ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any blogs or sites that keep data on ADOM? It feels like there are a lot of stale listings out there.

View attachment 836967

I've got break-even on a Net Present Value basis coming somewhere around 2053 if you never pay for housekeeping.

Impressive chart and analysis but I think the gap widens significantly when you are talking about 1 and 2 bedroom units. We pretty much always get 2 bedrooms and for a week in June that two bedroom at current rates would cost just over $19,000 for the the week starting June 8th. The points for a 2 bedroom villa is 390. The 2 bedroom suites through the hotel do not have laundry or a kitchen which is a huge deal for us. They also don't include free parking. Now the daily housekeeping is certainly nice but I'll take free parking over the housekeeping. All in all I feel the Villas are much superior to the hotel suites. With a delta of $16K between the dues and the rack rate, I think I'm doing pretty good.

Impressive chart and analysis but I think the gap widens significantly when you are talking about 1 and 2 bedroom units. We pretty much always get 2 bedrooms and for a week in June that two bedroom at current rates would cost just over $19,000 for the the week starting June 8th. The points for a 2 bedroom villa is 390. The 2 bedroom suites through the hotel do not have laundry or a kitchen which is a huge deal for us. They also don't include free parking. Now the daily housekeeping is certainly nice but I'll take free parking over the housekeeping. All in all I feel the Villas are much superior to the hotel suites. With a delta of $16K between the dues and the rack rate, I think I'm doing pretty good.

I've honestly never even looked at the suites on the hotel side. Any idea what a 1-bedroom rack rate for June typically is? Just curious as we hope to add on some VGC to get into the 1-bedroom villa down the road instead of studios. When I did my math, I've never compared to suite prices, just regular room.

Impressive chart and analysis but I think the gap widens significantly when you are talking about 1 and 2 bedroom units. We pretty much always get 2 bedrooms and for a week in June that two bedroom at current rates would cost just over $19,000 for the the week starting June 8th. The points for a 2 bedroom villa is 390.
The points chart seasonality is wild. That same 2 bedroom in July/August is 526.

The points chart seasonality is wild. That same 2 bedroom in July/August is 526.

I've been thinking that to. The seasonality is interesting, especially how they split up some months. But there's no perfect way to do it and overall i guess it mostly makes sense.

It definitely is but that's still only $4500 in dues vs $20K in hotel rate. It's still pretty much the $16K delta.

@ClaraOswald the cost for a 1 bedroom suite for a week starting June 14th is $16.5K right now. Interestingly, the 2 bedroom is only $3K more. The points needed for a 1 bedroom villa is 291.

It definitely is but that's still only $4500 in dues vs $20K in hotel rate. It's still pretty much the $16K delta.

@ClaraOswald the cost for a 1 bedroom suite for a week starting June 14th is $16.5K right now. Interestingly, the 2 bedroom is only $3K more. The points needed for a 1 bedroom villa is 291.
Nobody pays rack rate.

Are there any blogs or sites that keep data on ADOM? It feels like there are a lot of stale listings out there.
Closest I've seen is https://dvcsearch.com/ but they don't stop the days on market when one goes to pending, so if something is on the market for 3 days, but in escrow for another 40 as of today, it'll show today as 43 days. BUT you can pull the history on the same site and "some" of them show when it went to pending or if it sold multiple times...

Typically, it appears smaller contracts have a faster turnover unless Really overpriced.

WDW Couple—-$150-$15,000-100-PVB-Oct-100/23,100/24,100/25 - sent 1/18 - PASSED 2/8
WDW Couple - first, congrats on your new contracts! Be sure to use the "formatting" tool on page one of this thread (https://rofr.scubacat.net), since the Page One ROFR Summaries have everyone use the same calculations, which include closing costs and maintenance fees paid by Buyer, for the actual dollar amounts?

Nobody pays rack rate.
While generally I agree with this for studios, it doesn’t necessarily apply to VGC families who have to travel at very specific times of the year.

Also, I have never seen the larger suites that compete with villas at a discount.

Last edited:

That's crazy!! I just looked up a 1-bedroom suite on youtube and it doesn't look nearly as good as the 1 bedroom villa. No kitchen, no laundry, no second bathroom...no thanks!!
Nobody pays rack rate.

Well, there's no way that's accurate. Aren't there several times a year when no discount is offered therefore people ARE paying rack rate?

That's crazy!! I just looked up a 1-bedroom suite on youtube and it doesn't look nearly as good as the 1 bedroom villa. No kitchen, no laundry, no second bathroom...no thanks!!

Well, there's no way that's accurate. Aren't there several times a year when no discount is offered therefore people ARE paying rack rate?
Totally agree. The suites (other than the specialty suites) are vastly inferior to the villas.

The rate I quoted is the only one available for that week anywhere. No discounts, that's what you would pay today to book it. The third party booking sites don't have access to the suites for that week. I can't ever remember seeing suites on the third party sites.

Thanks. I tried searching the week we're going in June just to see prices but I guess everything must book up really far in advance for summer. I guess didn't realize the hotel side of the the GC filled up like that. Surprised they even offer discounts on the place at all when they must not have that hard of a time filling rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest