• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread April to June 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am beginning to think they are watching this thread and making those of us who are on pins and needles wait even longer.
That is what I though the last go around. I don’t know why but I am more relaxed this time around....of course I am only on day 10 right now. I imagine when I hit next week I will be a bit more impatient.

I'm new here, but have been following this thread like a hawk for weeks and wanted to share my good news!!!
Can't believe they waited until DAY 30, and after all this time I can't believe we passed! This is our first ever DVC contract too!!!

Cathy C---$108-$26225-235-BWV-Dec-2/17, 235/18, 235/19- sent 4/17, passed 5/17
Congratulations and welcome

disneyeveryyear---$100-$17493-160-SSR-Jun-0/16, 0/17, 320/18, 160/19- sent 4/27

I was honestly hoping that $100/pt made it a slam dunk and I would hear quickly. I figured the difference between $97 and $100 was less than $500 and with the '17 points banked into '18, that was great because we want to take our kids DS24 and DD20 and DS's GF24 to VB in March, and with our current point situation those banked points were necessary.

However, here I sit on day 22 with 4/27 people hearing, and SSR people hearing and I am still waiting :headache:
Any new yet? Sending pixie dust your way

Right? The average wait time posted in the January ROFR thread was much shorter. Put is this way, I'm willing to bet there are no bonus/incentives awarded for efficiency in the DVC ROFR department (If they haven't been outright given the "go slow" order)

I'm wondering if ROFR has been instructed to slow down this month to frustrate resale buyers and try to get people to buy direct in time for the "special" they're running that ends "at the end of May." No matter the "special" they're running, it's not good enough to make up for the thousands of dollars we are saving by trying to buy resale. So it doesn't so much matter for us, but who knows for other people.

What boggles my mind the most is there is nothing on the internet about how or what the process is Disney uses to either take or pass on a contract. It's so strange, like isn't there a DVD / ROFR department disgruntled employee anywhere that can "spill the beans" on their thought process.

Pretty sure their memories are erased like in the movie Paycheck.

I'm wondering if ROFR has been instructed to slow down this month to frustrate resale buyers and try to get people to buy direct in time for the "special" they're running that ends "at the end of May." No matter the "special" they're running, it's not good enough to make up for the thousands of dollars we are saving by trying to buy resale. So it doesn't so much matter for us, but who knows for other people.

What ‘specials ... at the end of May’? :confused3

Just hit the two week mark. I’m really hoping everyone on the 4/27 train starts hearing this week, and that it’s all good news for everyone. I seriously wonder what on earth happened in the ROFR department. They were passing on contracts in no time at all, and now suddenly they want the full 30 days on everything.

thumper729---$97-$16065-160-SSR-Dec-0/17, 9/18, 160/19- sent 5/21
Round 4 (1 attempt last year and 3rd attempt this year) Let's see if this one passes... went up a little in the price per point.. really only 320.00 more for points than my last contract Disney took... Last one was at 95.00 per point- this is at 97.00 per point... Pass it Disney...look right past it... you don't need this one...

My guide kept reminding me that the buy now and get last year's points "for free" would be ending at the end of the month. I think all that means is that if I were to buy direct, they would give a me a contract and a UY that gave me the 2018 points.

My guide kept reminding me that the buy now and get last year's points "for free" would be ending at the end of the month. I think all that means is that if I were to buy direct, they would give a me a contract and a UY that gave me the 2018 points.

Ah. We did receive that ourselves on a 75 pt BWV contract we purchased at the end of April but it was explained not that it was a special for the month of April but that it was because we bought a UY sufficiently in advance so the points had not yet passed the banking window.

DVCnews keeps info on what the specials are at any point in time. So, DVD raises the base price $6/point in late Jan and changes the "incentives". DVD then makes a big deal about the discounts especially prior to the end of one promotion. But there will be another at some time - probably starting June 1st. If it's more or if it's less will depend on how they feel sales are going. I have the info from the previous incentives somewhere but think it wasn't too different than what was offered this time around.

Here is what DVCnews.com listed that is ending May 30, 2018:

"No Frills In Latest Direct Purchase Incentive
Written By Tim Krasniewski. February 02 2018 Posted In Financial News

Disney Vacation Club is keeping things simple in its latest round of purchase incentives. No gift cards, no free annual passes, no Disney cruises--just a few dollars off the list price of each point purchased.

Since the incentives were last refreshed in October 2017, two noteworthy things have happened: DVC raised the cost per point and Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows has exited active sales.

Despite having only two properties to market--Aulani, Disney Vacation Club Villas and Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge--DVC incentives are rather modest, offering a Developer Credit based upon the number of points purchased. The credit starts at $750 and rises to a hefty $25,000 for buyers willing to invest in at least 1,000 DVC points.

As of January 17, the base price for Aulani and Copper Creek is $182 per point, up from $176 per point. Here are some of the cost reductions available to new members by resort:

New Buyer
Aulani and Copper Creek
150 points: Buyer receives $1,000 Developer Credit
175 points: $2,500 Developer Credit
250 points: $5,000 Developer Credit
300 points: $6,500 Developer Credit
1,000 points: $25,000 Developer Credit

Incentives are similar for existing DVC owners wishing to add to their membership. However incentives begin at just 125 points, a lower threshold than is offered to new buyers.

Current Members Adding-On
Aulani and Copper Creek
125 points: Buyer receives $750 Developer Credit
175 points: $3,000 Developer Credit
250 points: $5,000 Developer Credit
300 points: $6,500 Developer Credit
1,000 points: $25,000 Developer Credit"

Well, I mean, if that's really the case, they're going to have to start making decisions here soon. We are considering CCV, but only if we don't get PVB currently in ROFR. If we don't hear back before the incentives expire, and the new incentives are worse, we would be much less inclined to get CCV.

Well, I mean, if that's really the case, they're going to have to start making decisions here soon. We are considering CCV, but only if we don't get PVB currently in ROFR. If we don't hear back before the incentives expire, and the new incentives are worse, we would be much less inclined to get CCV.

That process won't work on me. I bought my initial and 2 add ons direct from DVC, but I won't buy another 150 pts. from them, not at this price point. If this one gets taken, I will just keep looking resale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter