***Official Planning Thread -DECEMBER 2024 - Welcome all!***

I don't think we will be able to do the extended evening hours for the first week of our trip as trip starts Tuesday and we will be at Christmas Party on Thursday which will be the other night that week. We will be able to take advantage of it on the next Monday if they have it.

We have two parties, so I'm not losing any sleep over it! 😂

Our ADR Day is 2 weeks from Friday! It's my granddaughter's first trip so it's character meal central over here. lol

Crystal Palace Breakfast
Garden Grill Breakfast (hoping for a Candlelight Processional package, depending on the narrator)
Hollywood & Vine Breakfast & Mama Melrose Dinner (hoping for a Fantasmic package for one of these)
Tusker House Breakfast
I would add Topolinos and 1900 park fare. Also except for Topolinos (characters only at breakfast) we prefer heavy dinners esp. if anyone is riding coasters. Ohana has Lilo and Stitch at breakfast.

I don't think we will be able to do the extended evening hours for the first week of our trip as trip starts Tuesday and we will be at Christmas Party on Thursday which will be the other night that week. We will be able to take advantage of it on the next Monday if they have it.

We have two parties, so I'm not losing any sleep over it! 😂
I was still debating if the extended evenings were worth it as well (wouldn’t save much AOA Nemo vs Poly deluxe suite on the free dining-would upgrade dining plan with value) Epcot is maybe on a Mon; AK I’m hoping would be the Thur or Fri after Christmas. Right now we have to rethink park days and do have park hoppers. Still some things will have to be fixed like 12/30 MK.

We just booked Mears transportation yesterday and the airline keeps making flight changes (check out day 6 pm flight changed to 1:30).

Which park do you guys prefer on Christmas Day? Our 2nd MK day will be NYEE on 12/30 and check out 12/31.

I was still debating if the extended evenings were worth it as well (wouldn’t save much AOA Nemo vs Poly deluxe suite on the free dining-would upgrade dining plan with value) Epcot is maybe on a Mon; AK I’m hoping would be the Thur or Fri after Christmas. Right now we have to rethink park days and do have park hoppers. Still some things will have to be fixed like 12/30 MK.

We just booked Mears transportation yesterday and the airline keeps making flight changes (check out day 6 pm flight changed to 1:30).

Which park do you guys prefer on Christmas Day? Our 2nd MK day will be NYEE on 12/30 and check out 12/31.

If you can afford it I'd still stay at Poly vs AOA! Love that area.

We be at Disney 12/8-12/14 in a split stay. On Friday (12/13), we will be going to Epcot.

Does anyone have an updated prediction when the candlelight processional dinner reservations will start? I was wondering what people thought about Coral Reef. We haven't eaten there yet. We last went to Disney over Christmas two years ago and it wasn't easy to get candlelight reservations. It would be good to have some good options.

Also, when do you think that they will have the Epcot schedule of entertainment posted? We especially liked the singers in the USA area and the band in Canada. I enjoy planning out things or at least knowing when/what is offered. At Christmas, there are quite a few "extra" offerings that can be easily missed.

We be at Disney 12/8-12/14 in a split stay. On Friday (12/13), we will be going to Epcot.

Does anyone have an updated prediction when the candlelight processional dinner reservations will start? I was wondering what people thought about Coral Reef. We haven't eaten there yet. We last went to Disney over Christmas two years ago and it wasn't easy to get candlelight reservations. It would be good to have some good options.

Also, when do you think that they will have the Epcot schedule of entertainment posted? We especially liked the singers in the USA area and the band in Canada. I enjoy planning out things or at least knowing when/what is offered. At Christmas, there are quite a few "extra" offerings that can be easily missed.

It was a long time ago that I tried it once, but I really did not enjoy coral reef and would not go back. With that said, it’s been so many years that it may have improved by now.

They should be announcing the candlelight processional soon, but honestly I’m better off with them not announcing anything until my booking window starts. Hoping I can squeeze by two more weeks of silence!

I only have a 60+2 booking window for the friday of our trip since we have a split stay. But, I still would be better off if they wait a couple of more weeks too on the candlelight processional dining reservations.

Welcome! I added you to the list.

I will be there on a solo trip December 13-15, staying at All Star Sports on a room discount as I have used all my current DVC points. I am not renewing my AP after having 4 trips on the recently expired AP, so have bought 1 day base ticket for Epcot and the MVMCP ticket (with an UT discount). It will be my first time going to the MVMCP and a little sad that that the family will not be joining me, but I’m sure that it will be a great time.

Current plan:

Friday: Arrive and go to MVMCP
Saturday: Go to Epcot for Festival
Of the Holidays and Candlelight processional (hoping for John Stamos or Brendan Fraser), leaving early to go to Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll
Sunday: Look at the Christmas decorations at some of the resorts/Leave :(

I will be there on a solo trip December 13-15, staying at All Star Sports on a room discount as I have used all my current DVC points. I am not renewing my AP after having 4 trips on the recently expired AP, so have bought 1 day base ticket for Epcot and the MVMCP ticket (with an UT discount). It will be my first time going to the MVMCP and a little sad that that the family will not be joining me, but I’m sure that it will be a great time.

Current plan:

Friday: Arrive and go to MVMCP
Saturday: Go to Epcot for Festival
Of the Holidays and Candlelight processional (hoping for John Stamos or Brendan Fraser), leaving early to go to Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll
Sunday: Look at the Christmas decorations at some of the resorts/Leave :(

Welcome! You are on the list.

I was reading on another site, last year the CP released narrators on Oct. 5 and on Oct. 17 the booking for ressies started.

I also saw the ExEH released for November. Starting on Nov. 4 and every Monday after that it had Epcot 9-11:00 pm. On Nov. 6 - every Wednesday- AK from 6:00-8:00 pm.

Will that same schedule continue through December?

If so, I need to make some changes.....Dining ressies coming up and I'm not sure the ExEH will be out for December by then.

Another question: "If you have a Disney Park Pass for AK, you need to check into that Park before you can Hop to the Park with ExEH.

Let's say I'm going to HS that day and hop to AK for EXEH. Do I need to check into AK earlier in the day before I can hop to AK? I just want to make sure I understand.

Getting excited!!! Thank you!!

I was reading on another site, last year the CP released narrators on Oct. 5 and on Oct. 17 the booking for ressies started.

I also saw the ExEH released for November. Starting on Nov. 4 and every Monday after that it had Epcot 9-11:00 pm. On Nov. 6 - every Wednesday- AK from 6:00-8:00 pm.

Will that same schedule continue through December?

If so, I need to make some changes.....Dining ressies coming up and I'm not sure the ExEH will be out for December by then.

Another question: "If you have a Disney Park Pass for AK, you need to check into that Park before you can Hop to the Park with ExEH.

Let's say I'm going to HS that day and hop to AK for EXEH. Do I need to check into AK earlier in the day before I can hop to AK? I just want to make sure I understand.

Getting excited!!! Thank you!!

I don't think any EEH for deluxe were on Wednesdays in December last year, maybe the first week? They are usually on Mondays and then on the Thursday the party is on. At least that's how it was.
And it was a lot of the time just both nights at Epcot in December.

Here are dates from last year:

November 22, 2023Disney’s Animal Kingdom (7pm to 9pm)
November 27, 2023EPCOT (9:30pm to 11:30pm)
November 30, 2023EPCOT (9:30pm to 11:30pm)
December 4, 2023Disney’s Animal Kingdom (7pm to 9pm)
December 7, 2023EPCOT (9:30pm to 11:30pm)
December 14, 2023EPCOT (9:30pm to 11:30pm)
December 18, 2023EPCOT (9:30pm to 11:30pm)
December 21, 2023EPCOT (9:30pm to 11:30pm)
December 25, 2023EPCOT (9:30pm to 11:30pm)
December 28, 2023Disney’s Animal Kingdom (7pm to 9pm)
January 1, 2024EPCOT (9pm to 11pm)
January 3, 2024Magic Kingdom (9pm to 11pm)

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest