ROFR Thread July to Sept 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what the dues are for Vero? I’m considering a small add on contract. I really wanted an on property add on but I can get more points at a lower price point so I’m considering it. Thoughts?

The number of contracts being taken today is terrifying me! 😱 Wondering if not hearing back today is better to avoid Disney's shopping spree. But then I start to wonder if the reason I haven't heard back yet is because they are contemplating buying my contract! I need to stop worrying so much about this :)

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the dues are for Vero? I’m considering a small add on contract. I really wanted an on property add on but I can get more points at a lower price point so I’m considering it. Thoughts?

Vero Beach dues are high, over $10 a point, which is the highest in the DVC inventory by a pretty good margin. Hilton Head may be a better option if you want to buy cheap points. Dues at HHI are still high, but a dollar less. VB is $10.13, HHI is $9.10.

$10.13 a point.

When considering Vero you want to factor in the dues for sure. If you are planning to use the points for cheap upfront cost points to use elsewhere, it can end up costing more in the long run if you end up keeping the contract until expiration.

The number of contracts being taken today is terrifying me! Wondering if not hearing back today is better to avoid Disney's shopping spree. But then I start to wonder if the reason I haven't heard back yet is because they are contemplating buying my contract! I need to stop worrying so much about this :)
It seems like a Th/Fri thing since they started buying things back. Mon thru Weds I was checking my email with hope, but today and tomorrow I’m gonna be concerned if my broker emails. I’m one day behind you...hope we both get some good news soon!

Vero Beach dues are high, over $10 a point, which is the highest in the DVC inventory by a pretty good margin. Hilton Head may be a better option if you want to buy cheap points. Dues at HHI are still high, but a dollar less. VB is $10.13, HHI is $9.10.
$10.13 a point.

When considering Vero you want to factor in the dues for sure. If you are planning to use the points for cheap upfront cost points to use elsewhere, it can end up costing more in the long run if you end up keeping the contract until expiration.
Thank you both. That makes up my mind. That’s too high. I’ll hold out longer. Addonitis is a tough drug to walk away from.

That is interesting- From that I infer that Disney must maintain a contract intact- vs- emptying all exercised ROFR points into a pool for each designated resort.
They can split up larger contracts if they want. It wouldn't surprise me if they make it a point to ROFR "units" within resorts that they already have some inventory of, because then they can combine those contracts and re-subdivide them as they please. I have no evidence of this, but it wouldn't surprise me.

They can split up larger contracts if they want. It wouldn't surprise me if they make it a point to ROFR "units" within resorts that they already have some inventory of, because then they can combine those contracts and re-subdivide them as they please. I have no evidence of this, but it wouldn't surprise me.
It would be smarter on their part to have a pool and subdivide as needed. Reading tea leaves a tricky business. lol

Apparently, all I had to do was complain today about my impatience in order to get ROFR waived!

Lovinallthingsdisney—$110–$23,024–200–BWV-Dec-94/19, 203/20, 200/21.
Seller pays 3/4 MF’ 20. Sent 7/13, passed 8/19
PixieDustBeliever---$110-$11000-100-AKV-Sept-0/19, 25/20, 93/21, 100/22- sent 7/14 passed 8/18
M- $130-$39,000-300-BLV-March-429/20, 300/21 sent 8/1
Newbie- quick quiz question-if anyone knows
There are other payments to seller other than the points purchased, in my case it would be reimbursing them for this year maintenance fees.
When considering ROFR will they subdivide this and add it on- to the contract's stated PPP?
Thx
Please reformat your string with the link in post #1 so it can go on the list! Thanks :)

All, please remember to use the magic link in the first post in this thread. Formatting by hand can be fun - similar to a swift kick to your favorite body part - but often leads to a bad string that can't be posted. Save yourself the hassle... use the link!

Please reformat your string with the link in post #1 so it can go on the list! Thanks :)

All, please remember to use the magic link in the first post in this thread. Formatting by hand can be fun - similar to a swift kick to your favorite body part - but often leads to a bad string that can't be posted. Save yourself the hassle... use the link!
Edited original post using magic link:

Boooooooo! Was really hoping to be a first time DVC owner. Time to start looking again.

berti13---$91-$15237-150-SSR-Aug-0/19, 150/20, 150/21, 150/22- sent 7/14, taken 8/20
This is making me so nervous!! We submitted an SSR contract on 7/16. 400 pts at $88/point 0/20, 281/21, 400/22. I'm really starting to lose hope. :(

This is ours. not holding out much hope!
lea2124---$84-$32525-360-SSR-Apr-0/19, 209/20, 360/21, 360/22- sent 7/21
Wow, really similar to what I'm waiting on. We can wait on pins and needles together. I think it's time to start saying my Our Father's and Hail Mary's. I'll pray for both of us!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter