PVB Tower Charts, Sales Date and more!!!

I think this board does skew more towards the spreadsheet and cost calculations set - but the value is based on individual circumstances. In my case, because I travel with large (10+ person) groups a lot I knew I wanted to buy 150 points direct for the blue card discounts. The higher price point of 150 direct PVB balances out against resale after 6 years for me and the lack of resale restrictions on PVB made it the best option since I don't think we will end up holding the contract until expiration. Everyone's situation is a little bit different - just because the base price is higher than many hoped doesn't mean it won't work out math-wise for some of us.
Totally agreed. Everyone's situation is different.

No tax documents are generated.

It's a rebate because you need to make a purchase to get it.

Edit: Just checked the documents and it’s specifically stated it’s a rebate. As mentioned before, corporate lingo is included that DVC doesn’t make any representations regarding tax implications, if any.

It has something to do with DVD not being able to pay an international buyer in this manner.

But, as mentioned, it does not require taxes to be paid.
Thanks, didn't know it was so straightforward - always assumed that international buyers couldn't use MB because is had to be a tax issue - but it seems more likely that DVD just don't want to allow international buyers to use it. DVD could easily send a wire transfer or send a check to International buyers.

Thanks, didn't know it was so straightforward - always assumed that international buyers couldn't use MB because is had to be a tax issue - but it seems more likely that DVD just don't want to allow international buyers to use it. DVD could easily send a wire transfer or send a check to International buyers.

It's more likely that it is not a tax issue in the US but could be a tax issue in some other jurisdictions. Otherwise there would be no reason for them to withhold it from international buyers. Their money is as good as anybody else's.

Allows 150 point families splurge on a 1 bedroom, fall in love with it over a studio then add on another 150 after the trip
That makes sense. Give people a taste of the luxury of bigger rooms and/or better views.
I wish you great success. & Please PM me when you get the 2BR!! :D
If you’re hoping to get freed-up rooms, I’d put a WL request in now. Those are all going to get filled first.
Well, I also found out that my guide wasn't able to hold Week 49 for me in Standard Studio as requested and that it was unavailable, so that really cemented that I'm not buying in at this time, at least not for that many points.
I am wondering if it was a first come first serve thing. As I read the view descriptions, I think there could be less than 10 standard view studios total (maybe more but I think it’s just going to be like 2 floors on one side of the tower for standard view total)— if that’s the case they can’t sell more than 3 of the fixed weeks in standard studio for each week, and presumably they can sell even less if inventory isn’t declared? Also, Disney might just not want to sell FW of their lowest point chart rooms?
Another thought…they can only sell up to 35% of any given use day in a unit for FW. Given that there are so few units declared right now, holding off the booking allows them to sell them based on the eventual declarations within the next year.
I was thinking this also, maybe they have internal projections of when they expect to declare x number of rooms in each category type and you can’t start a FW until there are enough declarations that free up another room within the 35%?

If I wanted a FW of a specific room and view type in a popular week, I’d be trying to book it ASAP.

I mean, they can hardly send us an email internationally. Don't be too ambitious with the company lol.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest