**September 2019**

I find it amusing that so many of us September peeps (including me) are staying at POP!

POP: 15
ASSp: 4
ASmo: 3
CB: 3
CS: 2
Poly: 2
POR: 2
POFQ: 2
WL: 2
BC: 2
OKW: 2
CR: 1
CC: 1
GF: 1
YC: 1
ASMu: 1

Yes, it's possible I am wasting time on the Dis instead of cleaning the house!

Well it is one of the best. We stayed at AKL once in 2016 and as much as we liked it we will always go back to POP. :)

This would be our first MNSSHP also. I think it is worth doing at least once. I was very happy with our Christmas party experience!
We live MNSSHP. We've done 2 of t th em and I'm sure we'll do one during our September trip too.

So with the dates released for MNSSHP, I feel a little better about starting to plan out my days. What apps/tools do you all use to plan your days? Do you have a favorite crowd calendar?

Also anyone know when the park hours for September will be released?
I haven't looked into Kenny the Pirate but I will! I do like Touring Plans and use them quite often for planning my days in the park. I leave wiggle room but honestly, the last 2 trips they have been spot on!

I was just checking KtP today to see if he had the September park hours up, nothing yet :\ I like to have ample time to obsess over every detail, will just keep going by last year.

I have started to seriously consider upgrading my husband and myself to an AP when we go. I let mine expire in January :( but am thinking ahead to SWGE and how fun it would be to check it out with just DH - because I don't have to worry about entertaining him if we wait in line half the day....

I was just checking KtP today to see if he had the September park hours up, nothing yet :\ I like to have ample time to obsess over every detail, will just keep going by last year.

I signed up for Kenny’s character locator. I’ve been following him on fb for a while now, and I think we’ll really try a lot of character meets this time.
We’ll do some character meals, but the kids are keen to do meets as well.

We’ll also do some pin trading. I’ve been already ordering a looking for pins to buy!

We want to try some new restaurants this time as well - looking forward to read about everyone else’s plans!

We have also been thinking about doing one special event/tour. Originally I was thinking the ‘Caring for Giants” tour at AK, but I came across the details on the Star Wars guided tour at HS....and I’m torn! I might also throw the Halloween party in the mix, amd the kids can choose which we should try.
We did the party in 2017, and I have to admit I was kind of disappointed in the event....but maybe that was because my expectations were sky high! I did love planning our family costumes :love:

I've booked last April, but just booked a few add-ons (including a week in Coronado Springs). We will now go for the entire month of September! We will arrive August 31, and will be staying at Universal's Sapphire Falls of 5 nights with trips planned to Saint Augustine, Universal and Seaworld. Then 10 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge with dining plan added and 7 nights at Coronado Springs without Dining Plan. We'll end our trip with 6 nights at Royal Pacific where we'll have a Club room and will mostly visit Universal. Our plane leaves September 30 but we will arrive back in the Netherlands October 1st. Very exited! The last time I hit the parks was six years ago and only consisted of Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Universal's Islands of Adventure! I've been planning for this trip ever since!

I'm a bit worried the trip will be too long but this way we could take some days off and stay at the pool without having to compromise too much. Since the tickets/annual passes and flights were most of the costs, the difference between two weeks and four weeks wasn't that big for us.

Short question: would it be wise to book the tours (planning to do Keys to the Kingdom, the UnDISCOVERed Future World and Magic Behind Our Steamtrains) 90 days beforehand or would it be enough time to do it on arrival? I saw you could only book by phone and that would cost almost two dollars a minute from where I'm at.

Last edited:

Way off topic but it’s wedding day today! Today my oldest will marry the love of his life. They have known each other since they were four years old and we are really good friends with her parents. We actually knew her step dad when I was pregnant with my son. We are looking forward to a crazy hectic day that is filled with amazing people. 0D5C3BD9-32E8-4969-B34B-D02A674AF8FF.jpeg

Last month (December) we did two nights at Universal staying at Portofino. Then six nights at WDW......two at AKL, two at Contemporary, and two at Poly. Disney makes it super super easy to do split stays! Just go to the park of your choice the morning of the switch and take your bags to Bell Services of the resort you just stayed at. They will move them for you to the new resort. If you didn't want to go to a park right away and wanted to swim at the new resort then pack a small bag with your suit and whatever you think you might need in the first half of your day at the new resort. We learned that the hard way. You wont see your bags for several hours while they transfer them. ONce you are in your new room just call Bell Services and they will arrange to bring up your bags! We had MNSSHP on the first day of our stay at Poly and before we left for MK our bags still hadn't arrived from Poly but Bell Services is open round the clock and at 12:30 am they brought our bags to our room! I love split stays if only for the opportunity to check out other resorts!
wow, amazing! It's almost like tapas but with resorts, I love it!
Do you have kids? I don't think we've been yet without doing a split stay. We usually do a night or two and then switch for the week to another.

Way off topic but it’s wedding day today! Today my oldest will marry the love of his life. They have known each other since they were four years old and we are really good friends with her parents. We actually knew her step dad when I was pregnant with my son. We are looking forward to a crazy hectic day that is filled with amazing people. View attachment 376260
Congratulations! They look like a lovely couple

wow, amazing! It's almost like tapas but with resorts, I love it!
Do you have kids? I don't think we've been yet without doing a split stay. We usually do a night or two and then switch for the week to another.
Lol! Our kids are adults now. As a matter of fact we've been coming without kids since 2012. Our last trip WITH kids was 2005, which is why it took so long to come back :)

Way off topic but it’s wedding day today! Today my oldest will marry the love of his life. They have known each other since they were four years old and we are really good friends with her parents. We actually knew her step dad when I was pregnant with my son. We are looking forward to a crazy hectic day that is filled with amazing people. View attachment 376260

Wow, congrats!

I've booked last April, but just booked a few add-ons (including a week in Coronado Springs). We will now go for the entire month of September! We will arrive August 31, and will be staying at Universal's Sapphire Falls of 5 nights with trips planned to Saint Augustine, Universal and Seaworld. Then 10 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge with dining plan added and 7 nights at Coronado Springs without Dining Plan. We'll end our trip with 6 nights at Royal Pacific where we'll have a Club room and will mostly visit Universal. Our plane leaves September 30 but we will arrive back in the Netherlands October 1st. Very exited! The last time I hit the parks was six years ago and only consisted of Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Universal's Islands of Adventure! I've been planning for this trip ever since!

I'm a bit worried the trip will be too long but this way we could take some days off and stay at the pool without having to compromise too much. Since the tickets/annual passes and flights were most of the costs, the difference between two weeks and four weeks wasn't that big for us.

Short question: would it be wise to book the tours (planning to do Keys to the Kingdom, the UnDISCOVERed Future World and Magic Behind Our Steamtrains) 90 days beforehand or would it be enough time to do it on arrival? I saw you could only book by phone and that would cost almost two dollars a minute from where I'm at.

WOW. Your trip sounds amazing!

Awesome! Stock up on snacks during the DDP portion of the trip and you should have a good amount for the second half. Mugs too!

Plenty of time for pools and exploring the resorts!

I just wrote a little review of the Star Wars Guided Tour yesterday! It was awesome, I recommend it.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/s...dhs-whos-been-in-the-last-few-months.3729830/
TFS I see almost nothing about this.

Awe :lovestruc Congrats!

Does anyone know when we should expect to see Southwest release tickets for September? I am fine with driving, but last year we found tickets from Southwest for $400 for our family of 4 (so we changed our mind and flew).

Does anyone know when we should expect to see Southwest release tickets for September? I am fine with driving, but last year we found tickets from Southwest for $400 for our family of 4 (so we changed our mind and flew).

I am following this online, too. On 2/7 they’ll release dates through 9/2 (which doesn’t help most of us Septemebr travelers), and it isn’t yet published when they’ll release the next dates. $100 per person is so cheap! We usually get as low as $250 per person through Southwest and thought that was pretty good.

I am following this online, too. On 2/7 they’ll release dates through 9/2 (which doesn’t help most of us Septemebr travelers), and it isn’t yet published when they’ll release the next dates. $100 per person is so cheap! We usually get as low as $250 per person through Southwest and thought that was pretty good.
We aren’t going far, we fly out of Atlanta :teleport:

September 22nd to 28th. We are bringing both grandmothers for the first time so we have a 2 bedroom villas at VGF by renting points. We will be doing MNSSHP on Tuesday the 24th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!