ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We passed ROFR on 3/19 and received closing documents from Mason Title yesterday so things seem to be moving quickly. I immediately got everything in the mail so, depending on the seller, we may be closed next week. How long did you have to wait after closing until you had your points in your account?
I’m at day 9 post closing. Contract appeared on the site last night, points aren’t loaded yet.
For info. on other’s waits join this thread :)
https://www.disboards.com/threads/closing-time.3392820/page-230

Pangyal---$102-$20454-180-AKV-Dec-0/17, 180/18, 180/19, 180/20- sent 2/20, taken 3/22

I wasn’t surprised. It honestly doesn’t bother me (even though this is the second try within the last few months and both were taken) since we already have a ton of AKL points. I’m willing to be patient and keep trying at a lower price point.

Pangyal---$102-$20454-180-AKV-Dec-0/17, 180/18, 180/19, 180/20- sent 2/20, taken 3/22

I wasn’t surprised. It honestly doesn’t bother me (even though this is the second try within the last few months and both were taken) since we already have a ton of AKL points. I’m willing to be patient and keep trying at a lower price point.

Sorry it got taken.

Sorry it didn't pass @pangyal , that would have been a fantastic contract, good luck for your next attempt pixiedust:

I know. We offered asking price and felt it was too low to ignore. We’re not in any hurry so doesn’t hurt to see what happens. Clearly the seller was desperate to sell the points. I know it’ll be the full 30 days+ and will be very surprised if it passes. I like the idea of trying out low $ contracts until something sticks.

I’m with you. I expect that they’ll take this one, but I’m in no hurry.

Sorry it got taken. Wonder if the new flexible use year thing will end up with more contracts being ROFR’ed.

Sorry it got taken. Wonder if the new flexible use year thing will end up with more contracts being ROFR’ed.

Without a doubt. Now they can repackage the points in any configuration they want (break up a 500 point contract into 10 50-point contracts) and reassign the use year for the waiting buyer.

I keep coming back to why have use year at all. But they do for members, even if they don’t for themselves anymore.

Mason Title has been great for us! We passed ROFR on 3/8, received closing docs on 3/11 and closed 3/20. I think we probably could have closed sooner, but the seller has taken over a week to return both the accepted contract and the closing documents. Marcelo has been our contact and he's been excellent - I hope you have a similar experience!

Newbie here who just passed ROFR this week. :) But this above quote caught my eye, and I don't understand how you could have gotten closing documents 3 days after passing ROFR. After passing ROFR, doesn't Disney have to go through the Estoppel process, which can take another 20 days? Seems unlikely Disney could have completed that process and closing documents been pulled together in a matter of three days. I'm just trying to understand because this doesn't match what I've been told otherwise. Glad yours has moved fast for whatever reason! :thumbsup2

Newbie here who just passed ROFR this week. :) But this above quote caught my eye, and I don't understand how you could have gotten closing documents 3 days after passing ROFR. After passing ROFR, doesn't Disney have to go through the Estoppel process, which can take another 20 days? Seems unlikely Disney could have completed that process and closing documents been pulled together in a matter of three days. I'm just trying to understand because this doesn't match what I've been told otherwise. Glad yours has moved fast for whatever reason! :thumbsup2
Congrats on passing!
Estoppel seems to be moving fast these days. We had ROFR waived 3/12 and had closing docs on 3/17 (a Sunday) through Jeffrey Sweet. ROFR was only 12 days for us. The closing thread has many other contracts going through fast as well. We weren’t at all ready for it to be this fast so just sent the check today...

Last edited:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/closing-time.3392820/page-230 If you check this thread you’ll see a lot of contracts move from passing ROFR to closed & recorded pretty fast. The difference in timing seems to be dependent on the speed of the buyer & seller getting their doc.s back and which title company you are using - some title co.s move much faster than others.
A couple of years ago ‘estoppel’ after ROFR was a huge bottleneck lasting in some cases over a month, I wasn’t buying during that estoppel slow down, but remember reading about it.
For the 3 resale contracts I’ve purchased in the last 7 years using 3 different title companies I’ve not experienced a significant delay due to estoppel once all documents have been received by the title company.

Congrats on passing!
Estoppel seems to be moving fast these days. We had ROFR waived 3/12 and had closing docs on 4/17 (a Sunday) through Jeffrey Sweet. ROFR was only 12 days for us. The closing thread has many other contracts going through fast as well. We weren’t at all ready for it to be this fast so just sent the check today...

We are using Jeffrey Sweet too, so if our timing is consistent with yours (I assume you meant 3/17 instead of 4/17), we might get our closing documents tomorrow. <fingers crossed>

I’ve been watching this post and holding our breath but found out today that we passed! This is an add on to our direct AKV points.
Mom2m&k---$117-$9270-75-AKV-Feb-0/18, 0/19, 75/20, 75/21- sent 2/27, passed 3/12
Congratulations!

LynzyLady2019---$100-$17280-160-AKV-Jun-0/18, 32/19, 160/20- sent 2/26

This is incredibly nerve racking, watching other folks with very similar prices and points get passed within a few days. It feels like that means they are going to take ours :(
Any word yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter