ROFR Thread July to Sept 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait to get back in the action in the next few days here! Addonitis reared its ugly head after I was depressed over coming home last month, and we just agreed on a deal for a new contract! I could have just waited until it was sent, but I was too excited and there are very few people in my life who share my excitement over spending thousands of dollars on DVC lol! You'll hear more from me in the next few days!

EE_Mom---$147-$27670-175-PVB-Dec-0/18, 106/19, 175/20, 175/21- sent 8/19

We bought 185 direct at RR last year and this is our first resale purchase. Crossing our fingers!

I submitted mine about a week before you for 200 points at PVB for $139 a point, with about the same points left for each year. If mine goes through, you should be good.

The points were are getting in 20 are actually borrowed from 21 and will expire in Jan, so that’s why we aren’t paying maintenance fees for 20. We will only get 7 points for next year, so the contract is a little stripped. Works ok for us though.
Oh I see it now. Still good measure for ROFR on AKL

mmkmkmmf---$130-$42014-300-BLT-Mar-129/19, 300/20, 300/21, 300/22- sent 8/3
Newbie- quick quiz question-if anyone knows
There are other payments to seller other than the points purchased, in my case it would be reimbursing them for this year maintenance fees.
When considering ROFR will they subdivide this and add it on- to the contract's stated PPP?
Thx

Last edited:
There are other payments to seller other than the points purchased, in my case it would be reimbursing them for this year maintenance fees.
When considering ROFR will they subdivide this and add it on- to the contract's stated PPP?
Thx

On the contract it is not added into the stated PPP. At least on my contract it was not - it was a separate addendum to say I'd pay the MF.

You may want to do that to evaluate what you are paying. I'm sure Disney will consider this amongst other things like are there current UY points, etc when deciding on ROFR.

Thx
Disney will consider the exact terms of the agreement. So if you are paying 2020 MFs and they take the contract then they will have to pay bakc the seller the 2020 MFs. So from the standpoint of how will they consider it financially, yes, they will take that into account.

Thx

No, it is no, It is something decided between Buyer and seller as part of the deal.

So, you would base your offer on price per point, MFs and closing costs and then decide what you want to pay for each.

Lexxus379---$95-$14930-141-SSR-Jun-282/20, 141/21, 141/22-sent 7/14, taken 8/20

Sorry! I have a very similar contract pending but at $98 pp sent 7/21. I am starting to get worried.

I will also note that this is the first of the recent SSR contracts that I have seen bough back under 200 points. I also have a 175 point contract almost as fully loaded as this contract at $99 a point and my biggest hope was that Disney was only going after bigger contracts and letting sub 200 point contract pass through. At least now we know that is not the case. I feel like its almost time to start looking at alternate contracts for mine that very well may get taken.

Disney will consider the exact terms of the agreement. So if you are paying 2020 MFs and they take the contract then they will have to pay bakc the seller the 2020 MFs. So from the standpoint of how will they consider it financially, yes, they will take that into account.
Thank you for the prompt reply..

I will also note that this is the first of the recent SSR contracts that I have seen bough back under 200 points. I also have a 175 point contract almost as fully loaded as this contract at $99 a point and my biggest hope was that Disney was only going after bigger contracts and letting sub 200 point contract pass through. At least now we know that is not the case. I feel like its almost time to start looking at alternate contracts for mine that very well may get taken.
I have 100pt fully loaded at SSR for $102 that Im waiting on. sent 7/30 and Im anxious to see if they will take it

I'm guessing it's more of the timing right now that they need points to sell... Lower priced contracts were passing in July, while I didn't think mine was that good of a deal for SSR and still got taken.

I was also hopeful that smaller contracts would pass,. But now I have a feeling my 150pt SSR at $91 will be taken. Sent 7/14 so i might hear today or tomorrow.

Historically the larger the contract the less of a chance Disney had of taking it through the ROFR records.

Historically the larger the contract the less of a chance Disney had of taking it through the ROFR records.
That is interesting- From that I infer that Disney must maintain a contract intact- vs- emptying all exercised ROFR points into a pool for each designated resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter