ROFR Thread January to March 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
NLW814---$89-$14954-150-SSR-Mar-0/17, 201/18, 150/19- sent 02/15, taken 3/26

Next try...
NLW814---$92.5-$17321-170-SSR-Mar-0/17, 153/18, 170/19- sent 3/27

Ugh. This doesn't bode well for my contract either. Good luck on the next one!

Ugh. This doesn't bode well for my contract either. Good luck on the next one!

I will refer you to last year where apparently you and I were buying BLT at the same time. I didn't know this until I was looking up data to share with you because I remember feeling deflated when others were hearing back before me. Little did I know that you were one of those "others". That's crazy. :)

ajjonesehc---$109-$17079-150-BLT-Mar-0/16, 0/17, 0/18, 150/19- sent 6/14, passed 6/23

texanlawyer---$115-$12150-100-BLT-Oct-0/16, 100/17, 100/18- sent 6/13, passed 6/23

TexasChick123---$100-$20700-200-BLT-Jun-0/17, 214/18, 200/19- sent 6/9, passed 6/27

Look at the sent versus passed dates. I thought mine was getting taken for sure because you and @texanlawyer heard back 4 days before mine with you both sending in contracts after mine, but mine passed as well. I had to wait 2.5 weeks, and you two waited 9 and 10 days respectively. You never know...

I will refer you to last year where apparently you and I were buying BLT at the same time. I didn't know this until I was looking up data to share with you because I remember feeling deflated when others were hearing back before me. Little did I know that you were one of those "others". That's crazy. :)

ajjonesehc---$109-$17079-150-BLT-Mar-0/16, 0/17, 0/18, 150/19- sent 6/14, passed 6/23

texanlawyer---$115-$12150-100-BLT-Oct-0/16, 100/17, 100/18- sent 6/13, passed 6/23

TexasChick123---$100-$20700-200-BLT-Jun-0/17, 214/18, 200/19- sent 6/9, passed 6/27

Look at the sent versus passed dates. I thought mine was getting taken for sure because you and @texanlawyer heard back 4 days before mine with you both sending in contracts after mine, but mine passed as well. I had to wait 2.5 weeks, and you two waited 9 and 10 days respectively. You never know...

Yeah I've spent way too much time pouring over old data... and came to the conclusion that there's really no correlation between how long to wait and whether they will take it or not :P

You're right. We were very surprised at how quickly ours went through. Yours was a steal of a deal at the time. I should have been clearer in my post regarding the SSR points, though. I'm not concerned about the time, rather the price point and points on the contract. I agree that you never know, however. Fingers are still appropriately crossed.

I would love to see prices like that right now!

You're right. We were very surprised at how quickly ours went through. Yours was a steal of a deal at the time. I should have been clearer in my post regarding the SSR points, though. I'm not concerned about the time, rather the price point and points on the contract. I agree that you never know, however. Fingers are still appropriately crossed.

The good news with SSR is that there is no shortage of contracts out there if you really want to own there. I do not know if I will bid on another SSR contract if this one gets taken. I may start looking more to add on the few additional

BLT points I want or do nothing and just keep the money for now. It is very nice to not be in a "must buy" situation this time. I know no one MUST BUY DVC points, but I felt like I had to buy last year. :rotfl:

I would love to see prices like that right now!

Me too!!! :thumbsup2

The good news with SSR is that there is no shortage of contracts out there if you really want to own there. I do not know if I will bid on another SSR contract if this one gets taken. I may start looking more to add on the few additional

BLT points I want or do nothing and just keep the money for now. It is very nice to not be in a "must buy" situation this time. I know no one MUST BUY DVC points, but I felt like I had to buy last year. :rotfl:
Ha! I know what you mean there. We had quite a few animated discussions about SSR vs BLT and ended at SSR for cost effectiveness. We'll probably revisit a lot of those same talking points if this one gets taken.

Last edited:
Just got our closing documents for the OKW contract that did pass :) Still waiting on another one for ROFR and we're almost going on 3 weeks :(

Still, although the whole process does take time it has been very smooth from the beginning. Can't wait to officially get our first ever DVC and get familiar with the DVC owners site.

Very exciting except for actually paying for it :D

Have any of you gone through DVC Magic Resale? Thoughts?
I bought my first contract through them last year. Communication was slow, but the price was good. I got the call on passing rofr on 9/16. That was after I was after it was submitted on 8/2. When the deeds were recorded, Disney waived rofr on 9/5 per the record on the recorders site. There was a hurricane at this time, so I give a little slack, but communication in general was poor. Since the closing could not be before mid October nothing was slowed down, I just had some more anxious days. In the end I closed on the contract on time at a good price, so it was positive, just stressful.

Good luck. Just got word Disney passed on my AK. $100pp Sent 3/8. Just heard today. Thought it was a goner since my OKW only took 9 days to pass and others with similiar AK contracts were taken.

Tin foil hat theory time!!! Perhaps all the ones submitted from 3/7-3/13 or so that definitely didn't meet the specifications of the contracts they would buy back were told yesterday about passing. Maybe they had the ones they had to actually review which were submitted around the similar time period of March looked over with more scrutiny in a meeting yesterday. Today, people are hearing that decision from the ones that "required further review". Isn't it fun to speculate when we have absolutely no idea?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter