Riviera Model Room Tour

We also toured it yesterday and, yes, we were also talking about the wear and tear. But I think that is in every Disney hotel/property. Honestly, there are a good number of people who are rough on hotels/and even their own homes(just went through a lot of home sales listings myself.)

The things we noted were that the materials did seem a higher finish than anything we have seen with DVC--(I have not been through the GFV.) I was expecting the marble baths to be cheap materials and they are not. They even bookmatched the seams in the corners so I was impressed with that. We also liked the wider layout in the living room--more room is always a good thing to us. The bathrooms are really beautiful. I can understand people's complaints with the kitchen if you actually cook here. We don't, so we liked the layout of that as well. Our favorite thing was actually the layout; you could walk around the entire unit since the bathroom ties back to the front door. Our biggest complaint would be we still miss having two full baths/the extra toilet.
Overall though, it is a beautiful unit, but the points are too high for us. I can have two weeks elsewhere so we will just stay cheaper for more time.

We also toured it yesterday and, yes, we were also talking about the wear and tear. But I think that is in every Disney hotel/property. Honestly, there are a good number of people who are rough on hotels/and even their own homes(just went through a lot of home sales listings myself.)

The things we noted were that the materials did seem a higher finish than anything we have seen with DVC--(I have not been through the GFV.) I was expecting the marble baths to be cheap materials and they are not. They even bookmatched the seams in the corners so I was impressed with that. We also liked the wider layout in the living room--more room is always a good thing to us. The bathrooms are really beautiful. I can understand people's complaints with the kitchen if you actually cook here. We don't, so we liked the layout of that as well. Our favorite thing was actually the layout; you could walk around the entire unit since the bathroom ties back to the front door. Our biggest complaint would be we still miss having two full baths/the extra toilet.
Overall though, it is a beautiful unit, but the points are too high for us. I can have two weeks elsewhere so we will just stay cheaper for more time.

Wear and tear? Nobody is even staying in them. :confused: Only walking thru and since they opened group after group has been reporting that guides often don't open the Murphy beds for some reason or other. No, sorry but a model shouldn't be showing wear and tear especially on furnishings.

I actually think AKV has some of the best, long lasting furnishing. VGF and Riviera are along similar lines with the exception that the murphy beds are different. The Riveria studio and VGF studios are almost twins. It starts varying in the larger villas.

Wear and tear? Nobody is even staying in them. :confused: Only walking thru and since they opened group after group has been reporting that guides often don't open the Murphy beds for some reason or other. No, sorry but a model shouldn't be showing wear and tear especially on furnishings.

I actually think AKV has some of the best, long lasting furnishing. VGF and Riviera are along similar lines with the exception that the murphy beds are different. The Riveria studio and VGF studios are almost twins. It starts varying in the larger villas.

Do you honestly feel the need to respond negatively to every single person who posts anything positive about Riviera? I mean, it’s truly incredible. We all know how you feel about it. Please stop trolling every positive Riviera post. It’s getting old.

Do you honestly feel the need to respond negatively to every single person who posts anything positive about Riviera? I mean, it’s truly incredible. We all know how you feel about it. Please stop trolling every positive Riviera post. It’s getting old.

I bought at BLT which also had wear and tear issues and were pointed out a lot by people. Shall we ignore the possibility? Many people were and still are very down on that resort and I can respect that. I can even understand it just as I can understand how many people like Riviera. There's yet to be a perfect resort for everyone.

Last edited:

Kat's been a member since 2008. She's hardly a troll. Goodness I was admonished for simply questioning a longtime poster's point of view............. Just put her on ignore.

That was my issue with the wear and tear. Of course I expect it in the actual lived in units but the model units should be in tip-top shape at all times. The broken handle was quite literally the first thing I saw as we approached the unit from the hallway so the first impression was already not great. It can't be that difficult to grab a screwdriver and fix something that small.

The issue with the murphy beds makes me worry that this will be an ongoing problem when people are taking the beds up and down day-in and day out and actually sleeping on them with their full weight. On our first stay at our home resort (Kidani) we had a broken sofa bed and it was such a hassle, particularly when we discovered it at 11:00 pm at night. I really like the idea of the murphy beds over the sofa beds from a comfort standpoint but it is going to be a big issue if they are not very durable. We all know how poorly people treat the furnishings in these units.

There was a lot to like in the Riviera rooms - I do really like the color scheme and the bathrooms were very, very lovely. I also oddly really liked the placement and design of the closets. But if I am paying $180/point or whatever the rate is now, I'd want to be assured that the room is not going to be in terrible shape when I check in and the state of the model rooms did not instill a lot of confidence.

Kat's been a member since 2008. She's hardly a troll. Goodness I was admonished for simply questioning a longtime poster's point of view............. Just put her on ignore.

Maybe I have a new record for length of being on the boards and post counts to get called a troll. :scratchin

I didn't think Kat4disney's post was particularly negative. I agree that a new model room shouldn't be showing wear and tear, and if there are damages, they should be repairing them right away. This is the suite that is supposed to convince people to purchase. I've not seen Riviera, but DVC should be putting it's best foot forward. JMO

If I remember correctly the same was said about BLT. Let’s face it, they aren’t sinking Ethan Allen furnishings into any resort. I do feel VGF was the last resort to receive upgraded furnishings and so far have held up very well.

Went to visit last week. Didn't notice wear, but didn't think to look.

I wonder if more people go through these than a typical family staying there, even in a couple hours a day.

They did seem higher quality than a lot/most of DVC.

Anyway another great option dropped in my lap.

A Tower stay for $60 a night in dues-OK if I have to.

Oh yea, meant to ask.

They walked us past some existing room models. What were those, and could we have still toured them?

They were also ripping and tearing down the hall. Can we assume Reflections models soon?

Oh yea, meant to ask.

They walked us past some existing room models. What were those, and could we have still toured them?

They were also ripping and tearing down the hall. Can we assume Reflections models soon?

They still have CCV rooms. They were right next to the Riviera.

If I remember correctly the same was said about BLT. Let’s face it, they aren’t sinking Ethan Allen furnishings into any resort. I do feel VGF was the last resort to receive upgraded furnishings and so far have held up very well.

Actually we are staying at Old Key West right now and were surprised to find the couches are in fact Ethan Allen!!

Attachments

• IMG_3716.jpeg
    IMG_3716.jpeg
    87.5 KB · Views: 14

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter