**September 2019**

I think we will start our countdown movie nights again this weekend.

I think this month we will do Bug's Life. Youngest hasn't seen it yet. So far all I got is ants on a log for a snack and dirt and worms for dessert. Better go hit up pinterest ;)

Next month will be Wreck It Ralph 2 - I can't wait to see it!

I think we will start our countdown movie nights again this weekend.

I think this month we will do Bug's Life. Youngest hasn't seen it yet. So far all I got is ants on a log for a snack and dirt and worms for dessert. Better go hit up pinterest ;)

Next month will be Wreck It Ralph 2 - I can't wait to see it!

“Countdown movie nights” is such a fun idea!!!! Thanks for sharing that. I think I’ll borrow that idea from you and begin when we are 6 months out to add some extra Disney fun to Friday nights.:happytv:

“Countdown movie nights” is such a fun idea!!!! Thanks for sharing that. I think I’ll borrow that idea from you and begin when we are 6 months out to add some extra Disney fun to Friday nights.:happytv:

I have been doing them for years now, there are tons of great ideas on pinterest and there was a thread here on the DIS too, not sure if it is still around. I borrowed the ideas from others so I am happy to pay the idea forward!

I think they are such a fun way to build excitement for vacation. Sometimes if I have a hard time thinking up a movie oriented craft we make something for vaca - we make door decorations, mousekeeping envelopes, decorate M&M tubes for pennies/quarters, make countdown calendars, decorate shirts, made autograph books...

I have been doing them for years now, there are tons of great ideas on pinterest and there was a thread here on the DIS too, not sure if it is still around. I borrowed the ideas from others so I am happy to pay the idea forward!

I think they are such a fun way to build excitement for vacation. Sometimes if I have a hard time thinking up a movie oriented craft we make something for vaca - we make door decorations, mousekeeping envelopes, decorate M&M tubes for pennies/quarters, make countdown calendars, decorate shirts, made autograph books...

I've also done these our last two trips with the kids. We have loved them. I don't usually do a craft, but will have a snack or dinner around the theme. DH travels a lot, so we actually do them most of the time when he's not home... his feelings aren't hurt. ;) Our first time, we watched 20 movies, 1 per week. My kids were younger and there were quite a few they hadn't seen yet. I wanted to make sure they'd seen certain ones so they'd KNOW when they got in the parks. Now that they're well-versed in Disney, we probably won't watch that many. Plus, our summer and August tend to be slammed. We will probably choose a few, but not do a full-on countdown like we have in the past. I'm actually going to have them help me do some of the planning this time. We'll see how it goes.

September 2-8! I'm going no matter what. It was supposed to be a girls' trip to Disney, but then my friend hasn't been answering my texts/emails about the trip so I might end up going alone or with SO. Most likely ASMo. I'd like to try one of the moderates, but I can't decide which one!

Yay, Sept. 13-16 at Animal Kingdom Kidani and then 16-20 on the Disney Dream. 1st Disney Cruise ever!

Hi! My family (3 rooms) will be staying at CBR from September 28th - October 3rd! First trip for my 5 year old, 4 year old and 2 year old - and my husband too! :)

September 2-8! I'm going no matter what. It was supposed to be a girls' trip to Disney, but then my friend hasn't been answering my texts/emails about the trip so I might end up going alone or with SO. Most likely ASMo. I'd like to try one of the moderates, but I can't decide which one!

Added to roll call :)

I’m feeling very thankful and grateful my hubby was in his dad’s old truck yesterday. He was going to our oldest son's house (the one that just got married Friday) to swap this truck for his so hubby could use our son's to pull a trailer while he was out of town on his honeymoon. He hasn't driven this road very much, especially in the dark and the rain and when he dimmed his lights for an oncoming car then put them back on bright he forgot about the fork/curve in the road and by the time he saw it, it was too late to make the curve. Sadly my FIL passed away almost a year ago (the 27th) and this was his old truck, but I'm so thankful hubby walked away with just a broken nose and scrapes and bruises, especially since there wasn't an airbag.IMG_9159copy.jpg

I’m feeling very thankful and grateful my hubby was in his dad’s old truck yesterday. He was going to our oldest son's house (the one that just got married Friday) to swap this truck for his so hubby could use our son's to pull a trailer while he was out of town on his honeymoon. He hasn't driven this road very much, especially in the dark and the rain and when he dimmed his lights for an oncoming car then put them back on bright he forgot about the fork/curve in the road and by the time he saw it, it was too late to make the curve. Sadly my FIL passed away almost a year ago (the 27th) and this was his old truck, but I'm so thankful hubby walked away with just a broken nose and scrapes and bruises, especially since there wasn't an airbag.View attachment 377970
Oh no! I'm so glad he's ok!

So, I’m thinking I may have to change our dates. My daughter will be in competition dance and that will cost thousands. To save some money, I’m wanting to switch to 9/2-9/8. We live in GA and we will drive and always drive at night. We want to do MNSSHP but not on a Friday night. So, should we do MNSSHP on our arrival day or the last day? If it’s last day, we’d have to just drive home afterwards but we’d be able to sleep in the day of the party. Any thoughts?

I’m feeling very thankful and grateful my hubby was in his dad’s old truck yesterday. He was going to our oldest son's house (the one that just got married Friday) to swap this truck for his so hubby could use our son's to pull a trailer while he was out of town on his honeymoon. He hasn't driven this road very much, especially in the dark and the rain and when he dimmed his lights for an oncoming car then put them back on bright he forgot about the fork/curve in the road and by the time he saw it, it was too late to make the curve. Sadly my FIL passed away almost a year ago (the 27th) and this was his old truck, but I'm so thankful hubby walked away with just a broken nose and scrapes and bruises, especially since there wasn't an airbag.View attachment 377970

I’m so sorry for the loss of your father in law. Sounds like he was watching over your hubby! So glad he’s ok.

Woah! Scary! I'm glad your DH is okay!

So, I’m thinking I may have to change our dates. My daughter will be in competition dance and that will cost thousands. To save some money, I’m wanting to switch to 9/2-9/8. We live in GA and we will drive and always drive at night. We want to do MNSSHP but not on a Friday night. So, should we do MNSSHP on our arrival day or the last day? If it’s last day, we’d have to just drive home afterwards but we’d be able to sleep in the day of the party. Any thoughts?
We would not want to start our drive (20+ hours) that late so we would do the party on arrival day - but since you always drive at night anyway maybe that would be a good way to end the trip, especially since you can sleep in... I am zero help lol If you switch lmk and I will change the roll call :)

Sorry, Movies!
No problem! Will go add you now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter