**September 2019**

September 22nd to 28th. We are bringing both grandmothers for the first time so we have a 2 bedroom villas at VGF by renting points. We will be doing MNSSHP on Tuesday the 24th.
Welcome to September planning thread :) . There should be a separate MNSSHP roll call thread, I will look for it and add it to the first page if I see it.

Does anyone know when we should expect to see Southwest release tickets for September? I am fine with driving, but last year we found tickets from Southwest for $400 for our family of 4 (so we changed our mind and flew).

I am following this online, too. On 2/7 they’ll release dates through 9/2 (which doesn’t help most of us Septemebr travelers), and it isn’t yet published when they’ll release the next dates. $100 per person is so cheap! We usually get as low as $250 per person through Southwest and thought that was pretty good.

I called SW last week and spoke to a rep. She told me after they release the group of flights on 2/7, they will likely post the release date for the rest of September's flights around 2/10. I booked our late September flights last year around mid-April. I had to wait to confirm a couple of details, so I know I didn't book them right when they released, but I don't feel like it was too long after.

I called SW last week and spoke to a rep. She told me after they release the group of flights on 2/7, they will likely post the release date for the rest of September's flights around 2/10. I booked our late September flights last year around mid-April. I had to wait to confirm a couple of details, so I know I didn't book them right when they released, but I don't feel like it was too long after.

Awesome, thank you for this info! I will keep an eye out for sure!

I just cannot leave well enough alone lol. I kept thinking about nice it would be to stay at Yacht Club (never stayed at an Epcot area hotel before), so I decided to change some things and now DD and I are doing a split stay! So September 1-4 will be at POR and then September 5-8 will be at Yacht Club! This also gives us the ability to attend two Halloween parties, since we love them so much.

I am really excited! More days at Disney is never a bad thing, right? lol

New to the group!

Our Disney dates are September 8-15 at Pop Century, but spending September 5-8 at Universal.

Planning on the MNSSHP on September 8th!

This will be our first time with the Dining Plan so I'll need lots of tips!!! We upgraded from the Free QS to DDP and I'm wayy more excited than I should be about it! LOL

229 days to go!

Last edited:

New to the group!

Our Disney dates are September 8-15 at Pop Century, but spending September 5-8 at Universal.

This will be our first time with the Dining Plan so I'll need lots of tips!!! We upgraded from the Free QS to DDP and I'm wayy more excited than I should be about it! LOL

230 days to go!
:welcome:

Does anyone know when we should expect to see Southwest release tickets for September? I am fine with driving, but last year we found tickets from Southwest for $400 for our family of 4 (so we changed our mind and flew).
Feb 7 for first couple days in sepf. Check on their site . ".check flight schedules"

New to the group!

230 days to go!
Everyone is different but,we found sit down meals every day became too time consuming....all quick service now...with one nice sit down for the trip ...curious how it will work for you..have a great trip...remember to reserve 6 months out for the popular restaurants

New to the group!

230 days to go!
We upgraded to DDP too, we are big fans.

Everyone is different but,we found sit down meals every day became too time consuming....all quick service now...with one nice sit down for the trip ...curious how it will work for you..have a great trip...remember to reserve 6 months out for the popular restaurants
This is how we feel about it now. It's wonderful not worrying about the money and it's great to do if you've never done it before but we've done it so many times that now we feel we are over it. We find during a weeks vacation, doing about 3 sit downs is enough for us to feel pampered. Last year our youngest just didn't want to sit and I felt everything was based around when we had to get to the restaurant to eat. But for a family doing it for the first time, it will be well worth it trying different restaurants to try.

This is how we feel about it now. It's wonderful not worrying about the money and it's great to do if you've never done it before but we've done it so many times that now we feel we are over it. We find during a weeks vacation, doing about 3 sit downs is enough for us to feel pampered. Last year our youngest just didn't want to sit and I felt everything was based around when we had to get to the restaurant to eat. But for a family doing it for the first time, it will be well worth it trying different restaurants to try.

The first time we took the kids, we did the QSDP and paid OOP for Chef Mickey's. They were little, so it worked out perfectly. The next time we took them, we had the DDP and did a TS meal every day. We did all but 1 character meal. The food was great, and sitting in the A/C was nice, but it just took SO LONG. Even the kids were weary of waiting for characters at our meals. This time, we were able to score FD, and decided not to upgrade to the DDP. We may pay OOP for 1-2 TS meals, but we've decided that a TS meal every day is not for us. DH & I did an anniversary trip, just the two of us, last year. We were there a week and did 3 TS meals the entire time and were completely happy. It really just depends on what your priorities are and how you like to eat.

Count me in ! Sept 8 - 14 solo BWI. I was originally POR but splurged when duscouts were announced . Thank you for starting the thread

It's just the two of us (our kids are all adults) and we love to relax and have a sit down meal at least once per day. It's usually breakfast and dinner with a QS for lunch. Sometimes we skip lunch and eat ice cream instead :) Next December we are bringing our adult son/dil/and 15 mo old granddaughter. We have free dining that was booked as a bounce back from last October. I was going to upgrade us to DDP because I really think she will want character meals but we may need to rethink this.

We have a 3 and 6 year old, plan one sit down a day. It does take time which is perfect for us, since we don’t take an afternoon break. When we have tried to go back to nap the kids either fall asleep on the bus and are wound up and cranky at the hotel or refuse to nap at the hotel. Either way it is a waste of time for us to try to do the break. We schedule ADRs early, like 5-5:30, to give them long break. We can then gauge their level of tiredness to see if we go to a park or back to the resort after. I do wish they would change the cancellation policy to 2 hour notice or something for ADRs. That way it would make your schedule more flexible. I understand why they have the policy, just wish it was different.

We have a 3 and 6 year old, plan one sit down a day. It does take time which is perfect for us, since we don’t take an afternoon break. When we have tried to go back to nap the kids either fall asleep on the bus and are wound up and cranky at the hotel or refuse to nap at the hotel. Either way it is a waste of time for us to try to do the break. We schedule ADRs early, like 5-5:30, to give them long break. We can then gauge their level of tiredness to see if we go to a park or back to the resort after. I do wish they would change the cancellation policy to 2 hour notice or something for ADRs. That way it would make your schedule more flexible. I understand why they have the policy, just wish it was different.
We end up using the break more for pool time than resting because we always had the same issue with kids nodding off on the bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter