September 2010 PTR, My hidden agenda, muahahaha

Congrats on quitting smoking! Huge accomplishment, and so much better for your well-being. Look at little Reese!

Can't believe you wore your slippers.... That is hilarious!!!!

Good luck with the (not) smoking!

I'm so happy you quiting smoking!!! What a wonderful surprise to see when coming back to your thread!! Way to go girl!!!!

party: :jumping1: party:

I had surgery once when I was still smoking and it didn't turn out pretty for a while coming out of the anesthesia. They said I coughed and coughed for a long time when they took out my intubation tube, they had caught me! The one nurse didn't figure out that I was a smoker and was really worried, the other nurse knew. :rolleyes1 I was totally busted! :guilty:

The doctor told me I should quit before the surgery because it allows the body to heal better and quicker, the smoking inhibits the better recovery and immune system as well, so it would make me more prone to infection. Do you think I listened? :rolleyes:

Needless to say I eventually quit when I was ready, (about a year later) I needed to be ready for me and I was. I decided I didn't want my kids taking care of me while I was sick from smoking years later, and not to mention how bad my parents sound and smell from smoking all those years. :scared: I realized I smelled and sounded pretty bad myself from smoking, a smokers hack isn't the most appealing sound to your spouse either, :rolleyes: especially to one who doesn't smoke, never had.
So I decided it was time, and I did it! Six years ago on Jan. 27th on my DH's birthday. I was a total witch, but at least I was a witch who was getting healthier and wealthier from not buying them any more. :thumbsup2 :laughing:

Whoo-hoo!!! I'm so glad you quit smoking!!! :cool1:

You'll have more energy plus more money which means more Disney trips!!! :thumbsup2

Yay! One more thing you can say you've conquered!! I"m so proud of you!

Making progress in other areas too, and seeing victory??

You are a very talented writer- I love to read your stuff!

Thanks everyone for posting about me quitting my bad habit. I really appreciate the encouragement. I will try and answer each post soon, I just wanted to give an update.

I had my 2nd opinion today. He said I don't have as bad of ligament damage as the MRI people reported. He said there is a lot of scar tissue that tends to confuse or offset their findings. But he thinks from the pain I have been having, the discoloration in my leg and the muscle weakness and the tingling numb feeling all adds up to nerve damage, so he wants me to have a nerve study done. He said he doesn't like to do surgery for nerve damage because it tends to just make things worse, but they can do surgery to remove scar tissue that causes the nerves to stretch over and around which in turn gives me pain, but really it is too soon to even discuss surgery, the nerve study has to be done first.

I was hoping to get an idea of my future for Disney, I am still in the dark now. I see my ortho Dr. on the 28th of April and hopfully will get some answers then. I'm just ready for the pain to go away, I don't care how they do it, just do something and do it soon.

Sounds like a season in your life to practice the art of patience. Hang in there, Ty!!!

Sounds like a season in your life to practice the art of patience. Hang in there, Ty!!!
Thanks, I know I just need to be patient, and really Disney isn't my biggest concern. I just hate not knowing anything, everything is up in the air and I feel like all I have been doing is waiting for answers and then just ending up with more questions. It's been almost 9 months since my injury, I'm tired of hurting, I just want to cry and I feel so stupid about it. I know crying won't fix it, feeling sorry for myself or being impatient won't help either, I just can't seem to stop my self pity party.

But on a happier note we got a new puppy today, a 5 week old Chihuahua, an early sweet 16 gift for Reese. she named her Stevie.

Thanks, I know I just need to be patient, and really Disney isn't my biggest concern. I just hate not knowing anything, everything is up in the air and I feel like all I have been doing is waiting for answers and then just ending up with more questions. It's been almost 9 months since my injury, I'm tired of hurting, I just want to cry and I feel so stupid about it. I know crying won't fix it, feeling sorry for myself or being impatient won't help either, I just can't seem to stop my self pity party.

But on a happier note we got a new puppy today, a 5 week old Chihuahua, an early sweet 16 gift for Reese. she named her Stevie.

I can understand! We are right there with you right now. Moving back to the US with no job, and no clear answers even as to where we're going to live is disconcerting at the very least. We have, as a family, resolved to treat it as one big adventure, and wait expectantly as to what God will do next- He's always full of surprises- The good ones we rejoice with, the "bad" ones help us grow and trust more.

I'd love to see a picture of your new little addition!! Let's see the litte Stevie peanut!

:goodvibes, I am determined to find the positive here. thanks Liesa.

Positive things
1. I am learning so much about the innerds of a leg I could be an ortho Dr. and never need to go to school for it.

2. If I take the back roads to Hershey medical, it really is a nice drive with lots of pretty scenery.

3. A break from the normal every day routine is always a plus.

4. The Dr's office has readers digest, I don't have to subscribe now.

5. It gives me something to talk about:confused3

I do feel better, I really do, and I don't want to speak too soon, but.....even though it looks like my September trip is off for 2010, DH pinky promised an even grander trip in 2011, but I still get to go probably this December with a good friend of mine.

I will take pics of stevie tomorrow and post them.

You sound like me trying to come up with good things when I had my driver's license revoked.... LONG story...

By the time my 1 year suspension was over, it had grown to over 2 pages long!

:goodvibes, I am determined to find the positive here. thanks Liesa.

Positive things
1. I am learning so much about the innerds of a leg I could be an ortho Dr. and never need to go to school for it.

2. If I take the back roads to Hershey medical, it really is a nice drive with lots of pretty scenery.

3. A break from the normal every day routine is always a plus.

4. The Dr's office has readers digest, I don't have to subscribe now.

5. It gives me something to talk about:confused3

I do feel better, I really do, and I don't want to speak too soon, but.....even though it looks like my September trip is off for 2010, DH pinky promised an even grander trip in 2011, but I still get to go probably this December with a good friend of mine.

I will take pics of stevie tomorrow and post them.

I'm excited you got a new doggie!! :banana: Pictures are a must, so stop pouting and take pleasure in your new puppy and show us some picutures!! :cheer2: :hug:

Wow chicky! I've got a lot of catching up to do. I think I'm giving up on my pre report. I just don't have the time.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the slipper story. It was great hearing it again. Another one of my favorites is the van. When you were doing the road trip. The windows. Remember? I don't want to say anymore in case you post it, but I do remember peeing a little from laughing so hard.

Congratulations on quitting smoking! I wish I had your will power. I want to quit so bad, but it just isn't happening right now.

I'm sorry about your leg adventure. (have no idea what to call it) I believe everything happens for a reason. Maybe someday soon you will know what that reason is. But December? Hmmmmmmm, when in December? It seems to me I know someone else going in December.

I hope everything goes good for you with your leg. I know it has to be frustrating. Waiting sucks!!

You sound like me trying to come up with good things when I had my driver's license revoked.... LONG story...

By the time my 1 year suspension was over, it had grown to over 2 pages long!

I had to come up with a scenario in my head as to why your license was revoked, I wonder if my scenario is anything close to what really happened. But wow 2 pages long by the end of it?! I don't think mine will get that long.I have given up on my leg situation, I just don't care anymore, I will go where the Dr. sends me but I am so over trying to think ahead and guess the outcome.

I'm excited you got a new doggie!! :banana: Pictures are a must, so stop pouting and take pleasure in your new puppy and show us some picutures!! :cheer2: :hug:

The puppy keeps me so busy, I haven't even taken any pictures yet. It's like having a new born in the house. I get up with her twice during the night to take her potty and then she wants to play for an hour, if I try and put her back to bed before she is played out she just cries all night. She really is so dear though, She was supposed to be Rees'es dog but that lasted one night, she just doesn't want to take the the time to train her. no complaints though, I love her so much. She still doesn't have a name, poor thing, we had started out calling her Stevie, but we have a neighbor named Steve and Kent said he would feel wierd calling our dog stevie, so then Reese picked Peyton, but Kent said it was too yuppy. We thought about Phoebe, it just didn't stick, so for now we have been calling her the baby, Kent calls her Little bits and bit bit.
I will post pics this week.

Wow chicky! I've got a lot of catching up to do. I think I'm giving up on my pre report. I just don't have the time.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the slipper story. It was great hearing it again. Another one of my favorites is the van. When you were doing the road trip. The windows. Remember? I don't want to say anymore in case you post it, but I do remember peeing a little from laughing so hard.

Congratulations on quitting smoking! I wish I had your will power. I want to quit so bad, but it just isn't happening right now.

I'm sorry about your leg adventure. (have no idea what to call it) I believe everything happens for a reason. Maybe someday soon you will know what that reason is. But December? Hmmmmmmm, when in December? It seems to me I know someone else going in December.

I hope everything goes good for you with your leg. I know it has to be frustrating. Waiting sucks!!

I know what you mean about giving up on a PTR. I haven't been doing any real planning so there's not a lot to discuss here on the PTR boards, I'm just trying to keep it alive along enough to know what's gonna happen.

It looks like I am definitley not going in Spetember and as far as I know my friend Laura and I are going Dec 3-11. When are you going again? I suppose I could just go tot he first page of your PTR and find out.

Laura went and invited a friend of hers to go with us, totally bummed me out, I wanted it to be jsut the 2 of us, but she said she felt bad talking about it infront of her, so she asked if she wanted to go. I don't want to be the 3rd wheel, so I went and invited Marzi. (txted the invite, no word back yet) now Laura is telling me not to invite anybody incase her friend can't go. It's sticky right now. If her friend can go and Marzi can't I might have to invite my Mom. Maybe I won't invite anybody and just be the 3rd wheel and use that as kind of a solo trip for me. Time will tell.

I knew you'd be curious...

OK, here's what happened:

We had gone to Ecuador on a "short term" mission, and had put a hold on our car insurance to save money. When we got back, with all that was going on getting settled back in, we simply forgot to reinstate it. It was an honest mistake. But during that lapse, I VERY SLIGHTLY rearended someone. My car had zero damage, the other guy had a dented bumper- literally. But, he went and filed a police report. We paid him EVERY dime of what it cost him to get it fixed plus some, but the DMV wouldn't budge. We showed them passport stamps, receipts that we had given total recompension, etc... but they suspended me for a year. A YEAR!!!!! I had 3 kids under 7, one on the way, but so what, they said.

Do you know how many drunks NEVER get that sort of treatment?? I don't know, it just seemed a little over-the-top to me for an honest mistake, something totally unintentional and not a habitual thing. OK, I have to stop now, my blood pressure is rising, and this is 13 years later.

Hey Ty! How did your appointment on the 28th go?

Congrats on quitting smoking; that is awesome! :yay:

The appointment on the 28th went well, he set up my apptointment for the nerve study for me, that was on the 4th of May and then I met with my Dr. again on the 5th to go over the results. the perenial nerve is not damaged. that's great news, but now we are back to what is causing the pain in my leg again. Dr. Sullivan still thinks it's ligament and has pretty much said to wear the brace at all times and he will reexamine me in 3 months, but he wants me to have a follow up with Dr. Black, (the second opinion Dr.) to see if there is something else he wants to do since it was him who ruled out ligament and said it was nerve damage, his findings were wrong so he might want to scope the knee or just go along with Dr. Sullivan to just wait 3 months and reexamine. I see Dr. Black on the 13th of this month, so I guess I am still waiting, I'm getting really good at just waiting. :rolleyes:

I have to confess I have started smoking again, :guilty: I can offer up several excuses, but the fact of the matter is I just caved in. I will try again though.

I knew you'd be curious...

OK, here's what happened:

We had gone to Ecuador on a "short term" mission, and had put a hold on our car insurance to save money. When we got back, with all that was going on getting settled back in, we simply forgot to reinstate it. It was an honest mistake. But during that lapse, I VERY SLIGHTLY rearended someone. My car had zero damage, the other guy had a dented bumper- literally. But, he went and filed a police report. We paid him EVERY dime of what it cost him to get it fixed plus some, but the DMV wouldn't budge. We showed them passport stamps, receipts that we had given total recompension, etc... but they suspended me for a year. A YEAR!!!!! I had 3 kids under 7, one on the way, but so what, they said.

Do you know how many drunks NEVER get that sort of treatment?? I don't know, it just seemed a little over-the-top to me for an honest mistake, something totally unintentional and not a habitual thing. OK, I have to stop now, my blood pressure is rising, and this is 13 years later.

Wow, that was pretty drastic. 1 year!? I mean Really!? You are so right, I had a friend who got his 2nd DUI and only lost his lisence for 6 months, and 1 month jail time, which he was allowed out of jail 6 days a week to go to work.

Your crime, or I should say lack of crime did not fit the punishment you were given, I am sorry that happened to you. I bet you found some real creative ways to get around town though.

Ok everyone, here is my new puppy. We had originally named her Stevie, but Kent didn't like it because we have a neighbor named steve and Kent said he would feel wierd standing int he front yard, "C'mon stevie, go potty!"
So our puppy has been renamed Peyton. She is a pure bred Chihuahua, and will get to be about 7 pounds. she is a handful right now but learning quickly the do's and don'ts of living here.

Do go potty on the puppy pad
Do not chew my crocs!

peyton001.jpg

I am going to stop the payments on my reality check and just live here forever.

I love this :) I plan to do the same when I go in October, Madi & I could just live at Pop Century! Shamus can continue to work in Mass and then come visit us from time to time... oh to live in Disney would be surreal!

Congrats on quitting smoking! And that little pup of yours is gorgeous!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter