• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread April to June 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no rhyme or reason to when they send it. As a PP said, they are all sent one email at a time. They can send one email to your broker at 8am for a contract that passed that was sent on 4/25. Another email may come in at 5pm the same day or 12pm the following day for one sent in to Disney on 4/25. It is an antiquated and tedious process for sure. As I stated before, I once got an email stating I passed ROFR on a Monday afternoon. The ROFR waiver was attached and was dated for that Friday before. Looking down the email thread, and sure enough, the notification email went to my broker maybe 5 min before she sent it to me. They need to hire more people to handle ROFR, but they won’t because they make no money off of the sale except the estoppel fee. :headache:

In your case, I assume the drunken monkey passed on it late on Friday (after some heavy drinking,) and then had to wait until Monday for someone who could use the computer to come in to actually type the email.

kboo---$150-$15742-100-VGF-Aug-0/16, 124/17, 16/18, 100/19-124 pts expire 7.31- sent 5/17

Good luck!

We finally got one through! Woo hoo! Our AKV contract passed ROFR today! YES!!!!!! Of all the contracts we’ve tried to purchase, this was the ONLY one that ever matched our Poly UY, so we’re thrilled! :banana::thumbsup2:cheer2::cool1::figment:

I’m on team 4/27, so let’s hope there’s more good news on the way!

For reference that was 160pts $104pp Oct. UY. Full points from 2018 forward.

Last edited:
We finally got one through! Woo hoo! Our AKV contract passed ROFR today! YES!!!!!! Of all the contracts we’ve tried to purchase, this was the ONLY one that ever matched our Poly UY, so we’re thrilled! :banana::thumbsup2:cheer2::cool1::figment:

Yippie!!!! Good news is rolling in! Maybe things are picking up.

That's why she is my hero for 2 reasons! All the great work on this board so we can be educated buyers and anyone who goes to WDW that often deserves all our admiration (as long as they are behind me in lines).
:flower3::flower3::flower3:

That's right! She threatened to quit but luckily decided to continue to work for the cause.

I have to confess, much of it is trying to see just how many points @TexasChick123 and @kboo can accrue over the next few months.

Haha I offered to take over but she wanted to keep going!
You're on deck ;).

She wishes she had BCV points. ;)
*She* is actually staying at BCV again next month on BWV points so why would she need to buy into BCV again and pay that premium :rolleyes1?

I have to confess, much of it is trying to see just how many points @TexasChick123 and @kboo can accrue over the next few months.

@TexasChick123 is way ahead of me. Also just calculated how much I have spent on points in the last 12-14 months and ... let's just say that I need to rein this spending in a bit.

Then again, I was messaging a friend (not on DIS) who has 1950 points and still claims they're not enough. "Worst" of all - they're inherited, qualified points. Yowzah. #dvcgoals

*She* is actually staying at BCV again next month on BWV points so why would she need to buy into BCV again and pay that premium :rolleyes1?

oh, burrrrrnnnn.

Here is an average of AKV Passed, Waiting and Taken. I'm now on the AKV fan club since my contract passed.

Attachments

• 20180517_151516.jpg
    20180517_151516.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 47
@TexasChick123 is way ahead of me. Also just calculated how much I have spent on points in the last 12-14 months and ... let's just say that I need to rein this spending in a bit.

Then again, I was messaging a friend (not on DIS) who has 1950 points and still claims they're not enough. "Worst" of all - they're inherited, qualified points. Yowzah. #dvcgoals

oh, burrrrrnnnn.

I'm painfully aware of how much I've spent on Disney points. ;)

Congratulations from one member of team 4/27 to another.

Obviously this one was meant to be with your matching UY.

Hoping I hear soon too. Who was your broker?

Amazing inheritance but ouch on those dues!

Here is an average of AKV Passed, Waiting and Taken. I'm now on the AKV fan club since my contract passed.
I understand the columns are passed, waiting and taken, but what do the rows represent? Specific months?

Last edited:

Yippee!!

But I think that ours was then taken......but great for you all!

Sweet!!

Congrats!

Apparently they are working on VGF and AKV today. I am crossing my fingers for some SSR love.
I have definitely gotten the sense that they work through contracts by resort. Which makes sense, that they can compare the different contracts to decide where they exercise rofr. My VGF was sent today, though,so I will settle in for a wait until VGF comes up again in the rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter