*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

Man I really want to go... but is it truly worth an extra $250???? YIKES

We go for the fun Halloween atmosphere. We love to see people dress up and go all out. My husband goes for the candy. Yep. He loves to trick or treat. I love the parades and Hallowishes. :)

I think if you go for short ride wait times, or character meet and greets, you may be disappointed. Those lines can suck the life out of you. We go knowing it might be packed, and it might be rainy, but we think the crowds bring on the party vibe. :banana: Well, at least that's what we tell ourselves. Lol.

We are officially booked with a split stay! YC from 8/17-8/21 then GF from 8/21-8/26. It was tough this year because prices are much higher than our last couple August trips with the deal we use! I am paying more than the last few years, yikes!

I am excited to stay at 2 resorts with walk ability, we do love that!

I’m still hoping for a better AP price in the coming months and may switch around but for now this is our plan.

Yep, me too. Im booked with the deal at the Poly, but man those prices. :eek:
Sticker shock for me, but I'll probably get over it.

Wow! I'm so excited this has worked out for us. There is actually going to be a party on August 16th (when we are at the Poly). This will be convenient. Does the first party usually sell out? How early should I buy tickets? Just paid for our BC and Poly stay this month, so want to wait till mid February to buy tickets. That should be ok? Thanks for posting the info on the party tickets. I didn't think it usually came out this early. Excited for our very first MNSSHP!

Two years ago we monorailed to the MK from the Poly and took the boat back, it was awesome and so quick and convenient! It's really fun to watch Hallowishes from the Poly beach too, if you don't go to the party. :)

Man I really want to go... but is it truly worth an extra $250???? YIKES
I’m with you on that! We will be there for the first party on 8/16. Last year when we were there for the first party on 8/17 my daughter really wanted to stay and she asked this year if we can go! We did it for the first time the year before last, and I think it was enough for me. I felt it the same vibe as a regular park day, with the exception of some trick or treat stands and some meet and greets. We can watch Hallowishes from top of the world at BLT. I can’t justify spending the $$$. Now to convince my child of that...LOL.

I’m with you on that! We will be there for the first party on 8/16. Last year when we were there for the first party on 8/17 my daughter really wanted to stay and she asked this year if we can go! We did it for the first time the year before last, and I think it was enough for me. I felt it the same vibe as a regular park day, with the exception of some trick or treat stands and some meet and greets. We can watch Hallowishes from top of the world at BLT. I can’t justify spending the $$$. Now to convince my child of that...LOL.
We went last year, first time in quite a few years for us. It was a lot more crowded than I remember from years past, but that is true overall for Disney World. The live actors in Pirates were awesome. I was shooting video with my cell phone, and as we passed under on, he pointed to me and exclaimed "that had better not be for a wanted poster" or something to that general effect. It was awesome.

We will very likely go to the first party this year, as that is the only one while we are there. I go for the atmosphere, the Hallowishes fireworks, and the parade, all of which are amazing. Just gotta wait now to see if / what days AP discounts might be available.

So, I am already in the September group because most of our trip is that month, but we do have 3 days in August, so can I join this one, too?? I see a couple people from that group are on both...

8/29-9/7 at POP. Just DH and I with free QSDP. Can't wait!

The first party last year sold out the day of the party, so you should be fine. Now if they would just announce the food and wine dates, I could firm up my own plans. :)

Yes! This! hahaha, although I am kind of torn because food and wine means heavier crowds in Epcot but its so hard to turn down!

August 30th
We went last year on the 30th and 31st before heading home.

We leave the 30th would love for it to open then and not much earlier.... planning a surprise trip for DH in October for F&W, don’t want him to get to much food and wine in before then!

So, I am already in the September group because most of our trip is that month, but we do have 3 days in August, so can I join this one, too?? I see a couple people from that group are on both...

8/29-9/7 at POP. Just DH and I with free QSDP. Can't wait!

Of course you are welcome here!

Who wants to critique my plans!!!

All subject to change so give all the feedback!

August 23-30, 6 adults 3 kids (5,5,7) one infant, staying at the Yatch club.

Arrival day, hoping to land around 2- pool maybe head to epcot and try to grab an ADR. Book FP for epcot, if we skip them that’s fine

Day 1 24th - AK try to be there around 8, do safari, lion king, some trails, lunch at tusker House around 11 maybe a few more rides/shows head back to the hotel by 2. Pool relax maybe head to epcot maybe not. FP for safari, Navi river ride (assuming we can get it) Lion King

Day 2 25th - EMM at MK, up and out of the hotel by 7 the latest take Minnie Vans to MK. Breakfast around 930, FP for Speedway, space mountain (maybe), barnstormer. Head out by 1,2 the latest. Pool relax Artist point dinner 6pm (probably take Minnie Vans again), if up for it some people may go back to MK (see fireworks)

Day 3 26th - water park, try to be there around 10am. Stay till be are tired 2/3/4? Head back to the hotel shower change maybe hit up epcot, will book FP but if we miss them no big deal (waiting to see if Ralph has FP for meet), try to see illuminations or whatever show is going on.

Day 4 27th - option one, BBB early 8am and CRT around 10:30/11? FP princess meets and enchanted tails with belle hang out at MK till we are done. Relax at hotel Epcot for dinner
Option two pool in the morning and get FP for flight of passage in the afternoon and head back to AK

Day 5 28th - EMM HS hit up toy story rides then breakfast some shows and head back to the hotel when ready. Epcot for dinner maybe Rose and crown or other? Suggestions? (Not the Princess meal or garden grill). Will probably use FP at Epcot but maybe HS for tower of terror and such.

Day 6 29th - depends what we do on day 4 if we did BBB we will FP FoP for early afternoon and maybe pool in the morning. Spend afternoon and AK. If we did AK on day 4 we will relax at the hotel maybe do the pool then early afternoon BBB 3? Then dinner at CRT at 5/530. Hang out at MK till when ever, same FP for the MK day.

Day 7 30th departure day shed all the tears, Cape May breakfast head to airport.

Thoughts? All the opinions welcome!

We leave the 30th would love for it to open then and not much earlier.... planning a surprise trip for DH in October for F&W, don’t want him to get to much food and wine in before then!
If it opens earlier and you don't want him to eat from the booths, don't tell him food and wine has started, just tell him the people lined up at the booths are applying for jobs. :p

Day 5 28th - EMM HS hit up toy story rides then breakfast some shows and head back to the hotel when ready. Epcot for dinner maybe Rose and crown or other? Suggestions? (Not the Princess meal or garden grill). Will probably use FP at Epcot but maybe HS for tower of terror and such.

Via Napoli and Biergarten are my go to restaurants at Epcot. They've never let me down, plus I find that they're easy to get into last minute.

Via Napoli and Biergarten are my go to restaurants at Epcot. They've never let me down, plus I find that they're easy to get into last minute.

I’m worried Biergarten may be to heavy for August?

And we don’t go to Via Napoli, it’s owned by the same company that owns the place we go to here regularly. Menu is the same with less choices, so we tend to want to do something different, but it’s a good back up.

Whats everyone's opinion on Tusker House for Breakfast? I am hearing very mixed reviews but I think it might be the best place for breakfast at AK no?

Just booked our August Trip, August 19-27 staying at Caribbean Beach. It will be my 11 year old son and me. The babies are staying home. Don't think I could do a 1 year old, 2 year old and 11 year old by myself.

I was happy to see the Halloween party sales announcement today. We are planning on going but I'm in no hurry to buy the tickets. I'm just glad to have the dates set for planning purposes.

Now if they would just announce the food and wine dates, I could firm up my own plans. :)

I'm hoping they announce dates soon too. I've noticed that the last 2 years it started on a Thursday so I'm hoping for 8/29 or earlier.

I was shooting video with my cell phone, and as we passed under on, he pointed to me and exclaimed "that had better not be for a wanted poster" or something to that general effect. It was awesome.

That's a great moment!

waiting to see if Ralph has FP for meet)

Oh I missed that he was having a meet and greet. I'll have to check this out. You have a pretty solid set of plans already. Have you done BBB before? My daughter did it on the cruise and it was my favorite moment of our vacation. She loved it and you could tell she really felt like a princess. She's 6 years old and all of the younger girls that saw her walking around really thought she was Belle. A mom even asked her to take a picture with her 3yo because the 3yo wanted to take a picture with little Belle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter