Slinky genie+ gone in minutes

Ahh, gotcha thanks, that makes sense.
Then is it every 2 hours after park open?
Yes, but not necessarily. Highly recommend reading the link above as there are really 4 things that could make you eligible to book your next LL attraction. No sense waiting if you don’t have to.

The good news is the app clearly tells you when you’re eligible to book your next LL attraction.

This is why the Genie+ program is so awful.
No, it's actually very helpful. Even if you just woke up right now (Saturday 02-03-24 at 12:18 PM), you could still select Star Tours at 12:20, Muppet Vision at 12:20, Beauty and Beast at 12:30, Disney Junior at 12:35, Indiana Jones at 12:45, Frozen Sing along at 1:05, Swirling Saucers at 1:10, Smugglers Run at 3:20, Tower of Terror at 3:55, Toy Story at 4:15, or Runaway Railway at 4:50.

No, it's actually very helpful. Even if you just woke up right now (Saturday 02-03-24 at 12:18 PM), you could still select Star Tours at 12:20, Muppet Vision at 12:20, Beauty and Beast at 12:30, Disney Junior at 12:35, Indiana Jones at 12:45, Frozen Sing along at 1:05, Swirling Saucers at 1:10, Smugglers Run at 3:20, Tower of Terror at 3:55, Toy Story at 4:15, or Runaway Railway at 4:50.
And less than half of those even need LL in the first place.

We are visiting for the first time since Genie +. Would you recommend purchasing the LL for ROTR first or Genie + for Slinky Dog? Is it possible to get both?

We are visiting for the first time since Genie +. Would you recommend purchasing the LL for ROTR first or Genie + for Slinky Dog? Is it possible to get both?
Slinky first. It's gone within minutes at most.

We were able to get ILL for Rise as off site guests (at park open). If you get slinky at 7 and then buy Rise you shouldn't have an issue.

Is SDD kind of like the Stanley Cup craze? Demand seems to beget demand. I get that it is a coaster appropriate for younger riders. As an older person, I can totally skip it. What is the attraction to this ride?
Our kids grew up on Toy Story, so it must be an amazing experience for them to ride the toy slinky dog. They probably get as much joy as I get from flying in Peter Pan's boat.

I got SDD this past week. I got pretty much everything I wanted with Genie. But I will admit the stress was bad on me at first. Real bad until the 2nd or 3rd park day.

Disney really needs to revamp their system. If you purchase G+, you should be able to book it. Ridiculous to pay that much for the system and not be able to use it to the fullest.
No way I would have gotten it if I hadn't already been practicing and so prepared this past week. I was within 10 seconds once it hit 7 am. Change is coming, hopefully it will be good. The anxiety I had was sad as **** though.

This is the one ride I really don't understand the popularity for.
Slinky is a ride that "looks big" but "rides small" in a park that doesn't have a huge number of kid-friendly things to do. Just looking at the layout, it should be a fun coaster. It has a launch into a hill, the run of bunny hills after the launch, etc.

But, somehow, they managed to design it so that it is borderline forceless. It has a few moments of "hey, that was okay," but nothing that I'd describe as "wow!" My daughter and I are both roller coaster dorks. She pronounced it a one-and-done. I'll ride it, but I won't wait very long and won't go too far out of my way to get a G+ for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter