Remove all the BUGS & SPIES from your COMPUTER!!!!UPDATE

OK - I downloaded the SpyBot program & ran it. Here's what I know so far:
* It took about 16 miutes to download on my rather old computer.
* It is very easy to run a scan - basically click a button & it scans.
* I ran AdAware6 before running SpyBot & SpyBot did find a few more things that AdAware hadn't picked up.
* It has a nice little feature where if you click in the little check box next to the spyware it found, you can see the source of the spyware & a brief description of the possible threat that it poses -I really like this feature!
* No problems encountered so far :D !

I'll post again if I learn anything more.

Okay, I've never installed or run AdAware (it's really DH's computer from work, and I thought he should be the one to deal with it...).

But for some reason I decided to give SpyBot a try. I took 1 minute to download over the satellite and it took about 2 minutes to run the scan. It found 77 problems. I was expecting so much more since I've never run one of these.

I'll talk to DH about AdAware tonight.

FREE FIRE WALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.zonealarm.com

I have been using this firewall for about 2 years now and I really like it. I don't know how "fabulous" it is, but it has blocked over 5000 attempts since I installed it. Free updates too.

(note: I am pretty sure it's still free)

Chandra

:mad: 49:mad: !!!
adaware found 49! and I have antivirus and internet security programs installed too!

Thanks for that program link:D

Thanks so much for all the great info in this thread!!!

I ran adware today and found *151* !!!!!!!!! I'd love to know how many of those were already there BEFORE I installed my firewall about a year ago and how many of them have made it past the firewall since....

I also tried to download the Spybot program but kept getting an error message that their servers were too busy.

Thanks again for the great info!

Does anyone know of a program that will run on an Apple computer? I tried spybot but my computer can't open the program. :(

How do I get rid of Gator totally? I updated from Ad Aware 4.6 to 6 but its still coming up twice. Will SpyBot remove it? And I already had Zone Alarm.

And for an FYI Drugstore.com had a cookie that couldnt be deleted when just clearing cookies for the day....it had an expiration for the year 2037 but version 6 removed it.

My son explained that some of these attach through programs so you may want to go to your Programs file. If it shows up there you want to right click on it and delete it. He also said some programs will have an uninstall icon which also is set up on your computer and you can click on that to uninstall. I found a new one that I never had before. It was called GAIN! Hope this information is helpful. Annmarie

I just downloaded and cleaned. Wow!:eek: I had 233. Just simply amazing! Thanks Mal and everyone for their advice. A must do for everyone.

Also check out the new link I added to a program that is supposed to stop spys befor they download to your computer.

Mal

I have had this computer for about 4 years now (an oldie but a goodie :) ). Anyway, I had 602!!!! All gone now....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter