September 2010 PTR, My hidden agenda, muahahaha

Oh Ty! I'm so sorry to hear all this is going on with you. I know how important this trip with you and Kent was. It's so sweet that he loves you that much to say no. You must have really messed that leg up huh? No wonder it looked so bad on your trip. Your posters are right, Disney will always be there for you. I understand how you feel, 18 months seems like forever. But in reality, it's only a short time. You just go ahead and plan like you are going in September. Who knows, maybe it isn't as bad as they say.

Akuna Matata!!

I'm so glad to hear that you're being compensated!! It would have been really, really tough had you not been!

yeah, being bound to a certain doc is tough.

As for waiting... it's so very hard! I so totally know that!

The time seems to be going faster then I thought it would. I do little projects every day, today is sorting and matching socks day. I normally just go out and buy a new pack every few weeks instead of looking for matching socks, I can't wait to see how many pairs of socks I have at the end of the day.:lmao:

Susan, I say this because I know Ty doesn't mind. Jump in any time!! :goodvibes Tyler is a Senior at Vista Ridge, and he found out he's going to A&M. :goodvibes It's kinda funny because his girlfriend is already going to UT. :rotfl: If they marry, it will be a house divided for sure. :rotfl:

Nope, don't mind one bit.:)

Good for you honey, no sense in worrying, it does a body harm any way.
Yea, my stomache was starting to bother me, but not any more.

I'm very thankful for you getting some sort of compensation Ty. I hope that helps with the wait. :hug: I'll give you a call here soon since I know that your home. :goodvibes

It takes a while before the comp checks come, I will probably have my brace and be back to work before that happens, but it's something to look forward to. I've reworked my budget, (no $$$ going into the Disney fund right now) it will all work out in the end.

Hi! I hopped over from Dawn's TR and just finished reading the first page. What a guy you have there! I am bawling at work and my co-workers think I'm crazy. Stupid work has the pics blocked, so I'll have to go back and check them out when I get home tonight.

I can't wait to read more!

Hi thanks for coming over to read. I haven't been working on this PTR too much but I will get back to it soon.

Ohhh, I'm so sorry to hear about your blobbity blah! I hope you can still make it!

I hope to still make it too. I have faith that my blobbity blah will be ok.

I like this plan... :thumbsup2

No use worring about something that you have no control over... And better to have a knee 100% healed than to have one 75% healed and have problems with it the rest of your life...

Like my DH keeps on telling me, "Disney will be there next year for us to go. It's not going anywhere"... What he doesn't understand is I need Disney EVERY YEAR!!!:rolleyes1

Exactly, worrying won't fix it.
My DH says the same thing, "disney aint going no where, it'll be there in 2011, probably bigger and better by then."

Oh Ty! I'm so sorry to hear all this is going on with you. I know how important this trip with you and Kent was. It's so sweet that he loves you that much to say no. You must have really messed that leg up huh? No wonder it looked so bad on your trip. Your posters are right, Disney will always be there for you. I understand how you feel, 18 months seems like forever. But in reality, it's only a short time. You just go ahead and plan like you are going in September. Who knows, maybe it isn't as bad as they say.

Akuna Matata!!

Thanks Nikki, I keep thinking like I am going in september, so who knows, maybe it'll happen, if not then I will go in January. Either way I get to go so I won't belly ache over the whole thing. Part me thinks though that if I can't go in Sept, maybe I should skip January and put all that extra $$$ towards Disney with Kent in sept 2011. That would make alot of extra spending cash.

I haven't checked here in awhile and this was not the news I wanted to see!!! I agree with you know, no need to worry. Just keep your head up and what happens, happens. WDW will be there when you're ready for it! Take care of yourself and I'll pray for good news from the doctor! :thumbsup2

Exactly, worrying won't fix it.
My DH says the same thing, "disney aint going no where, it'll be there in 2011, probably bigger and better by then."

I just read that they closed Ariel's Grotto and Pooh's Corner and something else, I can't remember what, but they closed a 3rd thing...

And they're gonna be closing Toon Town soon...

So your DH is right, Disney will be bigger and better in 2011!!!:thumbsup2

I just read that they closed Ariel's Grotto and Pooh's Corner and something else, I can't remember what, but they closed a 3rd thing...

And they're gonna be closing Toon Town soon...

So your DH is right, Disney will be bigger and better in 2011!!!:thumbsup2

Yea, I read about that too. They are going to put in Pixie Hollow. I don't know when it will be up and ready but it sounds exciting.

I haven't checked here in awhile and this was not the news I wanted to see!!! I agree with you know, no need to worry. Just keep your head up and what happens, happens. WDW will be there when you're ready for it! Take care of yourself and I'll pray for good news from the doctor! :thumbsup2

The best news would be no surgery! But whatever the Dr. wants to do I won't fight it. I want a healthy leg, even if it means having surgery to get it there.

Continuing on with my planning. I called Mom today to discuss my costume for MNSSHP. We both decided that Bo Peep would be alot of material and probably not so easy to manuever around for rides. So I switched my costume to Minnie Mouse.
I told Kent that Woody would have to dump Bo Peep and go with Minnie. HE said sure, "That would be a great story for the Disboards tabloid."

I orginially wanted to be Minnie anyway. I couldn't convince Kent to be Mickey. oh well, at least he is going to dress up for this. He's usually a good sport about dressing up for things, he tries to give me a hard time, I guess it's the manly thing to do, but I know deep down he enjoys it.

They haven't released the dates for MNSSHP yet, I have no idea when they will. But I think I want to go mid vacation, or early on vacation. I once did MVMCP on our last night there and I thought, "Yea, I'm going out with a bang." But I was so exhausted the next day, I would have liked to have slept in a little instead of getting up early to pack and head home. So lesson learned there.

Kent and I discussed the whole possible surgery thing, he lifted his foot a bit, he is no longer saying "Absolutely no Disney if you have surgery." and has changed it to lets see what the Dr. says, We have until mid August to decide, I will know for sure how my leg will hold up by then. And I will take it super easy. I'm looking forward to taking it super easy ( I say that now)

I have a list of things that I must do this time, it's from my list of must do's from my last trip that I didn't get to do.

Toy Story Mania
Fantasmic
Festival of the Lion King

those are just a few to mention.

On our first family trip to disney, Kent didn't even go to Animal Kingdom, so there is so much to show him there. And our day at Hollywood Studios (MGM) we weren't sure what to do, we did a few things and then left, it wasn't until my second trip (girls only) that I discovered how much we missed out on, and then on my 3rd trip I discovered even more things, so it will be a whole new park for Kent. He never walked World Showcase at Epcot, he didn't do Soarin, it's all new to him, it's like I'm bringing a newbie with me:banana:

As long as I take it slow with him and don't rush him from one thing to the next I think he will learn to appreciate Disney. I have 2 days planned for each park, so that will keep it simple enough.

I am thinking about going to the parks early, like rope drop, staying until lunch time, probably eating lunch at the park, then heading back to the resort to hang by the pool or take a nap (Bow chick wow wow) no really I meant an actual nap.:angel: and maybe going back to the park a little in the evening, not shutting it down or anything.
I've also thought about doing evenings only, sleep in each morning and lay by the pool in the afternoon, then head to a park around 4ish and staying till closing.

Kent is thinking about switching the days up, like staying at the resort all day, going to a park in the evening, and then the next day maybe spending all day at a park and then spending the evening at the resort. I don't like his idea............time to rant

MEN!

well that was a short rant, I really thought I had more to say on the subject, but that was all I could come up with, really I think I summed it all up though yea?

If we spend the evening in a park, we'll be going to bed late, why would I want to get up early the next day and spend all day at a park? I like my idea best, breaking the day up will give us more rest. Dontcha think? Be honest!

I really am getting excited for this trip. Each time I start feeling like it won't happen, a Disney commercial comes on and it feels like a sign. I don't really believe in "signs" I don't base my life on them, it just gives me a little hope.

Kent said today that if our trip is postponed he knows I will have a great time in January with my friend Laura. She is still at Disney right now and a total addict now, she even told me on the phone that her and I at Disney would do some damage. It was so cute, she called me her second day there and said "I'm 5 years old today, I will be 5 years old tomorrow too, I will always be 5 as along as I'm at Disney, I don't want to go home." Amen! She was one of the poor disney clueless people who had to always listen to me go on and on about Disney, now she has joined ranks with me.!!!!!!:woohoo:

But anywhooooo, I am still holding out for this September with Kent. I need me some romance! Kent is not romantical in any way shape or form, he has tried in the past, I give him an A for effort, but he is just a country boy who never learned how to woo a woman. He's good looking and charming, helpful and endearing, but romantic? never!

My wedding proposal went like this?................
"You gonna marry me or what?"

He has never lived that down, I really thought by now, you know having our 5th wedding anniversary and then a 10th wedding anniversary that he might repropose and throw in some romance, but no. He once told me that for our anniversary he was gonna trap and tan a beaver for me. That was a proud moment for him, I like the thought behind it, because to him that is a great thing. but really a romantic proposal would be so nice. At Disney would be even better. I have dropped a few hints, but Kent doesn't really take hints that well. If I wanted a romantic proposal at Disney, I would have to buy the ring, bring it to disney and then hand it to him and tell him repeat after me..........

But I know that Kent being a Disney meh! kind of guy, taking me to disney for our anniversary is as romantic as he can get, and I will accept that, it's saying alot that he is even giving disney a second chance.

In the future I will be adding tidbits from our first trip to disney together (April 2006), just so you can get a true understanding about Kent and Disney and then you will truly know why I need this trip with Kent so badly.

I think it's romantic in it's own way!
Looking forward to hearing the background on the last trip

This is a piece from my first TR. Just to get you a glimpse. I refered to Kent as the Ogre quite often in this report.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are so close to the beginning of our magical vacation now I am not even aware that I'm crying until my DH tells me to simmer down. The kids are asleep in the back and they won't wake up, they are missing all of it. Then I saw the signs for Pop Century, oh yeah, this vacation is on. So I scream at the kids "wake up now, your wasting my hard earned money, look at everything cause I paid for it." We approach the gates, give our names and show I.D the the gate keeper smiles and says "Welcome home." Is that not the best way to be greeted? I love it. It was at this particular moment the Ogre (aka DH) made his appearance. "not even in the gate and they are brainwashing us he hissed, it's creepy, like the Stepford wives, they want us to be Stepford tourists." He is so busy spewing nasty filth about my beloved Disney he doesn't follow directions that he was given at the gate and he got us lost...in the parking lot...lost. Men, can't live with them, can't shoot them. So I flip out on him. "Why are you being such a craphead, you are ruining my whole trip, and now that we're lost you are wasting precious minutes of my vacation." I knew we weren't lost, we were just in the wrong parking lot. So I single handedly redirected us into the correct place to be. I said "everyone is going in with me to check in." That was met with some grief, I caved when I saw Jims bed head and allowed him to stay in the van, I saw no need to scare people with that. As we walked up to classic hall the tension between Kent and I was so thick, he didn't even hold my hand, he always holds my hand. Once we stepped into the lobby I had instant happiness, I was hoping Kent felt it too, but he parked his rear on a bench and didn't look at me, so I got in the long line for checkin.

Everyone around me was so happy and talking about their plans, one guy obviously had appointed himself the Disney know-it-all and was telling his fellow peeps why the dining plan was a waste of money for a second I questioned the Birnbaum book but only a second, I wish I would have written down some of the things he said, it was so ridiculous, I called Kent over to listen thinking this will put him in a better mood and it did, just the fact that the guy was so full of himself and then he anounced it was his first time there. So finally it's my turn, I step up to the desk and am greeted with a huge smile from the CM, all went smooth, then she told me that we had been upgraded to prefered location, I told her I paid for prefered location through my agent already, does this mean I get some cash back? Her eyes got huge and her fingers began typing like a banchee, then she ever so cleverly goes "aahh, uh huh, yeah, there it is, no sorry, my mistake." I didn't care, I was at Disney! she gave us our info pack, our keys, and a map that she drew all over showing us where everything was, I should have informed her I could read a map and her putting circles all over it was not necessary, but I stayed quiet cause truth be told I just wanted to get movin and start vacationing. We go out to the van and head over to the 50's, all of us grab suit cases and we head up to our room on the 4th floor, we go in drop our bags on the bed and I step outside the door to take my first real look at Pop Century. I had one of those feelings that no words could describe, we were facing the pool and Lady was on our left, Tramp was across the courtyard.

I never want to leave, I am going to stop the payments on my reality check and just live here forever. I loved the bright colors and the huge icons and the cool shaped pools and all the big phrases on the buildings, this place was brilliant, yay Disney, you did good! I went back into the room and we did the best we could to put things out of the way. I was ready to go when Kent said he was tired and wanted to stay there and we should go with out him, Cha! I don't think so, this is Disney, you can sleep at home, now let's go.

We decided to take the van, we thought it would be faster, we didn't realize we would have to park so far away then take a tram to catch the monorail to Magic Kingdom, it still wasn't so bad until everyone scrambled to get on the MR, it's like relax people, this isn't the only MR for the whole day. This guy was so close to me I could feel his breath on me, I kindly told him to back up an inch or two cause his steamy breath was scorching my hair. I don't know what part of that he didn't understand cause he didn't move. Once outside of MK we were ushered to the line to get our bags searched, thats when Kent had enough, "Sheeple, that's all we are, sheeple being herded from one place to the next." Looking back it was funny, but at that moment I shot him poison daggers from eyes. We got inside and it was a whole different world, nothing else mattered anymore, mortgage, car payments, deadlines, they do not exist at Disney. I always thought that once I visited Disney my attitude would be, did it, now I can die. But it wasn't like that at all. I could feel a molecular change in me, I am sure my molecules resemble little Mickey heads now. That is when the addiction began.

Passporter announced the dates for MNSSHP in Friday's newsletter:
In This Newsletter

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party Dates Announced. The 2010 Halloween parties at Walt Disney World will be held September 3, 8, 14, 17, 21, 24,28, and 30 and October 1, 3, 7, 8, 11, 12, 14, 17, 19, 21, 22, 24, 26, 28, 29, and 31, and November 1. Tickets are expected to go on sale May 1, 2010.

HOWEVER, This thread uses the MK hours to speculate on the dates and is now guessing at these dates (which differ from the "official dates" announced by Passporter): New "Tentative" Party Dates: For Sept, it shows 14, 18, 21, 23, 25, 28, 30
And from more rumors, it sounds like Nov 1st has been added

Hopefully that will help you out a little in your planning. We are looking at the 17th or 18th (only dates during our vacation), and have an ADR at LeCellier on the 18th that we'll have to change if the schedule changes :(

Wow, it sounds like your trip will be mostly all new to Kent. Won't you have fun showing him all that's wonderful in the world! The three attractions you mention that you've missed before are all great ones. You will be glad you have them on your "must-do" list.

Our proposal sounds much like yours! :rotfl: "Let's go to New Orleans and get married."

Now, off to read the 2006 highlights.

Passporter announced the dates for MNSSHP in Friday's newsletter:
In This Newsletter

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party Dates Announced. The 2010 Halloween parties at Walt Disney World will be held September 3, 8, 14, 17, 21, 24,28, and 30 and October 1, 3, 7, 8, 11, 12, 14, 17, 19, 21, 22, 24, 26, 28, 29, and 31, and November 1. Tickets are expected to go on sale May 1, 2010.

HOWEVER, This thread uses the MK hours to speculate on the dates and is now guessing at these dates (which differ from the "official dates" announced by Passporter): New "Tentative" Party Dates: For Sept, it shows 14, 18, 21, 23, 25, 28, 30
And from more rumors, it sounds like Nov 1st has been added

Hopefully that will help you out a little in your planning. We are looking at the 17th or 18th (only dates during our vacation), and have an ADR at LeCellier on the 18th that we'll have to change if the schedule changes :(

Wow, it sounds like your trip will be mostly all new to Kent. Won't you have fun showing him all that's wonderful in the world! The three attractions you mention that you've missed before are all great ones. You will be glad you have them on your "must-do" list.

Our proposal sounds much like yours! :rotfl: "Let's go to New Orleans and get married."

Now, off to read the 2006 highlights.

Thank you so much for this. The 28th looks to be good for us. I keep looking at allearsdotnet and so far they had nothing posted. Having the dates helps so much.

Kent and I talked into the wee hours of the morning about Disney. He sounds a little excited about this trip. I have to keep myself from talking about it constantly, I don't want to wear him out on it this far out. but I love it when he talks Disney to me:lmao: instead of the hmmm's uhuh's and yes dears. I need input from him, so far so good. He even said he will be more open minded this time and not judge it from the get go.

happy.jpg

This is one o fthe few times I caught Kent smiling, I didn't even have to say "Smile"
I remember our first trip as if it were yesterday. Our first ride was POC. Kent loved it.
the first QS meal of the trip was Pecos Bill, Kent loved that too.
Our first TS meal of the trip was Crystal Palace. Kent didn't love that so much. He didn't think there was a big enough of a variety of food, and what they did have he thought was a little bland, that's probably because he cooks everything using Old Bay.:lmao:

It was a hot day, after all it was April, the humidity was killing us all. Kent did have some happy moments. But it seems like we spent alot of time going, "What do you wanna do next?"

We didn't have a plan, I didn't have a computer back then, all my Disney knowledge came from the Birnbaum book.

We weren't even going to go to Disney, we had a trip booked and paid for already, it was a cruise to Bermuda, but the ex husband wouldn't sign the papers allowing me to take the kids out of the country, so my TA suggested Disney World. Kent agreed. I had wanted Disney World from the get go, I was the only one who wanted it, so once we switched to Disney, ( we ended up with 2 days more at disney then what we would of had on the cruise plus we got some money back) I was all over it. But I didn't know anything, no touring plans, was clueless about Fast passes and crowd levels. I only made ADR's because I called Disney with a question about the DP and I was told it would be a good idea to make reservations.
The trip was made at around 3 months out, that waiting was agony, now I make trips 6 months to a year out:lmao: that was nothing compared to now.

I never thought we would go back to Disney either so I tried to jam in as much as I could, I wore everybody out. It's funny that I remember trying to do as much as posssible but still missed out on tons of things. I still haven't done it all.

So anyway on this trip I do have a better plan, and that's not to shove Disney down Kents throat. I also want to let him enjoy it in his own way. If he wants to Baaaa and say we're sheople I should just let him have it.:confused3.
He is all about food, fish and chips to be exact, so I have 3 places in mind, I know the commisary at HS offers fish and chips, Columbia Harbour house is another and I know one of the pavillions in World Showcase is a fish n chips place. So if I make this trip around the things Kent really likes he will enjoy the trip even more. Subliminal messaging through food. Muahahaha!

" I always thought that once I visited Disney my attitude would be, did it, now I can die. But it wasn't like that at all. I could feel a molecular change in me, I am sure my molecules resemble little Mickey heads now. That is when the addiction began."

That's a great way to phrase it!!!
I had similar thoughts prior to our trip, but now it's all i can think about.

My dh accepted (and even enjoyed) the trip so much more because of the joy it put in dd's face. I'd bet if he goes in open minded he'll live it just because he sees how much it means to you

I am thinking about going to the parks early, like rope drop, staying until lunch time, probably eating lunch at the park, then heading back to the resort to hang by the pool or take a nap (Bow chick wow wow) no really I meant an actual nap.:angel: and maybe going back to the park a little in the evening, not shutting it down or anything.
I've also thought about doing evenings only, sleep in each morning and lay by the pool in the afternoon, then head to a park around 4ish and staying till closing.

But I know that Kent being a Disney meh! kind of guy, taking me to disney for our anniversary is as romantic as he can get, and I will accept that, it's saying alot that he is even giving disney a second chance.

My Dh felt once with the kids was enough. But he knows how much I love it there so he has gone back and sometimes with just me. Like Kent he is not a romantic and not a Disney fan (he doesn't hate it just would rather be vacationing in lounge chair all day) so I saw his agreement to going back as Romantic.

We followed the rope drop morning and afternoon by the pool or *ahem* resting in the room plan. It worked for both of us.

I always thought that once I visited Disney my attitude would be, did it, now I can die. But it wasn't like that at all. I could feel a molecular change in me, I am sure my molecules resemble little Mickey heads now. That is when the addiction began.

Love your description here too.

I'm so ashamed that it's taken me this long to get over here and caught up. :guilty: I loved reading your backstory about how you and Kent got together, and the tidbits from your first trip are so fun!

I love your back story about Kent. It's funny to hear about other DH's who don't really want to go, I have a husband who isn't crazy over Disney World, but goes because he knows how much the rest of us love it....well, dd10 and I love it everyone else likes it. :laughing:

I'm sorry I haven't called you yet, it's been a little busy around here, we're closing in on our dates and I'm still trying to get things done around here. I know that sounds crazy (well probably not here), but I've got Tyler's graduation soon after we get back and so I had to get all the plants for the yard planted last week, I won't be happy with what I plant (not grown enough to look like they've been around for a while) if I wait and I'm sure I won't have time to get it done when we get back, I'll be busy trying to get other things done for his graduation celebration. How's the planning going for Jim's? Oh that's right he wants a big birthday bash instead, right?

Who knew getting ready for a trip would be so nuts! Last time we went to WDW I didn't plant anything for our yard :sad1:, it was a load off my mind to not have so much to accomplish before we left, or anything to worry about in regards to plants while we were gone. It's a lot to ask someone to take care of all of those plants, but this time I have a wonderful neighbor who askes me to take care of her gardens and plants when she goes out of town, and since she's gone out of town a lot since she's moved in she owes me big time! In a good way of course. :goodvibes

Did I mention my daughter has a recital the day after we get back?!? :eek: Could her teacher have planned it any closer? :laughing: Oh well. :rolleyes:

Lots of great stuff there, Ty! It's so fun to hear the story behind the story, so-to-speak. :goodvibes I have a non-romantic too- until we get to a vacation spot. Then it's all about 'romance'. ;):lmao: In his mind, why else would someone even go on vacation?? and spend that much on a room....

I love your back story about Kent. It's funny to hear about other DH's who don't really want to go, I have a husband who isn't crazy over Disney World, but goes because he knows how much the rest of us love it....well, dd10 and I love it everyone else likes it. :laughing:

I'm sorry I haven't called you yet, it's been a little busy around here, we're closing in on our dates and I'm still trying to get things done around here. I know that sounds crazy (well probably not here), but I've got Tyler's graduation soon after we get back and so I had to get all the plants for the yard planted last week, I won't be happy with what I plant (not grown enough to look like they've been around for a while) if I wait and I'm sure I won't have time to get it done when we get back, I'll be busy trying to get other things done for his graduation celebration. How's the planning going for Jim's? Oh that's right he wants a big birthday bash instead, right?

Who knew getting ready for a trip would be so nuts! Last time we went to WDW I didn't plant anything for our yard :sad1:, it was a load off my mind to not have so much to accomplish before we left, or anything to worry about in regards to plants while we were gone. It's a lot to ask someone to take care of all of those plants, but this time I have a wonderful neighbor who askes me to take care of her gardens and plants when she goes out of town, and since she's gone out of town a lot since she's moved in she owes me big time! In a good way of course. :goodvibes

Did mention my daughter has recital day after we get back?!? :eek: Could her teacher have planned it any closer? :laughing: Oh well. :rolleyes:

It's nice that your DH takes you and the family to Disney, I'm glad that Kent is finally willing to give it another go, but it took so long for him to come around, I must have really scarred him bad on that first trip.:lmao:

Jim is now saying instead of a huge birthday bash, he wants a smaller get together with his close friends, maybe grill out and do some paint ballin, but he would like the money I would normally have spent on the huge bash to go towards a tattoo for him. He'll be 18 can't stop him from doing it and he said he would pay for half, so I guess we're doing that now instead.

I haven't planted any flowers or plants in my yard in years. About 6 years ago we had a flood and it pulled up all kinds of wild flower bulbs, I took those and planted them in my garden and they have taken over, it's like they garden themselves.:confused3

I hope your DD does great at her recital, hopefully she will still have some Disney adrenalin running throughher to keep her going.

I'm so ashamed that it's taken me this long to get over here and caught up. :guilty: I loved reading your backstory about how you and Kent got together, and the tidbits from your first trip are so fun!

No need to apologize here, I understand people have lives outside of my PTR:lmao:, heck, even I have a life outside of my PTR (this time) Just glad to have you here.:hug:

My Dh felt once with the kids was enough. But he knows how much I love it there so he has gone back and sometimes with just me. Like Kent he is not a romantic and not a Disney fan (he doesn't hate it just would rather be vacationing in lounge chair all day) so I saw his agreement to going back as Romantic.

We followed the rope drop morning and afternoon by the pool or *ahem* resting in the room plan. It worked for both of us.

Love your description here too.

I always wonder what it would have been like to take my kids when they were younger, would they had liked it back then, would like it now. We didn't get a big reaction from them for Kent to see, as a matter of fact my son Jim was just as cynical as Kent was.

I think the afternoon *ahem, naps is what's going to keep Kent involved with this trip. We don't have to worry about kids barging in and "waking" us up:lmao:

"
That's a great way to phrase it!!!
I had similar thoughts prior to our trip, but now it's all i can think about.

My dh accepted (and even enjoyed) the trip so much more because of the joy it put in dd's face. I'd bet if he goes in open minded he'll live it just because he sees how much it means to you

Yes, hopefully Kent will see my love for Disney and not some crazy lunatic that he saw last time. He is getting a little wiser with age, (he's still in training mode though)

Lots of great stuff there, Ty! It's so fun to hear the story behind the story, so-to-speak. :goodvibes I have a non-romantic too- until we get to a vacation spot. Then it's all about 'romance'. ;):lmao: In his mind, why else would someone even go on vacation?? and spend that much on a room....

I think my DH and your DH would get along great. Kent always says that anytime we have to get a room, even if it was an unplanned, had to pull over for the night because our car needs fixed, stay at a hotel, he doesn't want to "waste" it. MEN!:confused:

Small anouncement here.
I have quit smoking, I'm on day 3 right now and only feeling better about my decision. I had wanted to quit along time ago, I tried several times to quit but always broke down, what made my desicion stick this time is the fear of surgery.

I feel like if I am a non smoker, even if only for a few weeks by surgery time, I will do better. I have a huge fear of surgery anyway, so I think the healthier I am going in, the better I will do. Now if I don't have to have surgery then quitting smoking wasn't for nothing since I will be feeling better, more nergetic with each passing day, not to mention all the money I will save and can put towards Disney. Win, Win, win siutation here.

Now back to my PTR....

On our first trip to Disney, like I had mentioned before, I wasn't up on all the Disney things Disney does, like bus transportation to a from the parks, I knew they did that, bu tI didn't know how super grand and way easy it was. so we drove to our first park, it was problem free, just a lot of waiting for the tram, waiting for the monorail stuff, and it gave Kent a reason to complain, coming back from the park was one of the times kent lost it..

a tid bit from my APril 2006 TR......

We made our way back to the van, doing everything in reverse this time, the MR was less crowded, I even got to sit down. we forgot which row the van was in so it took some time to find, I was ready to just take anything closely resembling the van but Kent found it and we all fell into it, I think my bones creaked abit. It was so easy to find MK we thought going back to PC would be a cinch, ugh! we kept going in circles, at one point kent was threatening to just head home to Pa, we took the unguided backlot tour, there was a sign that said character audtions here> so I learned somthing, not just anyone can be in a suit, you gotta work for it, I wonder if they start you out in a small roll and then you get promoted to bigger rolls. I can picture perfectionist Petey just waiting for his shot at playing the big cheese, "Mickey". Every day he goes in and puts on his costume as one of the tweedles and says to himself "I am going to be the best tweedle dum there is, I will be the dumbest of all tweedles by golly."
we did make it back to PC and we were once again welcomed home by the gate keeper. Kent sighed, he knew there was no use in fighting it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We finally made it back to Pop, I thanked Kent for taking us the scenic route, his sense of humor was no longer with him so I just let it go...for a little while anyway.

alot of tidbits from later on in the day)
We got to our room and just flopped down on the itsy bitsy beds, my feet hurt so bad, the kids wanted to walk around the resort and even though they are old enough to go it alone, I wanted to be with them so we could experience for the first time together, so I grabbed my camera and we were off, we left Kent to rest...recover... "Don't worry about us dear, I can read signs and follow directions." I he gave me a finger gesture letting me know I was #1 (I think we all know what he really meant )

Walking around at a snails pace we took it all in, I was so in awe. Jim is a huge history buff, mostly when it comes to wars, but he was sucking up all the facts about music and such they had printed on signs all around the resort. I thinks the icons were a big hit with Reese, it was funny that she didn't know what an 8 track was, it brought up such kid memories of mine telling the kids about different things, 8 tracks were before my time, but I remember my parents selling theres at a swap meet when I was 5. Rubics cubes were big in my early years, my sister and I each had one, I pulled all the stickers off of mine, it was just a black cube then and I would joke about what a whiz I was at putting it back together, my sister would have me really mix hers up then she'd take it to her room, 20 minutes later she would come out with it completed, years later she confessed she would take it apart and put it back together one piece at a time. Cheater!!!!!!!!!!!! Years later my mom made us throw them away, she had heard that they were demonic we did as she asked and now she tells us she feels stupid for listening to and believing such nonsense.
We like the 70's part of the resort best, Jim tells us all the time he wishes he could of had his teen years in that era, he says they had the best music then, I totally agree with him on that, except for Metallica, they came out later and they rock!!! I named Jim after the lead singer, James Hetfield, but back to Disney. As we walked I still couldn't believe that it was true, that we were actually there in DisneyWorld, I called my older sister Bo, to rub it in, I could tell there was no jealousy coming from her and that made the call boring so I hung up and called my business partner, she was happy for me but not jealous, I guess I am the only one who gets jealous when others are off on vacation, or maybe I am the only one who will admit it.

I loved the big Mickey phone, I didn't take a picture of it and I don't know why, I thought I had but when I had my film developed, no phone, I was bummed, but My DH bought me one the following Christmas. He isn't always an Ogre.
We went back to our room, I kicked of my sandals and put on my memory foam slippers, Kent was just waking up from a nap, this guy doesn't do naps, so I was hoping he was a happy camper now, he asked about the resort then stated he was hungry, so we ordered a pizza. That was pretty good pizza.
We just kind of layed around and it hit me, I need to go back to Magic Kingdom now! I asked who was with me? the kids were but Kent said he had enough. Well that was fine, I grabbed my bag and a jacket and we headed over to catch the bus, I wasn't even going to try and drive there. while in line for MK we talked with a young couple who had just gotten in and hadn't been to a park yet, they were honeymooners we talked a bit about our plans, it's funny that you can discuss your plans with total strangers at Disney and you're not looked at as being wierd, you can't do that anywhere else. In line at the grocery store...
Me: I see you got peas in your cart, are you including peas in your dinner tonight?

Shopper: nods politley.

Me: I'm getting peas too, (show her my can) but I chose the store brand. I am putting it in my chicken pot pie, what are you putting your peas in, or is it just a side veggie?

Shopper: leaves and gets in a different line.

See? it only works at disney.

The bus comes after 5 mins waiting, we climb upboard, I want to sing, Reese said she'd leave if I did, so I hummed instead. The ride seemed shorter than when we drove. At the park we headed for tomorrowland because we had skipped it earlier in the day. We rode Buzz Lightyear, this was Jims favorite movie as a young'n, he enjoyed the ride, totally beat Reese and my score by triple. We then got in line for Space Mountain, I tought the line itself was pretty neat, but the SP kicked **s to quote my son. We rode 2 more times each taking turns to sit in the front.
Reeses legs were hurting her so I gave her tylenol and told Jim to take some as well it would cut down on how sore he would feel later, I anounced that I took some back at PC and my feet felt like they were on clouds, that's when Jim pointed down at my feet. "You have on your bedroom slippers Einstein." All of a sudden I felt naked, like I was doing somthing wrong, I was so stoked about getting back to MK I had forgotten to change shoes. I asked Jim how long he knew, he said from the time we were standing at the bus stop but didn't want to tell me cause he knew I would want to go back to the room to change.

I guess I kind of picked at Kent a little, I won't do that this time...well not a whole lot anyway, I mean after all, he's my man and my man needs affliction.

Here's a few pics from our first day.
momndadatdisney.jpg

On barnstormer, Kent did his Goofy howl on here.

jam015.jpg

Reese and I never missed a photo opp. Look at how young and little she was.

jungle.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter