Slinky genie+ gone in minutes

NicholeB630

DIS Veteran
Hey! So we’re going to Disney next week, we’re passholders but I tend to check the app and genie+ status regularly from home! I’ve noticed the past week daily slinky is gone by 7:30!! I just checked at 7:15 and again not one available time. I know that it’s one that always went quick, but it seems bizarre that it’s literally gone in minutes every morning as anyone else notice that or have you been recently to the park and is it impossible to get now? We’ve always gotten one but we’re hoping for an evening time but looks like it won’t be a choice as we’ll need to click at 7 and get whatever we get!!

I thought it has always been if you wanted SDD you had to be on at 7am and you got what you got…
That’s basically it, like other rides you can wait a few and see times go up and grab it. It just didn’t seem before and other times I’ve been every time was gone within minutes.

Hey! So we’re going to Disney next week, we’re passholders but I tend to check the app and genie+ status regularly from home! I’ve noticed the past week daily slinky is gone by 7:30!! I just checked at 7:15 and again not one available time. I know that it’s one that always went quick, but it seems bizarre that it’s literally gone in minutes every morning as anyone else notice that or have you been recently to the park and is it impossible to get now? We’ve always gotten one but we’re hoping for an evening time but looks like it won’t be a choice as we’ll need to click at 7 and get whatever we get!!
Oh my gosh. I just posted about the same thing, lol! We are there next week too.

Crazy. Years ago January used to literally be empty, not sure how it’s changed so much. I remember ride attendants asking if we just wanted to stay in the ride vehicles and ride again because no one was waiting. Miss those days.
I am concerned to say the least.

Slinky has been extremely competitive from the get-go. You gotta know the booking procedure backwards and forwards, and be ready to go the instant it opens up. (Having been on Slinky a few times, I don't get it, but eh....)
I don’t get it either, except if you have kids.

I went on last night during After Hours for the first time. It was fun to do for a 10-15 minute wait but I can’t imagine waiting longer. BTMRR or EE are far better coasters with much easier access

This is the one ride I really don't understand the popularity for. Granted I haven't ridden it, but it looks like a cute kids coaster you might see in any theme park in America. Is there something more in the queue or in the ride that I can't see from watching?

This is the one ride I really don't understand the popularity for. Granted I haven't ridden it, but it looks like a cute kids coaster you might see in any theme park in America. Is there something more in the queue or in the ride that I can't see from watching?
It's more fun than it appears from looking at it. I would highly recommend giving it a try!

Slinky is a good kids ride in a park with a lot of rides with higher height requirements. Add in the nostalgia of Toy Story for the young adults (my son is 23 and grew up on TS) and it’s going to stay super popular.

As a mom to the 23 year old Toy Story is a fave of mine. The ride is really cute and fun.

With RNR down, and nobody wanting to gamble on ROTR being down at rope drop, SDD is out of control. Not to mention mid January was the busiest January I’ve ever seen, filled with SA/SA tour groups that I thought came in July. At least 60-70 percent of the parks crowd was from SA, it was nuts. There were some 8/10 and 9/10 days at Epcot and HS, regardless of what the ride times show.

As others have said, if you get it, then you can modify, but Slinky goes quickly.

We have had so many bad days at HS, that we now tend to skip it, or only go for a few hours. Getting into the park always seems to be very slow, like we lost half an hour - all of Early entry- just getting tapped into the park the last 3 visits.

On my most recent visit, we had a gap in our G+ bookings, so we got in line for MMRR. It was supposed to be a 30min wait, but ended up being well over an hour, because they just were not letting any standby guests onto the ride. The extra delay mucked up the rest of our time at HS. And that was just the most recent disaster day at HS.

Every time we've gone to HS since G+ started, the experience has been frustrating like that. If any of the rides go down, the park just grinds to a standstill.

HS badly needs more attractions and new shows. They quickly need to put something in the Little Mermaid theater.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter