*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

That does stink that they are charging a premium for it. But it is a better deal than the dessert parties imo. I'd rather pay for a meal than dessert. Although I'd rather of gotten that meal $50 cheaper.

Honestly, Disney is really getting out of hand with the upcharges. I know that people are willing to pay for them and they are business looking to make money. It's really just starting to irk me. I'm also nervous about what's going to happen when Star Wars Land opens. I feel like that is going to drive prices up for EVERYTHING. I told DH that I want to take a couple years off from Disney after the August trip. Of course he responded with "Nah, maybe one year". lol
I prefer to see these upcharge kind of things as opposed to across the board price hikes. As I said above, IF there is some flexibility in the menu, there is a fair chance that I'll spring for this.

Typically, a meal at Rose and Crown would set us back (assuming just me, the wife, and the son) somewhere around $125 - $150, plus tip, so putting us closer to $175. This package would be quite a bit more expensive at $255. It is something we will have to think about.

I prefer to see these upcharge kind of things as opposed to across the board price hikes.

Good point!

Anyone have thoughts on LeCellier vs Yachtsman? We have never done a signature at Disney. My 6yo loves steak so I think one of these would be perfect and something the adults can enjoy instead of our usual character dining.

We've done LeCellier, but not Yachtsman, so we can't really compare the two. My son and I enjoyed LeCellier, my wife doesn't like steak. She had some kind of chicken, and said she didn't really enjoy it, however, I think she was predisposed to not enjoying it simply because of the pricing (even though we were on dining plan, and at the time it was a one credit meal), and so her review might not be a good gauge of the restaurant. My son and I would both eat there again.

You have been added to the roll call . . what resort?

I was going to say something witty about seeing you at 'Ohana, but alas, it is not to be, as we are leaving on the 20th.

Whoops- forgot to add the resort: The Villas at The Grand Floridian (DVC member here), but we are hoping to get the Poly when our 7 month window opens up.

Just came across this thread and want to follow along. Never been to Disney in the summer months, only end of Sept-Oct, or May. We booked YC as a bounce back from our Oct trip at GF. Slightly concerned how bad the heat will be although it was pretty hot and humid our last trip and we always take a mid day break from the parks regardless.

Just came across this thread and want to follow along. Never been to Disney in the summer months, only end of Sept-Oct, or May. We booked YC as a bounce back from our Oct trip at GF. Slightly concerned how bad the heat will be although it was pretty hot and humid our last trip and we always take a mid day break from the parks regardless.
Welcome aboard. If you tell us what dates you will be there, we will add you to the roll call at the beginning of the thread.

I would expect August to be a bit hotter than the end of September, but it is manageable. You will have a great time, regardless of the heat.

Welcome aboard. If you tell us what dates you will be there, we will add you to the roll call at the beginning of the thread.

I would expect August to be a bit hotter than the end of September, but it is manageable. You will have a great time, regardless of the heat.

Thank you we will be there August 22-28!

We're officially booked! Finally! August 23rd-August 31st at the Beach Club.

Now we need to decide if we should fly in the night before but I'm waiting for the Southwest flights to come out before we decide.

Thank you we will be there August 22-28!

You have been added to the roll call, just give a holler and let me know if anything changes.

Now we need to decide if we should fly in the night before but I'm waiting for the Southwest flights to come out before we decide.

You are added to the roll call.

Hmm . . . should we go a day early? Is that even a question lol. The year before last we decided to go down a day early basically a week before our trip, when my wife got her hours for the week we were leaving, and they had given her the day before our trip off. This year, we decided to fly, not quite the same, but it does free up two full days for us to spend there instead of on the road, so kind of the same. My thoughts, always go for the extra day if you can :)

Booked Yachtclub for 8/6-14. Looking forward to the pool in the August heat.

Not sure if we will stay that length as we are waiting for flights to be released, but figured it's better to have the free dining booked and shorten later if needed. FD saved us about $900 spread over 2 rooms.

Booked Yachtclub for 8/6-14. Looking forward to the pool in the August heat.

Not sure if we will stay that length as we are waiting for flights to be released, but figured it's better to have the free dining booked and shorten later if needed. FD saved us about $900 spread over 2 rooms.
Added you to the roll call, just give a holler if anything changes.

Hmm . . . should we go a day early? Is that even a question lol. The year before last we decided to go down a day early basically a week before our trip, when my wife got her hours for the week we were leaving, and they had given her the day before our trip off. This year, we decided to fly, not quite the same, but it does free up two full days for us to spend there instead of on the road, so kind of the same. My thoughts, always go for the extra day if you can :)

Haha you're right. We're totally going to go a day early. Who am I kidding?!

We've been booked for quite awhile (bounceback last August) but are waiting for flight too. We drive to Buffalo (about 4.5 hours but totally worth it to fly Southwest for decent prices). We pick the cheapest flights (last night a day early or super early on the day we've planned to go). This year we have a great price on a park and fly hotel so will likely drive to Buffalo a day early, stay overnight in hotel and try to get the earliest possible flight the next morning. Fingers crossed we get good times and prices with Southwest!

A while back, siren0119 made mention of the possibilities of meeting some of the other members here in the parks. I had kind of made a half hearted attempt last year to suggest some kind of meet up, but nothing ever came of it. I'm going to make an attempt again this year.

I have created a google spread sheet. It should be editable by anyone with a link to it. Anyone who might be interested in the possibility of meeting other August DIS folks in the parks can feel free to fill in their park days in the spread sheet. That will give us all the opportunity to see when there might be significant groups of us in the same park.

The document is HERE

Feel free to add your information.

For those worrying about going in the heat, I have mostly visited in the end of August/beginning of September, and while it is brutally hot most days, as long as you keep hydrated (get those free cups of ice water from the kiosks and counter services) and sun screened you will have your normal wonderful time. Especially since this year I have a feeling these last couple months before Galaxy's edge might be a bit slow as people save their trips until the end of the year.

Last edited:
For those worrying about going in the heat, I have mostly visited in the end of August/beginning of September, and while it is brutally hot most days, as long as you keep hydrated (get those free cups of ice water from the kiosks and counter services) and sun screened you will have your normal wonderful time. Especially since this year I have a feeling these last couple months before Galaxy's edge might be a bit slow as people save their trips until the end of the year.
You are absolutely right about the heat. I am not a hot weather lover, and I manage just fine in the August heat. Plenty of water, sun screen, and I do wear a hat to protect my head from the sun.

I also suspect you are spot on about it being a bit quieter this summer, hence the free dining offer that is valid from July 5th through the entire summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter