Spring Break vs Memorial Day

kikismom

DIS Veteran
I am heading back to Disneyland next spring with my daughter, a friend and her daughters. We were set on spring break even though I vowed to never do it again but I'm already pulling my daughter for another trip next school year and I'm trying to not have her miss quite so much. Well their spring break is now a different week than ours so we are trying to figure out a time where we can go with each of our kids missing just partial weeks. We also are kicking around Memorial Day weekend.

I know spring breaks are awful, I've been there and I still can't believe I agreed to go. 😁 But what about Memorial Day weekend? I searched the threads and it doesn't seem to be talked about much. Did anyone go the last few years? If so how was it? We are experienced parkgoers and don't have to do everything. We also will likely not rope drop except for one day. Our dates we are kicking around are:
April 2-6 Wednesday to Sunday
April 9-13 Wednesday to Sunday
We could also change it to a Saturday to Wednesday within the April weeks.
May 22-26 or the 23-27 Thursday to Monday or Friday to Tuesday

Thanks for help! We want to book soon so she can use timeshare points.

I see there is a link when I typed Disneyland I'm not sure how that got in there but if I need to take it out mods please let me know.

Thanks to you both. I am leaning toward Memorial Day myself just because I feel like there was a reason I vowed to never go spring break again with the caveat unless it was a totally free trip. It's just been a bit since that spring break trip so the trauma is fading.😁

Plus holy moly I forget how expensive flights are those first few weeks of April out of Seattle. I'm sure Memorial Day is expensive too but one of the flights we looked at from SEA to SNA was $600 per person round trip for our times we want to fly.

Thanks to you both. I am leaning toward Memorial Day myself just because I feel like there was a reason I vowed to never go spring break again with the caveat unless it was a totally free trip. It's just been a bit since that spring break trip so the trauma is fading.😁

Plus holy moly I forget how expensive flights are those first few weeks of April out of Seattle. I'm sure Memorial Day is expensive too but one of the flights we looked at from SEA to SNA was $600 per person round trip for our times we want to fly.
Not sure your preferred airline..

But for southwest I noticed Memorial Day weekend flights started a bit high and then really went up and down until about a week before where they skyrocketed . I booked my flight initially and then when they went down I was able to get flight credits.

Not sure your preferred airline..

But for southwest I noticed Memorial Day weekend flights started a bit high and then really went up and down until about a week before where they skyrocketed . I booked my flight initially and then when they went down I was able to get flight credits.

We normally fly Delta but our friends always fly Alaska so we'll most likely fly that as well if we can find flights with similar enough airport arrival times.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest