*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

Thank you! I was thinking the same thing about the 1 credit because once it's 2 I wouldn't want to do it. How were the characters? I don't care that much about Snow White because we've met her so many times but the dwarves and the Queen?

The characters were okay. My kids just wanted a quick picture with each of them and they got Grumpy's autograph. The Queen has an evil backdrop. You go to meet her when you are ready to leave. She's evil. Lol. Photopass was taking pictures where the queen was.

I've heard mixed reviews in terms of pacing of the meal. Some say they waited forever, some say the meal was so quick. We had a 4:40pm reservation but we showed up a half an hour early and they happily took us in right away. It wasn't crowded at all the first hour. Our appetizers, meal and dessert showed up pretty quickly. We were done within an hour. I think maybe the later you go, the slower the service.

I would love to do CG. Maybe if we ever go without the kids or when they are a little older. The Tambu Lounge has some delicious looking drinks. It looks like a fun place to hang out!
We did CG last year for the first time. We didn't have the ddp so we only ordered pizza and dessert. Loved it!!
The drinks at Tambu are amazing, but we go for the reasonably priced appetizers and of course, bread pudding!!

Does that include the drinks with the light up ice cubes? My kids always BEG me for them and it'd be nice to say yes for a change :)

I don't think it does but I'm going to try to find out more information. I also want to find out which alcoholic beverages are included with the meal plan. If I find anything out, I'll let you know.

The characters were okay. My kids just wanted a quick picture with each of them and they got Grumpy's autograph. The Queen has an evil backdrop. You go to meet her when you are ready to leave. She's evil. Lol. Photopass was taking pictures where the queen was.

I've heard mixed reviews in terms of pacing of the meal. Some say they waited forever, some say the meal was so quick. We had a 4:40pm reservation but we showed up a half an hour early and they happily took us in right away. It wasn't crowded at all the first hour. Our appetizers, meal and dessert showed up pretty quickly. We were done within an hour. I think maybe the later you go, the slower the service.

Thank you for the information. I'll definitely keep the pacing of the meal in mind. We thought about doing it before the Halloween party but that would eat up too much time.

ESPN is a place that was on our list before we decided on free dining. But we could pay for that one out of pocket. Thanks for the idea! Also a good idea is the Landry birthday rewards for Rainforest Cafe. Sam's Club used to sell discounted gift cards for RC. I haven't checked since our July trip but they had them then. It wasn't a huge discount but every little bit helps.

I've heard so many good things about Trails End but always worry about how difficult it is to get there. Do you take the Disney transportation, uber, etc?

I would love to do CG. Maybe if we ever go without the kids or when they are a little older. The Tambu Lounge has some delicious looking drinks. It looks like a fun place to hang out!

Have you done Nine Dragons? Is it family style?

We love 1900 both for dinner and breakfast. Bon Voyage was really good too. We mentioned that one yesterday as an option but we have a lot of breakfasts already planned.

A few of you have Liberty Tree Tavern on your lists. I need to look at the menu again and see if DH can get on board so I can try the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake.

We have done Nine Dragons. It is not family style, you order from a menu. I enjoyed the orange chicken there quite a bit.

We've never done 1900 for dinner, but have had breakfast there a few times, and enjoyed it.

Liberty Tree Tavern supper is Thanksgiving Dinner. It starts with salad, and bread, then turkey, roast beef, pork, mac n cheese, mashed potatoes, gravy, vegetables, stuffing and cranberry sauce, and finishes up with vanilla toffee cake with caramel sauce, and ice cream.

Lunch you have the choice of having ala carte, or the all you care to eat family style Thanksgiving Dinner.

Please add me! We have the free dining plan for Aug 3-10, 2019! We will be staying at Pop century and are 2 adults one Disney adult and 1 child.
The ADR's I know we want are:
Crystal Palace dinner
BOG breakfast
1900 PF breakfast
Akershus
Garden Grill
Ohana breakfast
Chef Mickeys
Hollywood and Vine
Obviously these are all character dining which my children love but I wouldn't mind adding Liberty Tree or 50's prime-we'll see.
Were excited!

Please add me! We have the free dining plan for Aug 3-10, 2019! We will be staying at Pop century and are 2 adults one Disney adult and 1 child.
Crystal Palace dinner
BOG breakfast
1900 PF breakfast
Akershus
Garden Grill
Ohana breakfast
Chef Mickeys
Hollywood and Vine
Obviously these are all character dining which my children love but I wouldn't mind adding Liberty Tree or 50's prime-we'll see.
Were excited!

Are you doing the H&V breakfast with Disney Junior characters, or the seasonal dine? I only ask because if it's lunch or dinner, definitely take a good look at the menu before booking - it's very hit or miss especially for the kids.

We will be there 8/19-8/23. Staying at Pop. First time taking my baby! A little nervous about the heat, but I had to take advantage of Free Dining.

Any ideas if the new gondolas will be running by then? Or that new mickey/minnie ride?

How old is your baby? We just took our almost 5 month old back in early September so I have tips! haha.

We have picked out our table service wish list :) We like to eat, and will be there for 10 days in the parks, so we have a substantial list. We have done most of these before. It has been a few years since we ate at Coral Reef, and Via Napoli is new to us. We might also try either Homecomin' at Disney Springs, or The Edison, not sure about that yet though.

Rose and Crown supper
Crystal Palace breakfast
Crystal Palace supper
Coral Reef lunch
Rainforest Cafe supper
Nine Dragons supper
'Ohana supper
Tusker House lunch
Chef Mickey's breakfast
Liberty Tree Tavern supper
Via Napoli lunch
The Plaza lunch

Art Smith's Homecomin is a must must must IMO. We go every single trip.

First time booking a bunch of ADRs because usually I am lazy and we would play a lot by ear (pun intended) when it used to be just me and DW. But with the larger group this time (and DS being about 16 months old this trip) I thought it was a good idea to do a few but not too much that I overload my parents and in-laws:

Beaches and Cream Dinner
Yak and Yeti Dinner (we might end up just eating at Flame Tree BBQ but i am going to make this for now just in case)
California Grill Brunch (trying to figure this one out but I don't know if we can pull it off this trip)
Plaza Lunch
Cape May Breakfast
Ohana Dinner
Art Smith Dinner (or possibly Brunch our last day)
Tusker House Breakfast

and then DW and I are trying to decide what to do on our last "date night" of the trip. Currently want to do either Yachtsman, Jaleo (assuming it will be open by then), or Wine Bar George. I will probably try to book them all under different names and then just cancel once we decide (although we may just head over to Trader Sam's instead so who knows!)

Hrmmm... dining. We're having some scheduling issues with our Feb plans (actually our friends are, not us) - so we'll either book Bon Voyage or Storybook, whichever one we don't end up doing in Feb. Maybe 'Ohana breakfast if we don't do Bon Voyage. CG sounds like a good idea - and it would give us a chance to finally check out Top of the World Lounge. Again, all hinges on current plans - I'd like to do the HEA terrace dessert party one of the times. Basically one night MK-based and the other should be Epcot, plus the DIS party & *fingerscrossed* MM both at AK.

@dnllmz
We tried Trails End for the first time in 2017 (after 12 trips we finally tried it) and now it's the first one on my DD's must do list (I will say my girls are 17 and 19 so not little ones). We cab from PORS to the main entrance of Fort Wilderness (cheap ride from PORS) then take internal bus to Trails End (easy to take internal bus- just get on and ask driver when to get off for the restaurant). We enjoy the boat ride to the MK after. We always make a 4:30pm reservation when it opens so there's no wait and we head to the MK after our meal. Not a huge variety of food, but it's all so good!
LTT- we did it for the first time last year and loved the ooey gooey toffee cake. I'd love to do it again this year but it doesn't fit in our plans (I can't give up Crystal Palace at the MK for it because CP was our first ever character meal and has a lot of nostalgia for us)
We haven't done Bon Voyage breakfast but we like Cape May Cafe breakfast when we stay at Beach Club- have you done both? I see you've done Bon Voyage. Which do you prefer? My girls are older teens but still enjoy character meals. Is Bon Voyage a lot of fun? Looked at their menu and youngest DD is a vegetarian and everything has meat with it - maybe she can just order pancakes.

@dnllmz
We tried Trails End for the first time in 2017 (after 12 trips we finally tried it) and now it's the first one on my DD's must do list (I will say my girls are 17 and 19 so not little ones). We cab from PORS to the main entrance of Fort Wilderness (cheap ride from PORS) then take internal bus to Trails End (easy to take internal bus- just get on and ask driver when to get off for the restaurant). We enjoy the boat ride to the MK after. We always make a 4:30pm reservation when it opens so there's no wait and we head to the MK after our meal. Not a huge variety of food, but it's all so good!
LTT- we did it for the first time last year and loved the ooey gooey toffee cake. I'd love to do it again this year but it doesn't fit in our plans (I can't give up Crystal Palace at the MK for it because CP was our first ever character meal and has a lot of nostalgia for us)
We haven't done Bon Voyage breakfast but we like Cape May Cafe breakfast when we stay at Beach Club- have you done both? I see you've done Bon Voyage. Which do you prefer? My girls are older teens but still enjoy character meals. Is Bon Voyage a lot of fun? Looked at their menu and youngest DD is a vegetarian and everything has meat with it - maybe she can just order pancakes.

We haven’t done Cape May breakfast. We’ve done dinner which was good but no characters. Bon Voyage was fun. Flynn Rider was very playful & he was flirting with Rapunzel. Ariel was good too. They also had a little vacation journal on the table that you filled out with your favorite moments from your trip. I enjoyed filling it out with the kids.

I just checked out Trail’s End’s menu. It looks good. My son really likes ribs. I’m putting it on the list.

LTT would work for lunch if we can work it into plans.

How old is your baby? We just took our almost 5 month old back in early September so I have tips! haha.

She's 5 months now and will be 13 months when we go! I'm so excited! I also have a 5yo so I was considering renting one of those keenz stroller wagons. Also plan on utilizing the baby care centers when we need a break. Any tips are appreciated!

Crystal Palace dinner
BOG breakfast
1900 PF breakfast
Akershus
Garden Grill
Ohana breakfast
Chef Mickeys
Hollywood and Vine
Were excited!

You've been added.

Art Smith's Homecomin is a must must must IMO. We go every single trip.

I have read and hear a lot of good about it. Very likely we will try it this trip.

Just a heads up August people.....Halloween tickets are on sale! :hmghost:
Wow! I'm so excited this has worked out for us. There is actually going to be a party on August 16th (when we are at the Poly). This will be convenient. Does the first party usually sell out? How early should I buy tickets? Just paid for our BC and Poly stay this month, so want to wait till mid February to buy tickets. That should be ok? Thanks for posting the info on the party tickets. I didn't think it usually came out this early. Excited for our very first MNSSHP!

We are officially booked with a split stay! YC from 8/17-8/21 then GF from 8/21-8/26. It was tough this year because prices are much higher than our last couple August trips with the deal we use! I am paying more than the last few years, yikes!

I am excited to stay at 2 resorts with walk ability, we do love that!

I’m still hoping for a better AP price in the coming months and may switch around but for now this is our plan.

Wow! I'm so excited this has worked out for us. There is actually going to be a party on August 16th (when we are at the Poly). This will be convenient. Does the first party usually sell out? How early should I buy tickets? Just paid for our BC and Poly stay this month, so want to wait till mid February to buy tickets. That should be ok? Thanks for posting the info on the party tickets. I didn't think it usually came out this early. Excited for our very first MNSSHP!
The first party last year sold out the day of the party, so you should be fine. Now if they would just announce the food and wine dates, I could firm up my own plans. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter