ROFR Thread April to June 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
After losing 2 OKW contracts in a row to ROFR we were going to try a different resort but figured we'd give OKW one more shot. Perhaps 3 times a charm. Waiting for it to be sent to ROFR but it's 260 points at 90pp with 220 points available this year. Paying up a bit more than previous attempts so hopefully that will satisfy the ROFR gods.

After losing 2 OKW contracts in a row to ROFR we were going to try a different resort but figured we'd give OKW one more shot. Perhaps 3 times a charm. Waiting for it to be sent to ROFR but it's 260 points at 90pp with 220 points available this year. Paying up a bit more than previous attempts so hopefully that will satisfy the ROFR gods.
I hope you are correct with 3 times a charm. We are on our third try and our current attempt is similar to yours, 90 pp OKW but ours is 230 points with an Aug use year. What is your use year?

I’m no expert, not even close but I think you’re okay at 100 pp. Do you know if Disney accepted your contract on 4/27 or it was sent to them on 4/27? Maybe that could be why it’s taking you a bit longer.
From your mouth to God's ears.
I reached out to my broker the other day and she said they should have put it into their system the day they received it. That is all I know.

I hope you are correct with 3 times a charm. We are on our third try and our current attempt is similar to yours, 90 pp OKW but ours is 230 points with an Aug use year. What is your use year?

Good luck. Ours is April use year.

Tomorrow is day 21 for my BLT contract. I think they’re just taking longer to let people know. I’d be surprised if they took mine. Not saying it can’t happen, but it isn’t like I’m getting the deal of the century or anything. ;)

Trying to convince the Hubs to purchase a small (50-75pts) contract at BWV but he doesn't seem that interested lol. I'm hoping to join this thread some day if the right contract catches my eye! Anyways, I've been looking at the post with what everyone has been paying and wanted to see if anyone knows what the direct price is for BWV currently?

Trying to convince the Hubs to purchase a small (50-75pts) contract at BWV but he doesn't seem that interested lol. I'm hoping to join this thread some day if the right contract catches my eye! Anyways, I've been looking at the post with what everyone has been paying and wanted to see if anyone knows what the direct price is for BWV currently?

$171 per point

Tomorrow is day 21 for my BLT contract. I think they’re just taking longer to let people know. I’d be surprised if they took mine. Not saying it can’t happen, but it isn’t like I’m getting the deal of the century or anything. ;)

I agree with you. Tomorrow I am either on day 10 or 21. Ha. Broker claimed the clock started on 4/30 when everything was sent to Disney, but then emailed on 5/11 saying Disney alerted them in terms of starting the ROFR process. Good luck to you this week!

I agree with you. Tomorrow I am either on day 10 or 21. Ha. Broker claimed the clock started on 4/30 when everything was sent to Disney, but then emailed on 5/11 saying Disney alerted them in terms of starting the ROFR process. Good luck to you this week!

Mine was sent in on 4/30 as well, so I may also be on Day 10. I never asked my broker this time when Disney emailed them that they started ROFR on it. Honestly, I’m not stressing about it. If they take mine at $135pp, then BLT is just too high for me right now...or maybe forever.

Mine was sent in on 4/30 as well, so I may also be on Day 10. I never asked my broker this time when Disney emailed them that they started ROFR on it. Honestly, I’m not stressing about it. If they take mine at $135pp, then BLT is just too high for me right now...or maybe forever.

I hear ya. This is my first time with the process and I just want to know when I can officially try again. So it’s not so much stressing, but impatient-ing. Maybe we’ll both hear this week.

I hear ya. This is my first time with the process and I just want to know when I can officially try again. So it’s not so much stressing, but impatient-ing. Maybe we’ll both hear this week.

Funny thing is that I barely even knew ROFR existed when I bought my first contract. I should’ve done more research... The agent mentioned ROFR to me, but I just thought it was a rubber stamp-type of thing. By the time I was buying my BLT contract, I was stressing big time and so mad when they took some of mine before the one I now own passed. This go around, I don’t really care. It’s a lot of money that I will happily keep if it doesn’t work out. However, I do already own points, so it’s less stressful now just because of that fact.

I am also not worried about whether my VGF contract passes ROFR; it's just that ... the 124 points that expire 7/31 are most likely going to be unusable/unrentable by the time they hit my account. Sigh. Then again, the price I negotiated did take that into account, so it's really not something I should be too upset about.

I would have thought my pvb contract was safe - in fact since the offer was accepted instantly without counter I wondered if I didn't bargain hard enough. Not stressed exactly, there are plenty of other deals out there. Just impatient and annoyed at what I think is a transparent ploy to make resales less attractive to potential buyers.

Good luck All this week!

I would have thought my pvb contract was safe - in fact since the offer was accepted instantly without counter I wondered if I didn't bargain hard enough. Not stressed exactly, there are plenty of other deals out there. Just impatient and annoyed at what I think is a transparent ploy to make resales less attractive to potential buyers.

Good luck All this week!

Resale is definitely not as sexy as Direct and frankly it’s brutal but I have way more time than I do money (even though my nerves are shot). :rolleyes1

Meanwhile a friend of mine and her mom both bought points at AKV and BWV....passed ROFR in 4 days back in January & February. She doesn’t understand the struggle. o_O

Resale is definitely not as sexy as Direct and frankly it’s brutal but I have way more time than I do money (even though my nerves are shot). :rolleyes1

Meanwhile a friend of mine and her mom both bought points at AKV and BWV....passed ROFR in 4 days back in January & February. She doesn’t understand the struggle. o_O

Right? The average wait time posted in the January ROFR thread was much shorter. Put is this way, I'm willing to bet there are no bonus/incentives awarded for efficiency in the DVC ROFR department (If they haven't been outright given the "go slow" order)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter