ROFR Thread April to June 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
No surprise; but they sure made us wait long enough

Samucy---$83-$19333-210-SSR-Dec-7/17, 210/18, 210/19- sent 4/9, taken 5/21

Here's one for the record books! Ten days ago, I put an offer in on a PVB listing, December use year and it was accepted. Within two hours, the contract was signed by us and the seller. Off it went to ROFR. The Big Wait... Today I get a call from the agent, she tells me she's sorry, but the seller thought she had a December use year, but it was actually September!!! As we are already December use year members, I had to let it go. It was a nice contract too, 67 banked points. Oh well, back to the hunt!

So they kept you waiting more than the 30 days? How is that possible?

If they don’t reply within the 30 days then isn’t the waiver implied?

Wow! That is an incredibly long time. Ugh! DVD, get your act together! Sorry they took it after all this time.

Here's one for the record books! Ten days ago, I put an offer in on a PVB listing, December use year and it was accepted. Within two hours, the contract was signed by us and the seller. Off it went to ROFR. The Big Wait... Today I get a call from the agent, she tells me she's sorry, but the seller thought she had a December use year, but it was actually September!!! As we are already December use year members, I had to let it go. It was a nice contract too, 67 banked points. Oh well, back to the hunt!

That's crazy! That stinks. I juggle two UY's now and will have 3 if this BWV passes. I like different UY's for different resorts. However, I don't plan on having different UY's for the same resort. Good luck on your hunt!

So they kept you waiting more than the 30 days? How is that possible?

If they don’t reply within the 30 days then isn’t the waiver implied?
30 days isn't the max time Disney has....it's the minimum time you have to give them.

Did your broker submit later than 4/9? In a normal real estate transaction the party with ROFR doesn't get extra time by claiming: yes we received it on …… date but didn't have time to start looking at it until 2 weeks later. So the clock starts 2 weeks later.

Sorry you had to wait so long!

Yikes! Might be a good thing they are selling. Not so good for you though that they didn't know what they owned. :(

Did your broker submit later than 4/9? In a normal real estate transaction the party with ROFR doesn't get extra time by claiming: yes we received it on …… date but didn't have time to start looking at it until 2 weeks later. So the clock starts 2 weeks later.

Sorry you had to wait so long!

DVC isn't under any time limit like that. It's actually that you have to give them at least 30 days from closing. In general though they are pretty good about replying in 30 days or less but they aren't outside of any time limit if they take longer.

OMG - 42 days? I think that is the longest I have seen.

I am so sorry. How disappointing for you.

Had sorta the same thing happen, but it was the listing agents website that had the wrong UY listed. Made an offer, and the seller countered with a price we could live with. Got the contract by email and the UY was different from what was posted, so we didn’t sign and started looking else where. We weren’t to happy with the agent, who never even apologized for their error. I could only imagine the earful they got from the seller for such a silly mistake.

Had sorta the same thing happen, but it was the listing agents website that had the wrong UY listed. Made an offer, and the seller countered with a price we could live with. Got the contract by email and the UY was different from what was posted, so we didn’t sign and started looking else where. We weren’t to happy with the agent, who never even apologized for their error. I could only imagine the earful they got from the seller for such a silly mistake.

Yeah, the contract had December UY. It was the title company that caught it. Mistakes happen.

Yikes! Might be a good thing they are selling. Not so good for you though that they didn't know what they owned. :(

DVC isn't under any time limit like that. It's actually that you have to give them at least 30 days from closing. In general though they are pretty good about replying in 30 days or less but they aren't outside of any time limit if they take longer.

Surely there is an upper limit? :furious:

It was sent on 4/9 and Disney notified on 4/12 of receipt.
When it actually transfers to Disney on the recorders site,you can search by transferee, I would be curious when Disney signed there rofr. I had one pass last year and the actual document shows Disney letting it go 10 days before my agent let me know. At this point it doesn’t matter for you but I am not always convinced it is Disney being slow on the front or the back end of rofr.

30 days isn't the max time Disney has....it's the minimum time you have to give them.
Still trying to figure this out.
If 30 days is ‘the minimum time you have to give them’, what does that mean ...... ‘to give them’?

What recourse does the buyer have if Disney has not decided in 30 days ..... can the buyer withdraw the offer?

If not, then what does the 30 days really mean?? Sounds like it means absolutely nothing.

Thanks; I find this very confusing ....thanks for the enlightenment.

Still trying to figure this out.
If 30 days is ‘the minimum time you have to give them’, what does that mean ...... ‘to give them’?

What recourse does the buyer have if Disney has not decided in 30 days ..... can the buyer withdraw the offer?

If not, then what does the 30 days really mean?? Sounds like it means absolutely nothing.

Thanks; I find this very confusing ....thanks for the enlightenment.

You have to specify a closing date on the contract that is at least 30 days from when it is submitted to the ROFR department. Then, DVD has until the closing date to exercise ROFR if they so choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter