Riviera Model Room Tour

I just got the email invite for our trip next week. Times available when you rsvp are every half hour from 4pm through 6:30 pm - looks like they allocate up to 75 people per half hour on Wed. or Thurs. We're going to try and go out of curiosity.

I just got the email invite for our trip next week. Times available when you rsvp are every half hour from 4pm through 6:30 pm - looks like they allocate up to 75 people per half hour on Wed. or Thurs. We're going to try and go out of curiosity.

I just got the same one. Trying to talk DH into doing it. I wonder what complimentary flavors of the region are going to be?? ETA: do you think transportation to event is provided or is a get your own ride over kind of thing?

Attachments

• EFF3D2DB-62A7-4D10-BEBC-CC476959B75D.jpeg
    EFF3D2DB-62A7-4D10-BEBC-CC476959B75D.jpeg
    52.2 KB · Views: 35
So the rsvp email is just inviting us to the room view which is at SSR?

Seems like it’s more than that, there is going to be food of some sort. When I registered it asked for food allergies or preferences. We don’t have much going on that afternoon anyways so we’re gonna check it out.

Seems like it’s more than that, there is going to be food of some sort. When I registered it asked for food allergies or preferences. We don’t have much going on that afternoon anyways so we’re gonna check it out.
I’m considering 4/10 or 4/11. I just thought the people here were reporting that they had already been and it was basically just looking at the show room at SSR.

I just got the same one. Trying to talk DH into doing it. I wonder what complimentary flavors of the region are going to be?? ETA: do you think transportation to event is provided or is a get your own ride over kind of thing?
No transportation provided. That will be the main reason we may not go.

We were invited to a presentation like this when they were starting up Poly sales. They did a presentation in a small auditorium at the preview center, followed by snacks/drinks while you had an opportunity to ask guides questions and tour the rooms. There was also a Stitch photo op and commemorative pin. I would definitely take advantage of the opportunity if it was offered again. We DID end up doing a small add-on at Poly.

I’m surprised how quickly they are filling up. We signed up for the 4/10 at 4:30 and its now full, so is the 4pm for 4/10 and 4/11.

Thank you, @Spartan86 . It was good to see video rather than snapshots. It gives a better feel for the layout.

I’m just not feeling the galley kitchen and banquette table setup. It doesn’t say “luxury” to me.
Thoughts similar to these have been running through my head re: Disney for years. From the refurbishment at VWL to Copper Creek, and now Riviera, despite some of the "upscale" touches, there is a certain blandness to their designs, as well as the layout of the rooms. It's a personal thing, but I dislike galley kitchens, and shotgun feeling I get when walking into one of these style rooms (aka Copper Creek, Riviera). It seems to be the new design template for DVC. On a related note re: Riviera, the new resale restrictions are a huge factor in not buying there. To be fair, we don't like the looks of it enough to buy there even if the restrictions didn't exist. I feel certain many will dive right in, anyway. Edited to add: I do like the pocket doors and "barn" doors that separate the sleeping area from the bathroom in that 1BR. Naturally, doors aren't enough to convince me to buy. . .;)

Last edited:
I am not crazy about the kitchen layout either. From the videos, it looks like that whole area feels really tight. I also think the Disney themed art that they commissioned specifically for the resort looks sort of weird and random with the rest of the design but maybe that is just me? Anyway, I hope to tour the model rooms on my trip in May.

we are there next week and owners for 18 years, we did not get an invite.

I am not crazy about the kitchen layout either. From the videos, it looks like that whole area feels really tight. I also think the Disney themed art that they commissioned specifically for the resort looks sort of weird and random with the rest of the design but maybe that is just me? Anyway, I hope to tour the model rooms on my trip in May.
Actually I had an opposite feeling: it was too wide open, at least in the Kitchen area. To far from stove across to fridge etc. I can see the cramped sense in CCV, but this to me has more the feeling of pushing everything out against the walls.

Hubby and I spoke with a DVC guy at animal kingdom. He said it will be $188 per point and that the property would be available for current DVC owners to buy more points in or upgrade to before the sale to the general public

We attended the presentation last week. It was a little cheesy (of course!) but very low key with zero sales pressure. Enjoyed learning more about Riviera and seeing the model of the new villas...and the grandkids enjoyed the ice cream afterwards! Is it worth taking a couple of hours out of your vacation to attend? Probably not for most folks.

Thoughts similar to these have been running through my head re: Disney for years. From the refurbishment at VWL to Copper Creek, and now Riviera, despite some of the "upscale" touches, there is a certain blandness to their designs, as well as the layout of the rooms. It's a personal thing, but I dislike galley kitchens, and shotgun feeling I get when walking into one of these style rooms (aka Copper Creek, Riviera). It seems to be the new design template for DVC. On a related note re: Riviera, the new resale restrictions are a huge factor in not buying there. To be fair, we don't like the looks of it enough to buy there even if the restrictions didn't exist. I feel certain many will dive right in, anyway. Edited to add: I do like the pocket doors and "barn" doors that separate the sleeping area from the bathroom in that 1BR. Naturally, doors aren't enough to convince me to buy. . .;)

Those bathroom barn doors only require you to pull on one side and it closes or opens both sides. Does that sell you on it Sleepy? ;)

Some of my thoughts after touring the models - The living area is too wide IMO. It's wasted space although at least not as cramped as CCV but I did not care at all for the layout. I sat on the couch and did not find it particularly comfortable - rather hard. The "Disney" art seemed to be more after thought? ie - as if they've been reading that some of us think they don't theme things enough so if they throw up some Disney stuff on the walls that will satisfy. It was not very cohesive to me. My remarks on theming have never meant more Disney characters spread thru out the rooms - just to be strongly themed to something. Then there was the fabric on the chairs - that did look themed to an old musty Paris hotel room where the chairs were left from the 40's. :laughing: The curtains were interesting though and customized with RR in them. The master bedroom was simply one of the plainest and uninspiring. The studio is almost interchangeable with a VGF studio. I also prefer having balconies that extend the length of the villa and do not like the main balcony that shares a small balcony with the master. BLT gets a bit of a pass because of the theme park views and it doesn't keep me away from resorts but we never use the balconies as much with those set ups vs the resorts with full length balconies.

In the end Riviera rooms are not my cup of tea and unlike any other new DVC I've toured had me disliking them more in person than what I had seen in pictures and videos. Still waiting to see what the resort is like but I'd have to put the 1BR villas pretty low on my list. The studios are similar to others and nothing too surprising there.

Those bathroom barn doors only require you to pull on one side and it closes or opens both sides. Does that sell you on it Sleepy? ;)
Hmmmmm. . .no. :cool2: Thanks for the review after having seen the model. I haven't been impressed with the pictures/illustrations. Your views only support my initial thoughts.

Actually I had an opposite feeling: it was too wide open, at least in the Kitchen area. To far from stove across to fridge etc. I can see the cramped sense in CCV, but this to me has more the feeling of pushing everything out against the walls.

I visited the model rooms last week and I now know exactly what you mean by this. I did not like the kitchen area at all. It really felt like they just shoved all the things you need to have in a 1-bed into the room without much thought for how the layout works. One of the things I like about a lot of the DVC rooms is the counter/breakfast bar area that sort of gives you a visual break between the kitchen and living/sleeping area. This design does not allow for that and I imagine that anyone sleeping on the murphy bed would feel like they were sleeping IN the kitchen. It felt like a weird studio apartment or something.

Also, some of the fixtures and finishes in the model room were already showing some wear and tear. The bed platform for the queen bed in the studio had some chipped paint, the murphy bed in the studio would not come down from the wall (our guide actually said "looks like someone broke it") and there was a handle falling off one of the cabinets in the 1-bed unit. It was not a great look. Honestly, I liked the bathrooms a lot but that was about it.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter