September 2010 PTR, My hidden agenda, muahahaha

I am very sad to say that Peyton has passed away today.

Kent called me at work to tell me that Peytons breathing was very labored. I left work immediatley and we met up on the way to the animal hospital. When I got in the truck Peyton was cold and turning blue but still breathing.

At the Animal Hospital they took her right away and began CPR, not long after the Dr. came out and told us that her heart beat was very faint and her pupils were fixed and dialated, she was brain dead, they removed her from the machine that was breathing for her and withing a few minutes she was gone.

They said they couldn't even see her heart in the x-ray because it had so much fluid around it, she had a hernia in her diaphram and her intestines had telescoped, she more then likely was born with all of this. Even if she did live she would have been facing some pretty big surgerys.

Peyton brought this family so much happiness in the 2 short weeks we had her, saying goodbye to her has been almost more then we can handle.

It says in the Bible that God knows when one of his birds has fallen from the sky, so this means that he loves his creatures and when they pass he takes them home to be with him, right? they are in heaven right? I need to know that she is in heaven.

:hug: All my lost babies are up there waiting for me to join them later so we can be together forever. My heart goes out to you I know how hard it is to lose a furbaby.:hug: We just adopted 2 new litttle boy kittens Raja and Kovu. they are 8 weeks old and we are getting them used to the 4 dogs and ferrett so now our home is complete. They do tend to infiltrate your heart in a short time don't they?

I'm so sorry, Ty. :hug: I do believe animals are in Heaven waiting for us. If my kitty isn't up there waiting for me, I'll be sad and there are no tears in Heaven, right??? :goodvibes

Oh I'm so sorry to hear you lost your cute puppy! :( I believe she is at the Rainbow Bridge waiting for you, and when your whole family gets there, she will go to Heaven with you.

I'm so sorry Ty! Of course your puppy is in heaven. Don't even doubt it for a minute. He was so adorable and sweet that god thought he would be a perfect puppy angel!:hug:

Ooooh sweetie, I've been a bad friend. :guilty:
With the trip coming up I've been neglectful of my DIS duties and didn't read about your pup until now.
I'm so so sorry you lost your little pup, she was such a cutie. Now she can run around in heaven and chew anything her heart desires.
I wonder if God wears crocs? :scratchin If He does, do you think He would let her chew on them? It's not like He can't replace them any time He wants.

Really, I am so sorry. I'm wondering how your appt. went today? I'll be sure to call you later. :hug:

Oh my goodness, Ty! I am so sorry to hear this! I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now. :hug: Where did you get Peyton? If it was from a breeder, they must've had some sort of health check.... Pet stores are just a big no, no when getting puppies.

Oh Ty - I am sorry to hear about Peyton! You can rest assured that she is up in Heaven, eating all the crocs she can get her teeth in to! :hug:

Oh I'm so sorry to hear you lost your cute puppy! :( I believe she is at the Rainbow Bridge waiting for you, and when your whole family gets there, she will go to Heaven with you.

Rainbow Bridge - I really like that idea! :goodvibes

Not to hijack the thread, but it sounds like there may be some who haven't read the Rainbow Bridge poem. It gives me a sense of peace about my lost four-footed friends. Here it is:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Thank you everybody for your nice posts. Sorry I haven't responded appropriately. I am having a hard time getting over Peytons death. I have lost pets before, but never one so young and tiny and in such a tramatic way. I can't get the image of her struggling to breath out of my head. But finally today I do feel a little more at peace. I am able to look at her picture without crying and I made a little framed memorial of her. The Vet made an ink print of her paw for me right after she passed away, I included that in the frame.

The lady I got her from told me that I could have first pick of the next litter, which I think is very nice of her. She felt awful for what happened to Peyton.

My leg is still bothering me, I had a 3rd MRI done yesterday, the Dr. saw something when he looked at my last MRI that he hadn't seen before and wanted a closer look of the area. I should have the results in a few days, but according to him it should be a pretty easy fix.

I'm not sure if I am going t continue on with this PTR seeing as our trip has been pushed back to next September, I might just start a new one in the new year for that trip and maybe if I get time start a PTR for my upcoming December trip. Work has been busy, I am getting more hours then I want but I am not compalining, a little extra cash never hurt anybody.

Again thank you everybody for your posts, I will get better at answering each one individually.

And the Rainbow Bridge poem was beautiful, thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter