Riviera Model Room Tour

jjwelch24

Mouseketeer
We received an e-mail from DVC inviting us to a Riviera Model Room Tour next week when we will be at Disney. Has anyone gone to this? Is there information out yet on points chart or pricing? I'm trying to decide if we should go.

Thanks.

I would totally go (providing it didn't take too much time out of my vacation) and I hope they offer this when I go in May! Following along for an update :)

Google ads can be pretty "timely" (funny). Just after the original post in this thread, a invitation to consider touring a real estate model unit, Google inserted an ad showing mold in the corner of a house. How charming, right?

I wonder what Google is suggesting with this ad placement? What does it know about certain real estate in Florida ... ???

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 10.37.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 10.37.00 AM.png
    290.4 KB · Views: 37

I got an invite for March 27 or 28th. I will be there those days.

Do these tours include gift cards and fast passes.

Only reason I would go other than being curious.

Who in their right mind would buy there with the new rules?

I signed up for the 28th. The invite didn't say anything about fast passes. I think we get to see the model rooms at Saratoga and there will be some food to eat. It'll be interesting to see how much more information is available.

10CF6069-1306-4215-B6FE-235D637FF576.jpeg Someone got a preview & posted this on a FB group. She posted more on her IG acct apparently.

These tours have to mean a point chart and cost pp will be announced soon. For past new resorts do direct sales include prior UY points?
No. They can't give you points from a prior use year. You will get current use year points. Depending on when the resort opens, it may feel like you do, though.

For example, if the resort opens in October of 2019 and you have a December use year, you would get 2018 points (because that is the current use year for December use years). Then you get 2019 use year points on 12/01/2019.

I wonder when sales will start. I can’t believe they would have a tour and not be able to sell it while it’s fresh on your mind.

View attachment 389743 Someone got a preview & posted this on a FB group. She posted more on her IG acct apparently.

Thank you. Although I have no intention to purchase there, I do hope to stay there when it opens.

Also, thought I would mention Im stalking again lol. Trying to add September 5 standard view studio at GF to my current 8 nights starting September 6. Have BLT as a back up but what would a trip be without stalking. Plane tickets purchased today so it’s a go lol. Wish me luck!

Thanks for the pictures. I havent seen any on FB. Guess Im in the wrong groups lol

Thank you. Although I have no intention to purchase there, I do hope to stay there when it opens.

Also, thought I would mention Im stalking again lol. Trying to add September 5 standard view studio at GF to my current 8 nights starting September 6. Have BLT as a back up but what would a trip be without stalking. Plane tickets purchased today so it’s a go lol. Wish me luck!

Thanks for the pictures. I havent seen any on FB. Guess Im in the wrong groups lol
I think you’re secretly addicted to DVC stalking :rotfl2:

I hope to be invited!
ditto. we're not going until May - hopefully, they'll have a lot more information by that time.

The new rules don't faze us, as we don't buy with the intent to sell (and have other contracts that would likely go first if ever desperately needed). Hopefully, the rules keep the initial price to a semi-sane level, though. We'll see...….

I think you’re secretly addicted to DVC stalking :rotfl2:

LOL I was VERY happy when I was done piecing my 8 nights together at seven months and it was done before I went away in February but
now the hunt begins again LOL

I would do the tour if invited in September.
Is it suppose to open prior? If it did, I would try to switch my stay. Thank you again for the picture.

I really don't know. I haven't seen much info except for threads here and a few FB DVC groups. Guess we'll have to wait and see!

We were told last week by a dvc rep at OKW that points will be 188 per point. And it’s hard to believe that any member couldn’t sign up if they wanted to see it. I’d be willing to take s tour but we have 1400 points and would never consider buying especially at that price.

We were told last week by a dvc rep at OKW that points will be 188 per point. And it’s hard to believe that any member couldn’t sign up if they wanted to see it. I’d be willing to take s tour but we have 1400 points and would never consider buying especially at that price.

MANY knowledgeable people have reported it will be $188pp, so I agree with your post about the price. I am thinking the points charts will come out on Monday per the website maintenance announcement.

Just FYI - we went on a tour of CCV before they were ready and the points charts were NOT yet available. so that can happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!