for family of 5

Snow White Character Meal dinner
TREX lunch
Garden Grill breakfast
Liberty Tree Tavern dinner
Yak & Yeti dinner
Ohana dinner
Via Napoli dinner
SCi FI lunch
Crystal Palace dinner
Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic package
Tony's parade package
Rain Forest lunch
1900 Park Fare dinner
ohana breakfast

and at 4 of those dinners either DD or I will order ala carte instead of using the plan, so that we can use the credits ar
Supercalifragilistics character breakfast at GF
Bon Voyage character breakfast

and BOG PPO counter service breakfast

Only Snow White is new for us, although it's been probably 10 years since we've done Supercalifragilistics breakfast, so I'll count that as new too.

I'm really hoping that After Hours at HS and MK is continued through the summer, on the current days of the week. Saturday for DHS and Thursday for MK. I'd like to plan one DHS and 2 MK and my meals are built around that.

I enjoy reading everyone's dinging plans. We talked about them yesterday but we were having a hard time. We're on the fence about the Storybook dining. DH doesn't care for the menu and saw a bad review on it. I have read a few pretty good reviews and want to do it. He is leaving it up to me. I'm trying to fit it in our plans but also feel like something else might fit better.

So far this is what we have:
- Crystal Palace breakfast - We've done this once and DD loved it. Pooh is her favorite
- Garden Grill PPO breakfast - My son's pick. We do this on almost every trip.
- Cape May breakfast - New to us. We've had reservations here for previous trips but always canceled them. We're staying at the BC so this is the trip it's going to happen!
- LeCellier or Yachtsman dinner - both are new to us and we've never done a signature
- Via Napoli dinner - We just get a pizza and pay out of pocket.
- 'Ohana dinner - New for the kids.
- Hollywood and Vine dinner - I want to do this if the characters are in their Halloween costumes. We've never eaten here. We just picked this yesterday.

- Possibly Storybook Dining OR we need to pick another restaurant. Rainforest Cafe is on the list and Coral Reef too. The kids like Rainforest Cafe (AK) but now that we are on the dining plan it seems like not a good value. Plus we like the QS restaurants in AK. We've never been to Coral Reef and 2 different people told me how much they enjoyed it recently. Of course the Disney Springs restaurants were brought up but we don't know if we are going to go there this trip. I would love to go to Raglan Road because my daughter would love the dancers but my picky eaters will have a hard time with the food choices.

I enjoy reading everyone's dinging plans. We talked about them yesterday but we were having a hard time. We're on the fence about the Storybook dining. DH doesn't care for the menu and saw a bad review on it. I have read a few pretty good reviews and want to do it. He is leaving it up to me. I'm trying to fit it in our plans but also feel like something else might fit better.

So far this is what we have:
- Crystal Palace breakfast - We've done this once and DD loved it. Pooh is her favorite
- Garden Grill PPO breakfast - My son's pick. We do this on almost every trip.
- Cape May breakfast - New to us. We've had reservations here for previous trips but always canceled them. We're staying at the BC so this is the trip it's going to happen!
- LeCellier or Yachtsman dinner - both are new to us and we've never done a signature
- Via Napoli dinner - We just get a pizza and pay out of pocket.
- 'Ohana dinner - New for the kids.
- Hollywood and Vine dinner - I want to do this if the characters are in their Halloween costumes. We've never eaten here. We just picked this yesterday.

- Possibly Storybook Dining OR we need to pick another restaurant. Rainforest Cafe is on the list and Coral Reef too. The kids like Rainforest Cafe (AK) but now that we are on the dining plan it seems like not a good value. Plus we like the QS restaurants in AK. We've never been to Coral Reef and 2 different people told me how much they enjoyed it recently. Of course the Disney Springs restaurants were brought up but we don't know if we are going to go there this trip. I would love to go to Raglan Road because my daughter would love the dancers but my picky eaters will have a hard time with the food choices.

I would do the Storybook dining since you're on the dining plan....and as long as it stays one credit.
The roast beef was delicious.

I would do the Storybook dining since you're on the dining plan....and as long as it stays one credit.
The roast beef was delicious.

Thank you! I was thinking the same thing about the 1 credit because once it's 2 I wouldn't want to do it. How were the characters? I don't care that much about Snow White because we've met her so many times but the dwarves and the Queen?

Crystal Palace - supper
Akershus- breakfast
Le Cellier- supper
Trails End - supper
Sci-Fi- supper
Via Napoli - supper
Cape May Cafe- breakfast
'Ohana- supper

ESPN is a place that was on our list before we decided on free dining. But we could pay for that one out of pocket. Thanks for the idea! Also a good idea is the Landry birthday rewards for Rainforest Cafe. Sam's Club used to sell discounted gift cards for RC. I haven't checked since our July trip but they had them then. It wasn't a huge discount but every little bit helps.

I've heard so many good things about Trails End but always worry about how difficult it is to get there. Do you take the Disney transportation, uber, etc?

We have free dining quick service at Pop before we check into the Poly. I think we’ll do Raglan Road and maybe California Grill when we’re at the Poly. The rest of the nights we’ll be hanging out and eating/drinking at the Tambu Lounge. :)

I would love to do CG. Maybe if we ever go without the kids or when they are a little older. The Tambu Lounge has some delicious looking drinks. It looks like a fun place to hang out!

We have picked out our table service wish list :) We like to eat, and will be there for 10 days in the parks, so we have a substantial list. We have done most of these before. It has been a few years since we ate at Coral Reef, and Via Napoli is new to us. We might also try either Homecomin' at Disney Springs, or The Edison, not sure about that yet though.

Rose and Crown supper
Crystal Palace breakfast
Crystal Palace supper
Coral Reef lunch
Rainforest Cafe supper
Nine Dragons supper
'Ohana supper
Tusker House lunch
Chef Mickey's breakfast
Liberty Tree Tavern supper
Via Napoli lunch
The Plaza lunch

Have you done Nine Dragons? Is it family style?

I have 14 table service for family of 5

Snow White Character Meal dinner
TREX lunch
Garden Grill breakfast
Liberty Tree Tavern dinner
Yak & Yeti dinner
Ohana dinner
Via Napoli dinner
SCi FI lunch
Crystal Palace dinner
Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic package
Tony's parade package
Rain Forest lunch
1900 Park Fare dinner
ohana breakfast

and at 4 of those dinners either DD or I will order ala carte instead of using the plan, so that we can use the credits ar
Supercalifragilistics character breakfast at GF
Bon Voyage character breakfast

and BOG PPO counter service breakfast

Only Snow White is new for us, although it's been probably 10 years since we've done Supercalifragilistics breakfast, so I'll count that as new too.

I'm really hoping that After Hours at HS and MK is continued through the summer, on the current days of the week. Saturday for DHS and Thursday for MK. I'd like to plan one DHS and 2 MK and my meals are built around that.

We love 1900 both for dinner and breakfast. Bon Voyage was really good too. We mentioned that one yesterday as an option but we have a lot of breakfasts already planned.

A few of you have Liberty Tree Tavern on your lists. I need to look at the menu again and see if DH can get on board so I can try the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake.

OOOH I am so ready for ADR talk. (only 44 days left!)

We are doing a "split" stay - we had booked 4 nights at ASMu through priceline, and then added an additional 4 day stay under the dining package to the front end of our trip. We also upgraded to the regular dining plan from the QS. My thought was to front-load the more expensive ADR's and QS meals during the first half of the trip, and pay OOP for the second half. So here's what we're thinking:

Leg 1 of trip (Aug 26-Aug 30)
Hoop Dee Doo Revue (still waffling on whether to use dining credits on this one)
Storybook at Artists Point
BOG Breakfast (QS credit)
Bon Voyage breakfast @ Trattoria
The other QS meals we choose will be based on which park we are in on a given day - hard to say before the crowd calendars are published.

Leg 2 of trip (Aug 31- Sept 3)
Tusker House
Garden Grill breakfast
50's Prime Time

We've never done the dining plan before so for me the hardest part is figuring out which snack credits are worthwhile. Realistically, I will probably use those to let my kids get slushies whenever they want, since we usually carry water bottles in the park and avoid buying beverages completely.

We've never done the dining plan before so for me the hardest part is figuring out which snack credits are worthwhile. Realistically, I will probably use those to let my kids get slushies whenever they want, since we usually carry water bottles in the park and avoid buying beverages completely.

I haven't done the dining plan since they changed the beverages but now you can get specialty beverages with your QS so kids can get the slushies with their meals and save the snack credits. That's what we are planning on letting my kids do. My son is a big slushie/smoothie guy so he'll be happy!

I haven't done the dining plan since they changed the beverages but now you can get specialty beverages with your QS so kids can get the slushies with their meals and save the snack credits. That's what we are planning on letting my kids do. My son is a big slushie/smoothie guy so he'll be happy!

Does that include the drinks with the light up ice cubes? My kids always BEG me for them and it'd be nice to say yes for a change :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter