The Running Thread--2024

Does anyone here volunteer at races? Do you enjoy it?

I've volunteered at the NYC marathon (in the finish area) for the last few years, and while I do enjoy it, the last few years I've loved it less and less every year. I'm signed up to volunteer again this year and I'm really not sure I want to. Last day to cancel is apparently Monday so I need to think about what I want to do. (I'm also signed up for the expo, which most years I actually enjoy more, but I have more time to decide if I want to do that)

I've volunteered at the NYC marathon (in the finish area) for the last few years, and while I do enjoy it, the last few years I've loved it less and less every year. I'm signed up to volunteer again this year and I'm really not sure I want to. Last day to cancel is apparently Monday so I need to think about what I want to do. (I'm also signed up for the expo, which most years I actually enjoy more, but I have more time to decide if I want to do that)
I have no experience volunteering. I am here to say thank you, we appreciate the volunteers more than they will ever know!

I volunteer. I have done it for the local races that I have run, along with Boston and (before they stopped incentivizing) Disney. I enjoy it--although that depends on the assignment. I will admit to being more selective in what assignments I put in for with the bigger races.

I get the idea of "volunteer fatigue", though. The big races can be pretty overwhelming. You've contributed in the past, and if you just aren't motivated this time, then give it a pass. And you would be doing it by the deadline, so no problem there.

September total-
4 miles. 2x1 mile last week and a 2 miler today. I can still feel a lil sumpin’ in my hip, but not overtly painful.

This has overall been a great month for me.
My daughter ended up sticking with BJJ after being very disheartened. I think the instructors have finally accepted that she is six and not an older child I am trying to pass off as younger, which I recall from my own childhood.

My car is now driving 20 months after the motor blew. And today we sign a LOI for a restaurant space in SLC.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest