Slinky genie+ gone in minutes

This is the one ride I really don't understand the popularity for. Granted I haven't ridden it, but it looks like a cute kids coaster you might see in any theme park in America. Is there something more in the queue or in the ride that I can't see from watching?
The queue is mostly outdoors so there is not much to see, well, maybe except for the marching toy soldiers or Woody and Jessie. The ride, however, is really fun and cute with the different segments along the way.

As others have said, if you get it, then you can modify, but Slinky goes quickly.

We have had so many bad days at HS, that we now tend to skip it, or only go for a few hours. Getting into the park always seems to be very slow, like we lost half an hour - all of Early entry- just getting tapped into the park the last 3 visits.

On my most recent visit, we had a gap in our G+ bookings, so we got in line for MMRR. It was supposed to be a 30min wait, but ended up being well over an hour, because they just were not letting any standby guests onto the ride. The extra delay mucked up the rest of our time at HS. And that was just the most recent disaster day at HS.

Every time we've gone to HS since G+ started, the experience has been frustrating like that. If any of the rides go down, the park just grinds to a standstill.

HS badly needs more attractions and new shows. They quickly need to put something in the Little Mermaid theater.
I agree for sure HS is a hot mess anymore. We had a great day in the summer and hit everything super early but we got lucky and everything was running, last trip in Oct RNR was down so that threw us off our plan. I just didn't realize before how quickly slinky was going. We are able to be there all day and take a break so whatever time we get we'll take but my daughter badly wants to ride when its dark and Ive checked wait times nightly before close and its still over an hour minutes before so we dont really wanna do that either ha.

HS badly needs more attractions and new shows. They quickly need to put something in the Little Mermaid theater.
HS has always been lacking attractions, my least fav park. I always find there is just nothing to do there.
The little mermaid is coming back in Fall of this year with a re-imagined show.

The queue is mostly outdoors so there is not much to see, well, maybe except for the marching toy soldiers or Woody and Jessie. The ride, however, is really fun and cute with the different segments along the way.
When I was in a long standby line for the ride earlier this month, the Green Army drummers came over and did a show just for us waiting in the line.

Disney is good at creating events that will draw crowds so there really is not a quiet time to visit any longer. Festival of the Arts and marathons now draw crowds in Jan and Feb.

I wouldn’t stress but more do realize there will be a good number of people there, learn, plan and be prepared to pivot.

I helped friends last month who had never been to Disney and their very first trip was December. We paid attention to actual wait times via Touring Plans (HIGHLY recommend this), they purchased Genie+ and had an amazing day!!! They rode every single attraction (except MMRR as it broke down while they were in line), saw 2 shows + Fantasmic and then repeated a couple of rides. This was a busy December day!

It’s doable. Have fun and go in knowing you will be one of many yet also knowing you can have a great day!!

Crazy. Years ago January used to literally be empty, not sure how it’s changed so much. I remember ride attendants asking if we just wanted to stay in the ride vehicles and ride again because no one was waiting. Miss those days.
We used to go the first week of December, and it was the same. So many rides we rode back-to-back, and quite often we were the only ones on transportation. We would be done with all rides we cared to ride by noon-1:00 and go swim. No more!

EVERYBODY is going to be there next week if they aren't there this week. Check the Reddit and FB groups, too.
Yep, I am one of them. So sad the January secret got out. We have been going for years. Nervous about how crowded it is going to be next week. Boo!
Why is it so busy this week? Is it just because it’s a nice time to go now (the secret being out?)

I have a Genie+ question… I started this morning at about 7:08 reserved Slinky, now 2 hours later I’m looking to reserve my next ride and it says I have to wait until 10:30?
I thought it was every 2 hours?
What am I missing here was I just incorrect or what’s the deal?

I have a Genie+ question… I started this morning at about 7:08 reserved Slinky, now 2 hours later I’m looking to reserve my next ride and it says I have to wait until 10:30?
You can stack your second Genie at 2 hours after park opening. HS opens at 8:30 today, so yes your next selection is at 10:30.

… my daughter badly wants to ride when its dark and Ive checked wait times nightly before close and its still over an hour minutes before so we dont really wanna do that either ha.
Oof. The only ha here is you aren’t in the know. Let us help with that! Disney massively inflates wait times at the end of the night. I have hopped in the SDD line right before closing with a stupid wait time posted and a maybe 20 min wait. Similar at ROTR. Been like that for a long time. They massively inflate wait times in the last hour to discourage people from getting in line.

My all time fav example of this ridiculousness was a posted 40 min wait at Dinisaur and we walked onto a truck without stopping 🤣

Why is it so busy this week? Is it just because it’s a nice time to go now (the secret being out?)

What am I missing here was I just incorrect or what’s the deal?

Ahh, gotcha thanks, that makes sense.
Then is it every 2 hours after park open?
I’d recommend reading the posts on page 1 of the Everything Genie thread to help understand how it works. It’s not easy but we’ve attempted to break it down as much as we can. There are also links to helpful videos there.

I always laugh when people talk about 'secrets' getting out. You mean the secrets that probably about 100 different bloggers share about Disney and when is the slowest/best time to go, best value, cheapest place to eat, best quiet empty spot to sit, etc etc, until it's gone and none of it exists anymore...

Hey! So we’re going to Disney next week, we’re passholders but I tend to check the app and genie+ status regularly from home! I’ve noticed the past week daily slinky is gone by 7:30!! I just checked at 7:15 and again not one available time. I know that it’s one that always went quick, but it seems bizarre that it’s literally gone in minutes every morning as anyone else notice that or have you been recently to the park and is it impossible to get now? We’ve always gotten one but we’re hoping for an evening time but looks like it won’t be a choice as we’ll need to click at 7 and get whatever we ge

This is why the Genie+ program is so awful. I wonder if people actually enjoy this added layer of stress it requires. Or maybe it's the excitement?

It would be nice if you could select the park you're visiting, select which rides are your priority, and you get assigned a time. If you aren't assigned a time you are refunded the dollar amount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter