ROFR Thread April to June 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My agent has advised that they got waivers last week on those submitted up to 4/24, so to expect 4/27 imminently. I guess it might take longer if they plan on taking it.

Wow... I’m in shock.. literally.. someone pick me up off the floor..

Beesknees6---$105-$6431-52-AKV-Feb-0/17, 0/18, 52/19, 52/20-Buyer pays 2018 mf- sent 4/17, passed 5/17

Congrats!!! I'm still amazed that you found a 52 point contract (Strange amount of points). Which broker had this listing? You also got a great price for a small contract.

Congrats!!! I'm still amazed that you found a 52 point contract (Strange amount of points). Which broker had this listing? You also got a great price for a small contract.
Fidelity... I thought so too even without 2018 points. The small ones can go for so much higher

I know there is nothing to do, but with the speed that was previously seen, I thought I would hear an approval within two weeks (based on my purchase price). So now on day 19, with very little happening for the last two weeks, I have to learn to be patient.

I also had hoped I would hear quickly, between the price ($140pp) and the fact it's BCV and on our forum list it didn't look like they've ROFRed BCV in a long time (theory that with the number of years left, they can't make it look like a deal at the direct prices?). But now I am 17 days since it's been sent in. Sigh.

Disneylovinfamilyof6---$145-$17595-120-VGF-Jun-0/17, 0/18, 120/19, 120/20-Seller pays CC- sent 4/25, passed 5/17

Woohoo! And now we are done buying until 2019! So excited to have many of our DVC resort “goals” checked off our list now. We need to add on next year to reach our final goals, but we are so much closer now.

Be careful... DH and I started talking specifically with a goal to buy in 2018 - we bought in 2017 (that turned out to be a "good" thing). Then we were going to buy 100-150 points at an EP resort (in late 2018) and that ended up being our VGF purchase. And we bought enough points at VGF to think that we were "done" (after our experience with BLT, wishing we had 25-50 more points). And now... well, I hope to have something substantive and formatted to add to this board in a few days. So I guess ... DVC resort "goals" seems to be a moving target for us. But I think we are really done now. Or is that done for now? 100 more points at BLT would get us into better range for a GV there... (and that's even with banking and borrowing).

Thanks... now to tell the kids we’re not getting the pool .. lol
Take them to the water parks at WDW! :)

Be careful... DH and I started talking specifically with a goal to buy in 2018 - we bought in 2017 (that turned out to be a "good" thing). Then we were going to buy 100-150 points at an EP resort (in late 2018) and that ended up being our VGF purchase. And we bought enough points at VGF to think that we were "done" (after our experience with BLT, wishing we had 25-50 more points). And now... well, I hope to have something substantive and formatted to add to this board in a few days. So I guess ... DVC resort "goals" seems to be a moving target for us. But I think we are really done now. Or is that done for now? 100 more points at BLT would get us into better range for a GV there... (and that's even with banking and borrowing).

Take them to the water parks at WDW! :)
One thing we haven’t done yet... I sorta get skeeved out by water parks...:crazy2:

I’m certainly not saying you are wrong, but a cursory search on OCC shows Disney has recorded 53 direct sale deeds this month so far. Also a cursory search, over the same period they recorded 26 non-foreclosure buy backs. Naturally the average contract size of the buy backs was significantly larger than those the average sales for the record lists I looked at.

Yeah I was referring more towards comments I have heard is that when people call for direct availability there is waitlists for other resorts but SSR has tons of points for all the UYs. I remember one post said 1800pts and I think that was just for their UY

I originally split an AKV purchase to 52 points and 48 points. That was an April UY though! :)

It was at the time DVC had not done a reallocation for years and years. 52 points was the exact number needed when using either banking or borrowing to get the studio stay I planned on. 48 points actually worked fine for a different stay. I sold those contracts several years ago so somebody else now has 48 points and another 52 points.

Disneylovinfamilyof6---$145-$17595-120-VGF-Jun-0/17, 0/18, 120/19, 120/20-Seller pays CC- sent 4/25, passed 5/17

Congrats, our contract is very similar only 100 points same price per point and it was sent 4/25 as well. Our agent at Fidelity is out of the office all week, so who knows when we will hear anything.

Congrats, our contract is very similar only 100 points same price per point and it was sent 4/25 as well. Our agent at Fidelity is out of the office all week, so who knows when we will hear anything.

You can call/email the title company if you want to know. Sometimes they get mad, but they’re charging exorbitant rates, so they can get over it.

Just spoke with Bonnie there said they haven't received any notification about ours yet.

There is no rhyme or reason to when they send it. As a PP said, they are all sent one email at a time. They can send one email to your broker at 8am for a contract that passed that was sent on 4/25. Another email may come in at 5pm the same day or 12pm the following day for one sent in to Disney on 4/25. It is an antiquated and tedious process for sure. As I stated before, I once got an email stating I passed ROFR on a Monday afternoon. The ROFR waiver was attached and was dated for that Friday before. Looking down the email thread, and sure enough, the notification email went to my broker maybe 5 min before she sent it to me. They need to hire more people to handle ROFR, but they won’t because they make no money off of the sale except the estoppel fee. :headache:

There is no rhyme or reason to when they send it. As a PP said, they are all sent one email at a time. They can send one email to your broker at 8am for a contract that passed that was sent on 4/25. Another email may come in at 5pm the same day or 12pm the following day for one sent in to Disney on 4/25. It is an antiquated and tedious process for sure. As I stated before, I once got an email stating I passed ROFR on a Monday afternoon. The ROFR waiver was attached and was dated for that Friday before. Looking down the email thread, and sure enough, the notification email went to my broker maybe 5 min before she sent it to me. They need to hire more people to handle ROFR, but they won’t because they make no money off of the sale except the estoppel fee. :headache:

And yet - last time I got an ROFR waiver, it was dated 12/24, on a Sunday. I guess Drunken Monkey was taking the next week off and clearing its desk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter