Running on Fumes from Start to Finish

We've driven at WDW before and I actually think it takes a LOT less time than riding the buses! Sure, it's not as convenient when you have a drink or you just want to relax and not worry about it, but it saved time. I can't tell you how many times I have sat at a bus stop just waiting for a bus. I think DTD WAS one of the best places to drive to (until it started getting overcrowded) and once they get the parking garage made, I think it will be again. The buses back and forth to DTD take FOREVER!

I'm happy you are updating, I was in bed nearly all day with some sort of stomach/ulcer issue and reading helped keep my mind off it! Not super easy to reply on my phone, but happy to have it to read.

We've driven at WDW before and I actually think it takes a LOT less time than riding the buses! Sure, it's not as convenient when you have a drink or you just want to relax and not worry about it, but it saved time. I can't tell you how many times I have sat at a bus stop just waiting for a bus. I think DTD WAS one of the best places to drive to (until it started getting overcrowded) and once they get the parking garage made, I think it will be again. The buses back and forth to DTD take FOREVER!

In some ways, it really did. I think that driving from OKW or POR (they are right next door to each other) is easy if you are going to DTD, or DHS or even Epcot. MK though or AK is a bit harder. Mainly though, I guess MK is the one that is a pain because you have to then hit the TTC and monorail or ferry over.

I'm happy you are updating, I was in bed nearly all day with some sort of stomach/ulcer issue and reading helped keep my mind off it! Not super easy to reply on my phone, but happy to have it to read.

I have done that... read on my phone to try to keep up. Easy to do the reading part for sure... not to comment.

As for updating. :rolleyes: Yup, doing a great job with that aren't I. I really thought one a night would work... but alas I get home from work... pick up a bit.. get dinner going and bam it is just too late. I WILL get this done before the trip in 18 days. I WILL!!!

So I said I would do something and apparently I am a big old liar. :rolleyes: I really am sorry that I am doing such a bad job with this report.

More than half way done at least... that is good, right?

Starting off the day on 1/15 was a bit different than our mornings usually are while on vacation. I had a dishwasher, washing machine and a dryer. So what did I do? Yup, you guessed it. Chores. :rotfl2:

Honestly, it wasn't that bad. Just started up the machines.

Meanwhile, Steve and Alex both decided they were not up for the parks that morning. So Zoe and I caught the bus to MK to meet up with Kira and Josh.

Kira and Josh had already arrived and made it on one ride.

Zoe and I decided to stop for some pp pictures on our way into the park.

We then stopped at Starbucks to get me something. (I can't remember what I got. It is just in my notes that we went there next)

Now, if you have been paying attention. Just how many times have I been in MK this trip??? Not many. In fact, the only time before this was that scrambled night where I needed to meet them and I was running late. That was on 1/9 and this was now 1/15!!! I was in some serious need of some MK rides. Only having rode BTMRR once is just not enough!

We met up with Kira and Josh and were off to POT

Then it was time for BTMRR.

After the ride someone got a pressed penny. :rotfl2: Nope, I have no idea who. I wrote in my notes that we stopped to get one.

Next it was time to grab some grub. I knew where I wanted to eat. Involved some waffles and nutella. Little did I know at the time it was also going to include a squirrel.

Where do you get the opportunity to enjoy all of that? Sleepy Hollow.

This is such a yummy treat. Zoe and I split one. Soon we had a little friend join us and think he/she too was entitled to some sharing. At first he/she approached slowly somewhat in a cautious yet begging sort of way. I have a soft spot in my heart for all animals great and small. So I was dumb. I gave it a little piece. That was it. He/she was then intent on getting the entire thing. Caution was thrown out and soon it was sitting right next to me... almost grabbing it from my hands. I would move..it would move. As I jumped up it started chasing me around. I happened to be on the phone with Alex at the time. I started scolding the poor squirrel. I said a lot of "no's" as I tried to move away from the squirrel yet the squirrel was relentless. Alex was very confused. I forgot he was on the phone and suddenly I could hear him yelling at me to ask what on earth was happening. It brought me back to reality... and I stopped engaging the squirrel. Where were the other three actual people with me while my squirrel attack was happening? I think they may have been on the ground near by looking like this....

:rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao::lmao::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Next Up:1/15 - MK, Afternoon Tea and Epcot Part 2

After breakfast we walked into Fantasyland.

We decided to see Mickey's Philharmagic. I love that show. It was one of the very first things we did in MK and it was so magical. It is starting to look a bit tired but I still love it.

Once we were done Kira had to get something that was on her musts for the trip. She had been reading about a Pinocchio slush. She HAD to get one. So we went to Village Haus and there she got one.

And yes, it did in fact turn her mouth green. :rotfl:

We then walked over to the new fantasyland. We stopped for a few pictures inside of Gastons Tavern and the shop near by.

Then we moved on to the Big Top tent. First we saw the girls.....

Next the guys....

Only when we went to meet Goofy, Zoe and he had a bit of a show down. . There was the initial hug but after that he would poke her and she would poke him and it just kept escalating. I think she finally won.

Josh was totally excited to see Donald the snake charmer. He likes to think himself one after all. ;)

Next it was time for a fp+. Our first of the day was for at Buzzlight year.

After we were done we went to ride COP and then onto the People mover.

At this point we were starting to get hungry. We didn't all agree on what to have though. For me it was more about having a bit of time to sit and relax. Josh needed a burger. So the girls and I went to CHH and Josh went to Pecos Bills. We found a spot and then Josh brought his food to come and eat with us.

Meanwhile, Steve and Alex decided they had slept in enough and also came to Mk to meet up with us.

Next Up: 1/15 - MK, Afternoon Tea and Epcot Part 3

As odd as it is that we were all together again it was now once again time to split up.

The girls and I made our way here.

I honestly do not remember what the guys did. I don't know that the girls and I cared. ;)

We had a reservation for the Garden View Tea Room. It was a lovely time. Kira and I had the basic where you get the tea of your choice, sandwiches, scone with the "fixings" and two desserts. Zoe got the kids option that has chocolate milk instead of tea and the sandwiches are a bit more "kid friendly" By the end though we had so much sugar we were were just giddy. Zoe began singing "sugar, sugar, sugar.... rush" I think that is from Wreck it Ralph?

After we were done we went upstairs and purchased some bath balms from Basin. This was a neat purchase because of that big Jacuzzi tub we had in the room.

Then we took the monorail back to MK to find the guys.

I guess this is what they did with their time.

We had to go to guest services. (I think we upgraded Steve's ticket to an AP? I am not sure. I just have in my notes that we went to guest services)

on our way there we saw a bit of the parade.

We then had some different fast passes so split up again. Kira and Josh went to the jungle cruise while the rest of us went to HM.

Next I convinced the crew (sans, Kira and Josh since they were not done with jungle cruise yet) that we should see Country Bear Jamboree because it may end up being closed the next time we are back to wdw. (not legit rumor...just my own speculation and being tired of missing things only to come back and find that it is in refurb the next trip) Since I really do enjoy CBJ, I really am glad we went.

Next was another ride on BTMRR. I seriously can ride this all day long!

Once done with that we rode the train to the fantasyland station. We were all having a bit too much fun by that point. Josh and I have a strange relationship. It involves jabbing at each other. He is short... I am old. It is a game. Unfortunately, it can come across as disrespectful to those around us. This particular ride we sat next to a couple who did not appreciate that he was really making fun of the way I look. Ya know... being the "crypt keeper" and all. I don't remember exactly the banter but it led to lots of laughter and when Josh gets wound up he tends to be very :hyper: So he began to wave at those we passed by. Again... very staunch passengers near us were not at all amused. So when we got off the train. And we were falling over ourselves with laughter they barged passed us with the gentleman of the group yelling to the rest of his group "just go AROUND THEM" :rotfl2: Oh, come now... it is Disney. Aren't we all allowed to giggle a bit? Besides the evening was still young and we had lots more to do.

Next Up: 1/15 - MK, Afternoon Tea and Epcot Part 4

After we settled ourselves down we realized that the guys had to see the train stations restrooms. I mean, they are pretty cool restrooms. ;)

Then it was time to ride the Barnstormer. Josh took Zoe first since she was wanting to go. Then Alex and I decided that we too wanted to go. So we ended up in line not too far from each other..yet separate. I know that perhaps others would have just pushed up ahead to meet their group but I tend to want to "play by the rules" a bit more than that. So we waited our turn. Course, given Josh was involved I am sure that the people between us would have gladly let us through. He may or may not have still tried to carry on a conversation with us...despite the fact we were not right next to each other. :rotfl:

We had a blast riding. Alex being as tall as he is knocked his head good on the top of the ride. (seriously, there should be a "watch your head" sign when getting into the ride)

We then walked through the back path to Tomorrowland. I seriously love that pathway! We stopped to play some of the arcade games in the SM dump shop before moving on to Buzzlightyear.

I am not sure what was going on with crowds that night but it seemed like we were one of very few people in the park. We didn't have much wait at all and we were on the ride.

The old people...

The much more youthful people

And the apparently confused babies....

Then it was time to head out of the park. We had reservations to get to else where.

First a pp picture of us all together.

We all took the monorail to Epcot. There we split up. Kira and Josh had a reservation to eat at Teppan Edo while the rest of us went to La Hacienda.

The first thing I ordered was a margarita. One made with Rumchata. If you haven't tried rumchata.. OMG, YUM! Well, I guess only yum if you like horchata (like a rice milk with sugar and cinnamon) Rumchata has well... rum in it too.

It was really good. Maybe more of a holiday drink though...

LOVE chips and salsa!

Such a pretty restaurant inside.

Zoe ordered this...

Steve and I split this... sooo much food.

I do not remember what Alex ordered and I apparently didn't take any pictures.

Suddenly the lights dimmed.

While we didn't have a great seat to view illuminations it was still pretty cool to see glimpses of the show.

Once dinner was over we left the restaurant just in time to find Kira and Josh waiting outside for us.

We walked out of the park together and got one last shot of the night together.

We rode the bus back to OKW. We still had one thing left to do and that was get the car filled with gasoline before we dropped it back off the next day. So we left Zoe and Alex in the room and drove to DTD to fill up the tank.

With the tank full we returned to OKW and found Zoe and Alex already asleep. Steve and I went to our room and were out fast as well. It had been a long day!

Next Up: 1/16 - 3 Park Day Part 1

I'm so sorry I fell so behind Ann! I was away working at summer camp which was a blast, but totally off the grid! I've certainly missed DIS and my Disney planning all summer!

I enjoyed reading all your updates, especially the one about the suspicious couple at Biergarten and your MK day. Is that green top you're wearing Disney? Specifically, is it runDisney? Maybe I'm just imagining things but it looks cute!

Ann, I don't know how I missed that last set of updates. I'm on my way to an appointment now, but will read them when I get home tonight. Please forgive me.

Wow - I missed some major updating and now I can't remember everything I read.

OK, let's try -

Love Zoe's outfit and she looks so cute with Goofy. What fun pics!

GF tea looks lovely. I have yet to try it and I really need to!

Love the family PP shots. They are all wonderful.

Dinner looks great. I can't remember the name of that platter but I know Denny and I split it once and it was a TON of food.

Your drink looks interesting, but I can see where it would be more of a cold weather /holiday drink.

Cool pics of Illuminations even though you were a little ways from the window.

Pinocchio slush? I didn't know there was such a thing. It looks yummy!

Okay...I'm back.

I LOVE Zoe's dress...she looks adorable.

The look she is giving Josh on Big Thunder had me :rotfl:

Great photopass pics with the girls and the guys. :goodvibes

Love the sword picture with Zoe and Josh.

I've never had that treat you had with your squirrel friend. I'll have to let Mark know about that...he would love it.

I would have gone with you girls to Columbia Harbor House...I'm not a fan of Pecos Bills.

We thought of taking the girls to the Tea in June, but they are very, very picky, and I don't drink tea and the sandwiches just don't appeal. I'd like the dessert though. :rotfl2:

Glad you got to see Country Bears, and fun photopass pics on Buzz.

Nice that you at least got a little glimpse of Illuminations from your dinner table.

I'm so sorry I fell so behind Ann! I was away working at summer camp which was a blast, but totally off the grid! I've certainly missed DIS and my Disney planning all summer!

I totally understand! I just about get caught up with dis and then something happens and I am unable to go on for a few days and I am right back to square one. I hope you had a great summer!! Now for the planning! You do have a PTR going, right?

I enjoyed reading all your updates, especially the one about the suspicious couple at Biergarten and your MK day. Is that green top you're wearing Disney? Specifically, is it runDisney? Maybe I'm just imagining things but it looks cute!

The top is a RD shirt! It was the one I got after the race. It is a champion brand half zip with the donald half "logo" on it.

Ann, I don't know how I missed that last set of updates. I'm on my way to an appointment now, but will read them when I get home tonight. Please forgive me.

:hug: No worries! I am way behind on yours again. So you forgive me and I will forgive you ;)

Wow - I missed some major updating and now I can't remember everything I read.

My goal was to get the TR done before I left for CA. :scratchin I fear that is unlikely at this point.

Love Zoe's outfit and she looks so cute with Goofy. What fun pics!

Thanks. It was a great character meet. He totally interacted with Zoe. Not just a "stand and pose" sort of meet. It was awesome!

GF tea looks lovely. I have yet to try it and I really need to!

That is my second time doing it. I plan to do it again in October. I really enjoy it. You will have to try it sometime!

Love the family PP shots. They are all wonderful.

We truly got a lot of shots on this trip. I think sometimes we don't get our monies worth out of the pp... but this time I think we did. :goodvibes

Dinner looks great. I can't remember the name of that platter but I know Denny and I split it once and it was a TON of food.

It was a lot of food! I really enjoyed it too. My one complaint was that there was a LOT of the corn. I thought it was good. I liked it. I just didn't need quite so much of it.

Your drink looks interesting, but I can see where it would be more of a cold weather /holiday drink.

We were not that far outside of the holidays.. I wonder if it was just lingering on the menu from that. It was quite good though. I like rumchata. I had a bottle at home even.

Cool pics of Illuminations even though you were a little ways from the window.

It was neat to just be seated and kinda able to watch them.

Pinocchio slush? I didn't know there was such a thing. It looks yummy!

Yup. It was very bold tasting. I can't remember off hand what the flavor was. I did take a tiny sip and I remember thinking WOW. Kira loved it though and drank the entire thing. Remember it does turn the mouth that color.

I LOVE Zoe's dress...she looks adorable.

Thank you!

The look she is giving Josh on Big Thunder had me :rotfl:

He is so silly with her. The two of them can really get going.

Great photopass pics with the girls and the guys. :goodvibes

I am just glad that I opted to get the pp this time. There have been times when I really didn't think it was as good a deal. We seemed to get some good shots of us on this trip.

Love the sword picture with Zoe and Josh.

Somehow, I thought you might like this one. Seems like I have seen similar ones on your TR's. :goodvibes

I've never had that treat you had with your squirrel friend. I'll have to let Mark know about that...he would love it.

The waffle with nutella on it? OHHHHh so yummy. We make those at home on occasion. We just make sure not to have the squirrely company when we do. ;)

I would have gone with you girls to Columbia Harbor House...I'm not a fan of Pecos Bills.

Pecos Bills will do in a pinch for me but I far prefer CHH. I also kind feel like while the topping bar is a great deal at PB or at Cosmic Rays for that matter.... I worry that it may end up being ground zero for some strange disney plague.

We thought of taking the girls to the Tea in June, but they are very, very picky, and I don't drink tea and the sandwiches just don't appeal. I'd like the dessert though. :rotfl2:

The kids options really are pretty good. There has never been a complaint from Zoe. After all... chocolate milk and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. The adult ones though...well, yeah... they are a tad :crazy2: I never can eat the pear gorgonzola one. I have read about people requesting all of one kind. Looking at the menu just now though... it would seem that there are ala cart options so you could in theory just order press pot coffee and scones (or some other dessert)

Glad you got to see Country Bears

I am too. I am so afraid each time I do it will be my last.

Nice that you at least got a little glimpse of Illuminations from your dinner table.

It was pretty nice. Not a great view but not too bad either. It was a relaxing way to view the show. :goodvibes

Oh my word I missed a few updates! I swear I do not know if I am coming or going these days.

I have a love hate relationship with my phone, I will read updates, think I posted and NOPE, never did.

What a fun day. CBJ, some VERY serious Buzz action by the "old" people, super cute PP pictures, GF tea and a lovely La Hacienda dinner.

Evan loves Horchata, yes I can see it being kind of holiday ish with rum but yummy and perfect if it is cooler out. The PP pictures tell it all, lots of smiling happy people!

Total drag to have to go drop people off, go get gas and then head "home".

Oh my word I missed a few updates! I swear I do not know if I am coming or going these days.

You and me both! At least you have an excuse...I mean..business trip then dlh trip....

I have a love hate relationship with my phone, I will read updates, think I posted and NOPE, never did.

I like my phone to read...but it makes it hard if I want to do any kind of replies and forget an actual update.

What a fun day. CBJ, some VERY serious Buzz action by the "old" people, super cute PP pictures, GF tea and a lovely La Hacienda dinner.

It was a great day!

Evan loves Horchata, yes I can see it being kind of holiday ish with rum but yummy and perfect if it is cooler out.

Rumchata is pretty yummy and the drink made with it really was good.

The PP pictures tell it all, lots of smiling happy people!

We had such a fun time with all of us together like that. We may have made some around us uncomfortable at times with our happiness...but it will be a memory I have for a long time.

Total drag to have to go drop people off, go get gas and then head "home".

It wasn't too bad. Actually, I think I was surprised at how easy it was to find a gas station and to swing in and fill up...despite the fact that it was right across from DTD!

I totally understand! I just about get caught up with dis and then something happens and I am unable to go on for a few days and I am right back to square one. I hope you had a great summer!! Now for the planning! You do have a PTR going, right?

The top is a RD shirt! It was the one I got after the race. It is a champion brand half zip with the donald half "logo" on it.

Haha, right? I think I'm all caught up then I'm stuck off for a week and miss all the excitment!

Funny you should ask about a PTR- Cait has been on me to get it started. We'll be together this weekend so I think our goal is to have it up by then. Can't believe how quick that trip/race is creeping up on us!

I love it- especially that bright color!

Yeah! Another one I am all caught up again. :cool1:

It is just so fun to follow your whole family (sans your eldest son) on that vacation. And there were even a lot of food pics! Thank you, Ann, but now I am even more homesick for WDW! ;)

Haha, right? I think I'm all caught up then I'm stuck off for a week and miss all the excitment!

I think it is why I am not done with this report yet. I have not been able to get on dis daily.. and sometimes it is days. I can't believe it has been over a week now. Course with recent trip... it kinda explains the week off. I just am going to be playing catch up for a while.

Funny you should ask about a PTR- Cait has been on me to get it started. We'll be together this weekend so I think our goal is to have it up by then. Can't believe how quick that trip/race is creeping up on us!

Did you get it started???

I love it- especially that bright color!

Thanks!

Yeah! Another one I am all caught up again. :cool1:

Hopefully it was not hard to catch up and that the links helped.:goodvibes

It is just so fun to follow your whole family (sans your eldest son) on that vacation.

I do miss my oldest son and his fiance being around...but november it will be just 4 of us so I am super excited!

And there were even a lot of food pics! Thank you, Ann, but now I am even more homesick for WDW! ;)

:rotfl2: And my pictures are not very good! Just imagine what it does to us when certain someones have good pics they share. :lmao:

Are ya still with me? I am not sure if I am. :rotfl2: Life has been so very hectic. I will try to post an update tomorrow to my PTR... but at least let me get a small update done on this. Maybe I can get this one done before my January trip.

So the morning of the 16th, I needed to return the car. I was a little nervous about this. You see the night before mr. Josh had pointed out that the front bumper was seriously dented. :eek: Like someone had ran up onto a curb or something... I knew I didn't do anything but I also knew that when I rented the car I didn't note any damage. I was worried.

Luckily, I drove the car to the drop off and went in and that was all it took. No inspections nothing. All that was left to do was to wait for the shuttle driver to take me back to the room.

Once in the room, I made breakfast for Alex and I. It was nice having a kitchen but it would have been nicer had I thought of seasonings when I bought eggs and butter. An unsalted egg just isn't as yummy. :rolleyes:

We then all took a bus to DHS. Kira and Josh were already there. What were they doing? Well....

Somehow in that last one, I can't imagine that the person riding along side Kira is having a very good time.

Once we got to DHS, we of course had to hit Steve's favorite spot.

Writers Stop (sorry, no picture)

I wish he could have coffee in the room or while walking through the park but I suppose that if this is what makes a disney trip for him... then I will happily sit by as he sips his coffee.

Once we were all together it was time to do something new for Steve.

He LOVED it!! He did however agree it was not something I would enjoy.

Good!

So while they enjoyed their time on RNRC, I spoke to a DVC rep. I was really hoping to get a tour of the new GFV.

We then rode TSM. Finally, Alex was riding it! Poor kid is always sick when we go to DHS and while he still was in fact sick... at least he wasn't using his mug for things that need not be mentioned while riding back to the room on a bus. :sick:

Then we settled down to watch one of my favorite shows. The BATB show.

Steve had to step out during the show. He received a call that was quite startling. Someone (I believe) in Japan was attempting to make a $50000 (yes as in 50k) purchase with his corporate card. :eek: It was stopped and they got it all worked out fast and simple. Still not the call you want to get while on vacation.

As I mentioned, poor Alex was not feeling well so at this point he wanted to go back to OKW. So that is what he did.

The rest of us went on a walk to Epcot - our second park of the day.

Next up: 1/16 -3 Park Day Part 2

I will no long continue comparing how my days went to how I originally planned. It is so far in the past now I am lucky to be recalling how it went let alone how I hoped it would go. I also hope this can help me to power through the rest of this TR.

Thank you for understanding. :goodvibes

Reading from my phone so a limited response

Poor Alex- seriously no fun to be sick at HS!

OMG - to the credit card fiasco. That's scary. Good thing people always monitor for CC fraud

RnR looks like a blast.

Yay for a quick car return

Did you get to tour the VGF?

Reading from my phone so a limited response

I understand! Sometimes I try to read from my phone thinking that it will help me to get caught up and then I realized I can't use :goodvibes or :rotfl2: and I get frustrated and postpone commenting..then I get even mroe lost. :rolleyes:

Poor Alex- seriously no fun to be sick at HS!

It isn't and yet he always seems to get sick there. It think he doesn't leave my house enough and he has a fragile immune system because of it. He ALWAYS get sick on vacation.

OMG - to the credit card fiasco. That's scary. Good thing people always monitor for CC fraud

It was..but really I think they handled it well and fast. Recently my cc was copied and used and before much was even put in it the bank shut it down.

RnR looks like a blast.

I think they had a good time!

Yay for a quick car return

It did go much easier than I expected.

Did you get to tour the VGF?
:sad2: nope

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter