Contracts drying up??

Technically i think board sponsor might be able to do that, but its basically buying and selling at the same time.
If you found someone I'm sure they would do it, but with that 8-10% sellers fee on both of them. I think they are looking for some way just to pair you with someone else for a much smaller fee and then only having to pay closing costs with a title company to swap the owners on the contracts

Technically i think board sponsor might be able to do that, but its basically buying and selling at the same time.
What I'm suggesting is not simply two unrelated sales and purchases. That's all the board sponsor is doing.

There is nothing out there Sellers and Buyers can currently use, other than some random Facebook Pages, to share "TRADE" WANTS or AVAILABILITY. There are only 1,000 contracts out there right now someone wants to Sell. Zero listings for Wanted, or Trades (ie upgrade, downgrade, change resort, change use year). That's an untapped market.

If you found someone I'm sure they would do it, but with that 8-10% sellers fee on both of them. I think they are looking for some way just to pair you with someone else for a much smaller fee and then only having to pay closing costs with a title company to swap the owners on the contracts
If you already had someone interested the escrow company can handle it. No commissions earned, or paid. Just need to put together a simple "contract" to present for ROFR.

What I'm suggesting is not simply two unrelated sales and purchases. That's all the board sponsor is doing.

There is nothing out there Sellers and Buyers can currently use, other than some random Facebook Pages, to share "TRADE" WANTS or AVAILABILITY. There are only 1,000 contracts out there right now someone wants to Sell. Zero listings for Wanted, or Trades (ie upgrade, downgrade, change resort, change use year). That's an untapped market.
I would really love to trade, safely, as well. I am trying to bring extended family with me next year and need 3 rooms at a resort I don't own. I'd love to be able to get that all worked out before the 7 month window so I don't leave 2 groups at one resort and run out of space before I get the 3rd room. My CCV has value, but it isn't quite right for our group. It would be helpful to be able trade with another owner who might be looking for something different themselves. I guess that's how they keep us buying contracts.

I would really love to trade, safely, as well. I am trying to bring extended family with me next year and need 3 rooms at a resort I don't own. I'd love to be able to get that all worked out before the 7 month window so I don't leave 2 groups at one resort and run out of space before I get the 3rd room. My CCV has value, but it isn't quite right for our group. It would be helpful to be able trade with another owner who might be looking for something different themselves. I guess that's how they keep us buying contracts.
Not trading ownership I think is also possible with board sponsor, I'd contact some one at DVC rental store & see what they say, i think they did something like that before. @pkrieger2287 ?

Not trading ownership I think is also possible with board sponsor, I'd contact some one at DVC rental store & see what they say, i think they did something like that before. @pkrieger2287 ?
There was a trade but it was really poor value, you got instant sale price for your contract as well as other fees on selling and buying.
Other than it being quick I couldn’t see any great benefits to offset the money you were losing on a true market sale and purchase

If you found someone yourself why would you even need anyone else but the title company?

If you found someone yourself why would you even need anyone else but the title company?

Yeah guess you wouldn't have to use them if you found someone yourself. You would just be using the title company. Since finding someone is the hard part, I guess there really isn't a way to actually do it through the board sponsor, because that would just be the same as actually selling and rebuying a different use year.

I think you'd only need a title company to do this, right? Just make sure the selling price is high enough to get it safely through ROFR. Two properties (let's say AKV, but different UY) with the same number of points swap at $130pp (DVD isn't going to touch that in ROFR, but it's not high enough to look funny). Money-wise, it's even plus title fees.

There could be a forum section for people looking to swap, but trying to find the perfect match resort, perfect UY, perfect amount of points then agree on a price is the tough part.

There could be a forum section for people looking to swap, but trying to find the perfect match resort, perfect UY, perfect amount of points then agree on a price is the tough part.
That’s why in real estate they have something called “boot”. It’s an equalizer.

That’s why in real estate they have something called “boot”. It’s an equalizer.
You'd probably need to create some contingency with the title company. But this all seems very doable. The price needs to be high enough to avoid ROFR. Just look to see what DVC Shop is asking. Their asking prices are usually on the upper high side--but not super nutty. That should be about right. And then have a contingency that both contracts need to close a the same time.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest