Running on Fumes from Start to Finish

Ann, fun and interesting update!

The way you described that couple I am guessing that you are right about the long distance affair. Research people...research! You would have known it's a restaurant where you all sit together (most German restaurants do).

We had a horrid meal at Biergarten our last visit (which I think was 2010?) and I'm truly sorry about that because we love the entertainment there. It's such a fun place.

You can certainly tell by the pictures that Josh is having himself one good time. I LOVE it!

And how sweet that he danced with Zoe. :)

Thanks, Kathy. I am trying really hard to get completely caught up (I still have yet to on yours) and get this report done before the august trip.

As for the couple... yeah, I don't mean to sound odd or judgy. It was just a vibe. Maybe it was all just an awkwardness because they were in such close proximity to a child. :confused: But then why go to Disney. Well, I know he was there for the race. She was there to support him. (see.. "support him" but they are only "work acquaintances" :rolleyes:)

The food really wasn't my favorite. I think I ate pretzels and had some dessert. It was a great atmosphere though and yes, Josh was very cute with Zoe.

We all had a great time being silly. Which sometimes I got in on...

But mostly just watched.

:rotfl2: You look just a little skeptical here, as if to say "what the HECK is going on?"

I've only eaten at Biergarten once and the food was OK. There are some people who LOVE all the stuff. I just felt really full when dinner was over. But I did love the entertainment. I thought they were really good.

Overall, looks like you guys were having a blast. And Yay :cool1: for girlie drinks!

:rotfl2: You look just a little skeptical here, as if to say "what the HECK is going on?"

I can often look skeptical or perhaps even cranky. :rolleyes1 I assure you mostly it is just my face...and no actual expression that has developed in response to anything. However, I think in this particular moment... I may actually have been thinking that exact thought. :rotfl:

I've only eaten at Biergarten once and the food was OK. There are some people who LOVE all the stuff. I just felt really full when dinner was over. But I did love the entertainment. I thought they were really good.

The entertainment was definitely fun. I enjoyed it all. The food though left me just kinda "meh".
Overall, looks like you guys were having a blast. And Yay :cool1: for girlie drinks!

We really did. I think despite the food not being my favorite, this has to be one of the best places to go as a large family/group.

And yes, girlie drinks are always :cool1::cool1:

We stayed for two shows the last time we went to Biergarten as well! My husband and his father LOVED it. I don't know how people cannot know tables are shared, I guess some people just walk into a place without knowing anything about it? :confused3

I haven't seen the Frozen stuff in Norway, so I have no idea what it looks like, but Disney is definitely cashing in on the Frozen frenzy! I should know, I named my kitten Elsa. :lmao:

We stayed for two shows the last time we went to Biergarten as well! My husband and his father LOVED it. I don't know how people cannot know tables are shared, I guess some people just walk into a place without knowing anything about it? :confused3

I am not sure how. I felt bad for them, I truly did. I tried my best to give them enough "space". The gal in particular seemed very put off to be eating next to us. Then again maybe she was just a little nervous since she already had had the server dump beer on her and didn't need our crazy bunch spilling anything else on her. :rotfl:

I haven't seen the Frozen stuff in Norway, so I have no idea what it looks like, but Disney is definitely cashing in on the Frozen frenzy! I should know, I named my kitten Elsa. :lmao:

You didn't miss much by skipping it. It was just in the old viking exhibit. So it really isn't a lot of stuff. Not like the displays of other movies that are at the end of the backlot tour. I just kinda feel it doesn't belong... animation area in DHS or even at the end of backlot tour fit better. That is just my NSHO ;)

I am trying to catch up on everyone's trip reports. It has been way too long that I have been on here. Biergarten is our first reservation on our trip. It is one of DH's favorites.

I am trying to catch up on everyone's trip reports. It has been way too long that I have been on here. Biergarten is our first reservation on our trip. It is one of DH's favorites.

I completely understand! It is very hard to keep up and am behind on my own threads let alone others...

We woke early to get a jump on the day. We had fast passes for TSM first thing so we planned to head to DHS after breakfast. So breakfast was in the room. Egg sandwiches were on the menu. I really liked the one bedroom at OKW. The space was almost too much. The washer and dryer were helpful. The full fridge was great. Once we get to the full kitchen though, I kinda feel like we lost a lot of the potential benefit. Even though I had purchased eggs and butter and english muffins - we had no salt. I know, I know... I should have grabbed some packets from hospitality house area. I am sure either Olivias or the counter service would have had something, right? Or even the store there should have had some. However I just overlooked it until it was time to make breakfast. It somehow just seemed not as "vacation" like to have a quick egg made and thrown onto a muffin. Plus who really likes to do dishes while on vacay? Still, it was quick easy and got out of the way what I felt to be the obligatory "meal in the room".

Once breakfast was done, we were ready to head out. Only by this point, Alex had the plague and didn't feel up to joining us. So Zoe, Steve and I hopped in the car and drove to DHS. The plan was to meet Kira and Josh and that is what we did.

So a family pic at the entrance to DHS...sans Alex.

Remember the fast passes we had. Well, here is the day we found we had some serious challenges. I had thought I would be talented and pick some for Alex and Zoe that I didn't pick for Steve and I (like ToT). With Alex not there we needed to change somethings. Only something happened. ToT went down. Do you know what happens (or did happen back in January)when a ride goes down at any point before you fast pass is scheduled for? Well, you get a free pass to any ride at any time. Ok great...so now some of us had this..some didn't. I couldn't change the ToT because it was down. It was interesting.

Soon enough though things were fixed and we were on our way here...

I feel so bad for Alex as he has only been to DHS when he has been very ill. Mostly he has skipped DHS on our trips (since we usually only plan a day or so) I think he has only rode TSM once and while on the verge of vomiting. (sorry tmi)

After the ride, we had to go get coffee at Steve's new favorite place to hang out in the parks. Writers Stop.

Then it was time to get some faces painted. Faces? ::yes:: faces. I know that we "technically" have only once child in our group but you all have to remember that Josh is like a child.

Then it was time for our ST fast pass. Of course there had to be more pics of Zoe and Josh.

We had a great ride sequence. Steve never had believed me that they are not always the same. FINALLY we had a different sequence for him.

After we left the ride and were walking away, Josh realized that he left his camera on ST. So he had to run back to see if it could be retrieved. Thankfully, it was exactly where he had left it. :goodvibes

The next thing we went to do was the animation academy again. This time we got to draw Donald.

From there, we went to ride on the GMR.

Finally, it was time for lunch and Alex was feeling up to meeting up with us. We had an ADR at 50's PT and it was a first for us.

Zoe and Alex each got shakes.

Zoe and I split the pork chop. It was really really good! I think this might have been my favorite meal of the trip.

Steve and Alex each got the sampler. They both really enjoyed theirs as well. So much so that Steve can't wait to go back.

Meanwhile Kira and Josh went to meet some boys

The shananigans were minimal from the servers. Although at one point I did see a sever with a stick poking through a whole in the wall at a family.

Maybe our server was too busy to hassle with us though since she was trying to deal with a family who was using the dp... but insisted they should be able to use a counter service credit for it.

After the meal was over we left with very full tummies and forgot our drawings from the animation academy. :rolleyes:

Next Up: 1/14 - DHS Part 2

Zoe's face painting is absolutely adorable. How cute is THAT? Love it! That made for some excellent pictures.

I will admit, I'm at work so speed ready, but you dinner looks and sounds wonderful.

Why would someone even think they could get a TS meal with a QS entitlement? Seriously, what is WRONG with people????

Sounds like a fun evening!

Poor Alex. Kid can't seem to catch a break in Disney!

Love the face painting. Zoe is too cute with her Minnie Mouse paint. Josh is too funny with his Perry Paint. Love that he gets into it even though he is "grown." Although in Disney we never truly grow up do we?

Your dinner looks great! I have never been to 50s Prime Time. My friend and I keep saying we want to go for the atmosphere, but don't care much for the menu. One of these days we will get there.

Zoe's face painting is absolutely adorable. How cute is THAT? Love it! That made for some excellent pictures.

Thank you. I thought it did too. I love the bold black and red :goodvibes
I will admit, I'm at work so speed ready, but you dinner looks and sounds wonderful.

I understand the speed reading... dinner was very good. I think that pork chop was the best I have EVER had.

Why would someone even think they could get a TS meal with a QS entitlement? Seriously, what is WRONG with people????

It just was unpleasant to hear. I am not sure why I am always so lucky to be near some sort of cm/guest debate. Not sure why people have such trouble with the dp. This particular time, the cm was trying to be very firm about how they had no ts credit to use on the meal. OH, and I think they even got adult meals for the kids..... :confused3 Another time I was within ear shot of a cm trying to explain how the gratuity worked and the guest was insisting it was all covered by the dp.

Poor Alex. Kid can't seem to catch a break in Disney!

He really can't. I swear it is because he never leaves the house. Then when we take him in public his immune system can't handle the outside world and POOF he gets sick.

Love the face painting. Zoe is too cute with her Minnie Mouse paint. Josh is too funny with his Perry Paint. Love that he gets into it even though he is "grown." Although in Disney we never truly grow up do we?

Josh is a lot of fun. He will never grow up...in disney or out. He is always just full of energy and life. He has been a great addition to our family

Your dinner looks great! I have never been to 50s Prime Time. My friend and I keep saying we want to go for the atmosphere, but don't care much for the menu. One of these days we will get there.

I have always avoided it because I didn't want to deal with the shenanigans and because the menu didn't seem appealing. That pork though... OMG!!!! YUM!!!

I apologize for my absence on dis. I just have been so busy with life. It is crazy! However, since I am now under 4 weeks till my next trip I HAVE to finish this TR. What do you all think? An update a night? Can you all handle that? I know my pace with this has been pretty easy to keep up with. I don't want to cause anyone any undue stress if I move quickly from here on out. ;)

So I will try very hard to finish one a night.... so here we go....

After our lunch at 50's PT, my guys were tired so wanted to go back to the room. I am pretty sure they took the bus back from DHS to the room while Kira, Josh and I went to the outlet stores. (I can't remember if Zoe went with us or with Steve and Alex)

This time, I had no trouble finding the mall. No weird side tracks and it was not long before we were there. Once we got there though, it seemed like EVERYONE decided it was the time to be there. We struggled to find parking. I think this made Josh a bit cranky. I am notorious for thinking I can find a "better" spot. I may circle a row a couple times thinking something will open up. I know... odd and not necessarily the best behavior. At least I own up to it, right? :rotfl: So when I missed a spot because it was a bit tight and I thought one better would be just around the corner... Josh was done. :rotfl2:

We did find one... just around the corner :rotfl: but as I said Josh was done. So we made it to the outlet mall and he was ready to leave before I even had stepped foot into the Disney store. :rolleyes:

So we found our way to the store and Kira and I did our best to hurry. Now, I am not one to get particularly cranky... but I felt myself a bit frustrated at this point. Darn it.... I wanted to shop a bit and there was a cranky male (not even MY male) who was getting in the way of that. So I quickly wrapped it up and said a curt "I am done". I think this made Josh realize that he was being fussy... which made me realize I was too. Thing about both Josh and I... because it is rare for either of us to not be pretty laid back, the fact that both of us were fussy... just made it funny. Before we were back to the car all was right with the world again and joking and laughter ensued.

We drove back to OKW and reunited with the rest of the group. From there we took a bus back to DHS.

First thing on the list was to go to RNRC. Steve had never been on it. With the special fp in hand. We decided that RNRC would be the best choice.

Steve decided he loved that ride. I still have not gone on it. He agreed thought that I probably would very much so dislike it.

After the ride it was time to get inline for Fantasmic. Kira and Josh had fp+ reservations for it. It was ridiculous. As they went up the "fast pass" line we went up the regular line. Guess what? We came out at the same time. So we of course sat together. We got some snacks and settled in for the show.

And let me present the worst Fantasmic pics ever...

As always, leaving the theater was a pain. So many people and so crowded... but we managed.

We then went back to OKW. We still needed dinner though. So we left Zoe and Alex in the room while the "grown ups :rotfl:" went to DTD.

Before we could stop anywhere for food, I had to look in Team Mickey. They were clearing out of the race weekend merchandise. We snagged some car stickers and a pullover half zip long sleeve tech shirt for me (that was like 50% off at least!)

Then we grabbed what we came for. EOS! Since my birthday was not very long before the trip I had a birthday sandwich coming. This made for a very inexpensive meal. We got sandwiches and some sides and some desserts. Then we drove Kira and Josh back to Pop. I know it seems like we are driving all over but it is almost shocking how close together everything actually is. In no time we had them dropped off and we were back to our own room. (first stopping to refill our mugs on the way in)

We then got plates out and sat around our very large (ok, so not large by real world standards) dinning table. I can't remember the specifics of what we got. Sandwiches, jello, fruit and some minnie cookies. It was all just perfect.

Not long after dinner we were all off to bed.

Next Up: 1/15 - MK, Afternoon Tea and Epcot Part 1

The plan...

1/14 -
Wake
Breakfast in the Room
Bus to DHS
Toy Story Mania
Animation Academy
Star Tours
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Lunch at 50’s Prime Time Cafe
Bus to OKW
Dinner in the Room
Drive to DHS
Fantasmic
Drive to OKW
Late Night Run
Bed

What we did...
1/14 -
Wake
Breakfast in the Room
Drove to DHS
Toy Story Mania
Writers Stop for coffee
Face Painting
Star Tours
Animation AcademyAFTER instead of before Start Tours
Great Movie Ride
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror Skipped
Lunch at 50’s Prime Time Cafe
Bus to OKWOnly for some while the rest took the car to the outlet store
Shopped at the Disney Outlet store
Drove back to OKW
Bus to DHS
RNRC
Fantasmic
Bus to OKW
Drove to DTD
Picked up Dinner at EoS
Drove to POP and then backt to OKW
Dinner in the Room at the end of the night rather than the begining
Late Night Run skipped
Bed

I think the day was better than planned!!!

Oh I am glad both you and Josh were able to laugh it off and make up before it really turned into anything. That is wonderful. It does sound like a lot of driving to me but also that you got a lot done and overall, it was a pretty good day!

I promise not to make you go on RRC

But I will!

Oh I am glad both you and Josh were able to laugh it off and make up before it really turned into anything. That is wonderful. It does sound like a lot of driving to me but also that you got a lot done and overall, it was a pretty good day!

I promise not to make you go on RRC

But I will!

It was, but really it wasn't. I am actually shocked by how close together everything is (well, except AK and AKL)

And thank you... no RRC for me. :rotfl: I will be happy to wait for you and watch for your photo to pop up!
:goodvibes

ACK! I've been busy myself lately and have gotten way behind on reports.

But, I'm all caught up now! :thumbsup2

Love the pictures of you guys at 1900 PF. We've never been there, but I'm a sucker for any kind of eggs benedict, so we may need to check it out.

The pictures of you and Zoe with Duffy are just too cute. :lovestruc I hate that the poor little bug got so upset about missing LWTL though. :(

We love Biergarten and have a post Goofy dinner planned there, but I know it's not everyone's style. My mom is German, so I have a love for all things German, including the food. It's a shame you had someone at your table that made things awkward though. I actually love the communal seating. When we ate there after our first marathon there was a family (a couple of goofy runners in that group) and two girls in their 20s who had run the half. So, we all had a wonderful meal together sharing stories about the races. It was one of the best parts of the trip.

Sorry to hear Alex didn't feel up to your morning at DHS. I can say that I"m not a huge fan of RRC. I actually love coasters, but I find that one to be pretty rough. It always jars my neck around. And, yet, I end up riding it every year. :sad2:

We've got a lunch ADR planned for 50's PT on the upcoming trip. We haven't eaten there before, so I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it and the food looks delicious!

Glad to be caught back up and ready to read more!! :goodvibes

ACK! I've been busy myself lately and have gotten way behind on reports.

You and me both!!!

But, I'm all caught up now! :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2

Love the pictures of you guys at 1900 PF. We've never been there, but I'm a sucker for any kind of eggs benedict, so we may need to check it out.

Thank you. I do really like it there. I am not a huge fan of eggs benedict...but omg there is just amazing!

The pictures of you and Zoe with Duffy are just too cute. :lovestruc I hate that the poor little bug got so upset about missing LWTL though. :(

She is not one to get upset over things. She is mostly a "go with the flow" sort of kid. For this reason it made it just that much more sad.

We love Biergarten and have a post Goofy dinner planned there, but I know it's not everyone's style. My mom is German, so I have a love for all things German, including the food. It's a shame you had someone at your table that made things awkward though. I actually love the communal seating. When we ate there after our first marathon there was a family (a couple of goofy runners in that group) and two girls in their 20s who had run the half. So, we all had a wonderful meal together sharing stories about the races. It was one of the best parts of the trip.

Don't get me wrong... I liked the aspect of dinning with others. I wish our companions felt the same way, but what can you do. The food wasn't entirely to my liking...but I wouldn't say I would never go back.

Sorry to hear Alex didn't feel up to your morning at DHS.

I just wish that one trip he didn't miss out on DHS time. I think he has yet to spend a full day there...or do everything that is in that park.

I can say that I"m not a huge fan of RRC. I actually love coasters, but I find that one to be pretty rough. It always jars my neck around. And, yet, I end up riding it every year. :sad2:

You are brave to ride it each year... me, I don't' just because of fear that it would jostle me around too much.

We've got a lunch ADR planned for 50's PT on the upcoming trip. We haven't eaten there before, so I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it and the food looks delicious!

It was so good. I hope you enjoy it!

I apologize for my absence on dis. I just have been so busy with life. It is crazy! However, since I am now under 4 weeks till my next trip I HAVE to finish this TR. What do you all think? An update a night? Can you all handle that? I know my pace with this has been pretty easy to keep up with. I don't want to cause anyone any undue stress if I move quickly from here on out. ;)

OH NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Totally stressed out here!!!!!! :rotfl2:

Hey - you go at the pace that's comfortable for you! If I have to catch up, I will!

Both lunch and dinner sound yummy! Yay for getting a birthday sammie!

See - leaving Disney property DOES make people cranky! :rotfl2: Glad all was right with the world when you when back to DHS for F!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter