PVB Tower Charts, Sales Date and more!!!

The thing is, 1BR rates are usually pegged to Studio rates in a fairly predictable way, and PIT 1BRs - especially TPV - are a noticeable departure from the norm. My point is, if they just applied their normal multipliers to the insane TPV Studios, 1BRs would be priced even higher, and for whatever reason they've been less aggressive.

If you chart the points required to book a week in season 2, the main thing that pops out is that PVB is very expensive, with pricing in-line with VGF -- except VGF doesn't offer TPV except for Studios, and TPV will likely be nearly half of the PIT inventory.

View attachment 897490

But if you look at it as a percentage of the cost of a Studio, most 1BRs hover around 2x the Studio cost. (Excluding PVB, the average is slightly higher, at 205%).

Standard and Preferred views at PIT are a bit below average, but TPV 1BRs really stand out as the "best value" on the chart.
View attachment 897491

To be clear, this is still very very expensive at 343 points/week. But, if they'd used their normal multiplier, it would be more like 390 points/week!
Right, they lowered the 1BR multiplier to make it more bookable compared to the PIT studios and 2BR, while still making sure that they have the highest average cost of all 1BRs.

What is this week’s play for an Oct UY blue-card Poly owner with 160 points (mix of direct and some resale) looking for 150-ish more points in light if insane point charts for 1 and 2 bedrooms at Island Tower?…
(1) Wait to add on direct at Poly next week?
(2) Add on at Riviera this week?
(3) Add on 150-200 direct at Saratoga this week to use everywhere?
(4) Forget about more points right now?
(5) Small add on at Poly next week to eventually replace Poly resale points with direct points? Add on another resort later?
(6) Something else? 😀
Another option would be to get set up with your guide to buy at Saratoga or Riviera to lock in the current incentives that end this month. You then have 10 days to decide if you want to complete that purchase but it gives you the advantage of being able to see the new incentives when they are released Oct 1st. If Poly sounds like the better contract for your situation you could cancel the previous arrangement and add on at Poly instead. Maybe the incentives will be even better on Oct 1 for Riviera and/or Saratoga making it the clear choice. You could do magical beginnings or ask if with your Oct UY if member services can bank those 2023 points for you the same day the points hit your account. I saw in another comment that has to be done within 4 days of your UY ending so I don't know if banking can be done but your guide should be able to find out. I can't imagine that the incentives at Saratoga and Riviera Oct 1st would be better than getting the 2023s and being able to either bank or sell them back for $20 a point with magical beginnings without paying annual dues.

We have a Feb UY Poly 275 points resale but would more than likely be traveling during Christmas and Spring Break wanting 1 or 2 bedrooms so we probably need a few more points. I like the idea of having some unrestricted direct points that can be used at future restricted resorts such as Reflections ect, whatever they do in 2042 or the Cabins. We are direct at Villas at Disneyland but those need to stay for Disneyland only since the 1 and 2 bedroom availability requires 11 month priority. We are a family of 5 so the only way we are staying at DL and PIT is in a 1 bedroom or higher. We also already have a (large priced to good to pass up) Riviera resale so Poly potentially being the last unrestricted resort more than likely makes sense for us if the incentives are okay (someone needs to fully convince my husband that This is the Way on Oct 1st).

Everyone's situation is unique so our ultimate end goal isn't what yours might be. I'm of the opinion that you should buy your points where you want to primarily use them and also having contracts with some meat still on the bones for when our currently young children become adults and have children of their own.

Definitely talk to your guide to make sure you have that 10 day window if you do end up taking advantage of Magical beginnings or banking points. By law I believe they have to give you that backing out period.

Another option would be to get set up with your guide to buy at Saratoga or Riviera to lock in the current incentives that end this month. You then have 10 days to decide if you want to complete that purchase but it gives you the advantage of being able to see the new incentives when they are released Oct 1st. If Poly sounds like the better contract for your situation you could cancel the previous arrangement and add on at Poly instead. Maybe the incentives will be even better on Oct 1 for Riviera and/or Saratoga making it the clear choice. You could do magical beginnings or ask if with your Oct UY if member services can bank those 2023 points for you the same day the points hit your account. I saw in another comment that has to be done within 4 days of your UY ending so I don't know if banking can be done but your guide should be able to find out. I can't imagine that the incentives at Saratoga and Riviera Oct 1st would be better than getting the 2023s and being able to either bank or sell them back for $20 a point with magical beginnings without paying annual dues.

We have a Feb UY Poly 275 points resale but would more than likely be traveling during Christmas and Spring Break wanting 1 or 2 bedrooms so we probably need a few more points. I like the idea of having some unrestricted direct points that can be used at future restricted resorts such as Reflections ect, whatever they do in 2042 or the Cabins. We are direct at Villas at Disneyland but those need to stay for Disneyland only since the 1 and 2 bedroom availability requires 11 month priority. We are a family of 5 so the only way we are staying at DL and PIT is in a 1 bedroom or higher. We also already have a (large priced to good to pass up) Riviera resale so Poly potentially being the last unrestricted resort more than likely makes sense for us if the incentives are okay (someone needs to fully convince my husband that This is the Way on Oct 1st).

Everyone's situation is unique so our ultimate end goal isn't what yours might be. I'm of the opinion that you should buy your points where you want to primarily use them and also having contracts with some meat still on the bones for when our currently young children become adults and have children of their own.

Definitely talk to your guide to make sure you have that 10 day window if you do end up taking advantage of Magical beginnings or banking points. By law I believe they have to give you that backing out period.
Well-stated excellent points! Thank you. And clearly you are the “someone” who can show your husband the way!

Interesting. Obviously, having not done all of my homework, I thought that owners would pay high assessments to repair/rebuild but never considered owners could lose everything. And only owners assigned specific units within a resort if the resort is only partially impacted.
Imagine if a sink hole opened up at one of the “non tower” resorts like OKW and only took out one building. The rest of the resort is just fine. If it’s too costly to stabilize the ground they would just flatten it and plant grass. 🤣 insurance would payout the owners of that unit and they would exit the system.

They've only announced a quick service-y pool bar sorta restaurant a la Geyser Point so far so no reservations I'd assume.
At the Expo (or whatever it's now called) the table-service restaurant was featured in the DVC art, the Wailulu Bar and Grill. It doesn't look to be a signature restaurant, but it's far more than a pool bar. Fan sites have it opening on Dec 17 (unsure where that came from) but the Disney Site has it listed but only "coming soon."

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/polynesian-villas-bungalows//

At the Expo (or whatever it's now called) the table-service restaurant was featured in the DVC art, the Wailulu Bar and Grill. It doesn't look to be a signature restaurant, but it's far more than a pool bar. Fan sites have it opening on Dec 17 (unsure where that came from) but the Disney Site has it listed but only "coming soon."

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/polynesian-villas-bungalows//

I haven't seen anything to indicate otherwise, but if it ends up being true table service then great! I just think we should all be prepared for a Poly version of Geyser Point.

Do we know if the restaurant will open with the tower? And if so, any word on when reservations will open--at 60 days?
I'm anxiously awaiting the same information. I plan to be on the phone as soon as we can book the Island Tower opening days because we want to dine here during fireworks.

Disney PVB timeshare license amendment is under review. I'm guessing this will be an "Amend Purchase Agreement" filing similar to what was filed for VGF (3/25/22) which was weeks after BPK sales started.

https://www.myfloridalicense.com/AdditionalInfo.asp?SID=&licid=5886708

Screenshot 2024-09-23 155349.png

I just verified there is a similar amendment being done to the main DVC additional information is under review for the same. Matches what they did for VGF BPK.
https://www.myfloridalicense.com/AdditionalInfo.asp?SID=&licid=2397075

Screenshot 2024-09-23 160038.png

Seeing the same amendment showing up for VGF, BCV, and others. Is this related to updating the multiple property POS?

I haven't seen anything to indicate otherwise, but if it ends up being true table service then great! I just think we should all be prepared for a Poly version of Geyser Point.
The "Bar and Grill" part of the title should set expectations. Geyser Point / Three Bridges feels like the appropriate comp. (Those are great, though!)

Imagine if a sink hole opened up at one of the “non tower” resorts like OKW and only took out one building. The rest of the resort is just fine. If it’s too costly to stabilize the ground they would just flatten it and plant grass. 🤣 insurance would payout the owners of that unit and they would exit the system.
Not even exaggerating, my biggest fear of being in Florida. lol

This is the official Disney description. It's not going to be Geyser Point (which I love, BTW).

Wailulu Bar & Grill​

Coming Soon!

Indulge in the delicious flavors of the South Pacific at this Polynesian-inspired eatery that boasts stunning views of Seven Seas Lagoon.

I know we're all dissecting marketing words which could certainly differ from operational reality, but the Disney Parks Blog's wording from late August sounds pretty Geyser Point-ish to me (which is fine with me!).

Wailulu Bar & Grill will feature spacious indoor and outdoor seating areas and a spectacular bar space with views of Cinderella’s Castle at Magic Kingdom Park. This casual walk-up pool bar will feature an all-day menu for lunch and dinner that is influenced by the Polynesian Islands’ local and indigenous ingredients. Specialty coffee and on-the-go morning pastries will be available for breakfast.

Source: https://disneyparksblog.com/wdw/new...tower-at-disneys-polynesian-villas-bungalows/

I know we're all dissecting marketing words which could certainly differ from operational reality, but the Disney Parks Blog's wording from late August sounds pretty Geyser Point-ish to me (which is fine with me!).

Wailulu Bar & Grill will feature spacious indoor and outdoor seating areas and a spectacular bar space with views of Cinderella’s Castle at Magic Kingdom Park. This casual walk-up pool bar will feature an all-day menu for lunch and dinner that is influenced by the Polynesian Islands’ local and indigenous ingredients. Specialty coffee and on-the-go morning pastries will be available for breakfast.

Source: https://disneyparksblog.com/wdw/new...tower-at-disneys-polynesian-villas-bungalows/
I realize about the marketing puffery. And there is an outside section that has a walk-up bar. But here is the artwork for the main restaurant. This is nothing like Geyser Point.

https://disneyparksblog.com/app/upl...t-Disneys-Polynesian-Villas-and-Bungalows.jpg

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest