Snow White Upcoming Live Action Movie

I thought Aladdin gave Jasmine more depth. Also, carpet was a more fully realized character. I like that the Genie had a romantic subplot. I was strangely okay with the movie ripping off Hitch. It worked.
I thought Aladdin was terrible but there are others that I felt are worse such as Mulan and Lion King.

Coming back to Snow White, the trailer looks terrible with the CGI. But I kind of expected that given the track record of other remakes.

When I first heard about this a few years ago & the changes they intended to do, I was not a fan. I got the reasons behind the changes, but preferred the original story line.
Now that they have changed the story line back to the original I am looking forward to watching this movie. Just this morning I watched the trailer & can see it looks close to the original story.

See, for me, I'd rather it have been wildly different from the original. I don't get thise shot-for-shot remakes or retelling the same exact story. I like when they mix it up, like with Maleficent, Dumbo, or Cruella. Even Mulan is different enough in tone and structure, though it is the same story. With the ones liek Beauty and the Beast, why would I ever watch the live action one over teh original masterpeice? I wouldn't. That's just me though - obviously the most popular ones are hte ones that stay very close to the originals, so I get it.

See, for me, I'd rather it have been wildly different from the original. I don't get thise shot-for-shot remakes or retelling the same exact story. I like when they mix it up, like with Maleficent, Dumbo, or Cruella. Even Mulan is different enough in tone and structure, though it is the same story. With the ones liek Beauty and the Beast, why would I ever watch the live action one over teh original masterpeice? I wouldn't. That's just me though - obviously the most popular ones are hte ones that stay very close to the originals, so I get it.
Don't get me wrong I do enjoy it when they change it up, but the original concept of the story they were going to make was way off the original film. Now if they had made that with a totally different name ( the story line was not the same as the original at all ) and portrayed it as a completely new film. Then I would have been on board, but they touted it as a re-make of the original & what they were advertising & promoting was nothing like a re-make of the original IMO.

Don't get me wrong I do enjoy it when they change it up, but the original concept of the story they were going to make was way off the original film. Now if they had made that with a totally different name ( the story line was not the same as the original at all ) and portrayed it as a completely new film. Then I would have been on board, but they touted it as a re-make of the original & what they were advertising & promoting was nothing like a re-make of the original IMO.

Yeah, but do we really know what they were originally planning? It seems to me that some people read WAY into a few off-the-cuff comments and lost their minds over what they perceived to be the direction for the movie. It's always better to take a wait-and-see approach.

Last edited:
Yeah, but do we really know what they were originally planning? It seems to me that a some people read WAY into a few off-the-cuff comments and lost their minds over what they perceived to be the direction for the movie. It's always better to take a wait-and-see approach.
Right. Do really know that all the various human actors were intended to play the dwarfs, or were they just stand-ins for the CGI dwarfs (dwarves??) we now see in the trailer.

Right. Do really know that all the various human actors were intended to play the dwarfs, or were they just stand-ins for the CGI dwarfs (dwarves??) we now see in the trailer.
We dont know. The people who have the woke ax to grind are acting like they are being validated when reality is movies do an insanse amount of editing and reshoots. I remember here was a huge commotion over the a picture showing actors hired to portray the dwarfs and that picture from the filming or set being used as evidence that everything was changed to be more PC

Reality is yes they were stand ins... think Gollum or Planet of the Apes... using motion capture technology which is using a real person with markers to capture key important movements and then translated to CGI

We dont know. The people who have the woke ax to grind are acting like they are being validated when reality is movies do an insanse amount of editing and reshoots. I remember here was a huge commotion over the a picture showing actors hired to portray the dwarfs and that picture from the filming or set being used as evidence that everything was changed to be more PC

Reality is yes they were stand ins... think Gollum or Planet of the Apes... using motion capture technology which is using a real person with markers to capture key important movements and then translated to CGI
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. They were just stand-ins all along.

I haven’t seen it but have heard that movie was pretty decent!
I typically hate most things prequel and I really enjoyed it. It's the rare prequel that doesn't heavily wink at the audience or backbend to explain motivations for what the character does going forward. There's a Haymitch prequel book and movie coming which I am good with after the great job they did with this one.

I think with this upcoming live-action Snow White in 2025 this film will be a blockbuster hit in theaters and it will break records surpassing the live-action Beauty And The Beast and The Little Mermaid. And I think Rachel Zegler will be a wonderful Snow White but how they got Gal Gadot as The Queen I'll never understand why because I only have seen her in the Wonder Woman movies but how she can play The Queen is something I cannot figure out. But I think when Snow White is released in theaters it will recieve the same rave reviews as the live-action The Little Mermaid. Also is Jeremy Renner gonna be starring in Snow White as The Prince? Because I keep seeing Youtube videos that feature him talking about Snow White?

I think with this upcoming live-action Snow White in 2025 this film will be a blockbuster hit in theaters and it will break records surpassing the live-action Beauty And The Beast and The Little Mermaid. And I think Rachel Zegler will be a wonderful Snow White but how they got Gal Gadot as The Queen I'll never understand why because I only have seen her in the Wonder Woman movies but how she can play The Queen is something I cannot figure out. But I think when Snow White is released in theaters it will recieve the same rave reviews as the live-action The Little Mermaid. Also is Jeremy Renner gonna be starring in Snow White as The Prince? Because I keep seeing Youtube videos that feature him talking about Snow White?

I really can’t see this happening .. if you google search the press leading up to the release, it’s been really bad. Zegler did not make herself a critics darling. And there are so many people that don’t like change, and, unfortunately, might not see it. I absolutely loved the live action Little Mermaid ! ( not really raves…. Critics score was a 67 on Rotten Tomatoes )
Andrew Burnap is playing the role of Jonathan.. the love interest of Snow White

In other news…. “The Wild Robot” has best animated feature in the bag! What a beautiful film ! If Dreamworks, Miyazaki, and Tim Burton had a child, it would be the Wild Robot ! It’s a remarkable movie ! Glad to see it’s crushing box office projections!

I really can’t see this happening .. if you google search the press leading up to the release, it’s been really bad. Zegler did not make herself a critics darling. And there are so many people that don’t like change, and, unfortunately, might not see it. I absolutely loved the live action Little Mermaid ! ( not really raves…. Critics score was a 67 on Rotten Tomatoes )
Andrew Burnap is playing the role of Jonathan.. the love interest of Snow White
Snow White's prince is gonna finally have a name in this Snow White and his name is gonna be Jonathan? That's something surprising because in the animated Snow White the prince's name is never revealed. And why Jonathan for the name of the prince? Because in royalty princes should have names like Alastair or Stephen or even Peter

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest