PVB Tower Charts, Sales Date and more!!!

Right. Exactly. RIV and likely Saratoga would have 2023 points if I buy this week. Can’t buy Poly until my use year starts next week. If I buy anywhere next week I’m not getting 2023 points. Thanks.

Remember, to do MB program you have to buy at least 4 to 6 days before UY ends so if you are considering that, got to do it like soon!!

So what is the "rule" about whether 2023, 2024 UYs are available in a direct purchase? I know when Poly goes on sale next week, it will only be 2024 UYs. If I purchase in 2025, does that change? Will I still be able to get 2024 UY? Does it depend on the actual month selected, i.e., Feb vs December?

So what is the "rule" about whether 2023, 2024 UYs are available in a direct purchase? I know when Poly goes on sale next week, it will only be 2024 UYs. If I purchase in 2025, does that change? Will I still be able to get 2024 UY? Does it depend on the actual month selected, i.e., Feb vs December?
You should be able to get 2024 until almost the last day of your 2024 use year which is in 2025. For example if you own a Feb UY, your last day is Jan 31 2025, or if you have a Dec UY, that day would be Nov. 30 2025. Sometimes they actually don’t have 2024 points to give you but most of the time they should include that years points but I would not wait til the last day. I’d probably buy it at minimum a couple weeks before the end of the use year. You also have to sell points back at least 4 days before the start of the next use year for Magical Beginnings if thats something you were planning to do.

You should be able to get 2024 until almost the last day of your 2024 use year which is in 2025. For example if you own a Feb UY, your last day is Jan 31 2025, or if you have a Dec UY, that day would be Nov. 30 2025. Sometimes they actually don’t have 2024 points to give you but most of the time they should include that years points but I would not wait til the last day. I’d probably buy it at minimum a couple weeks before the end of the use year. You also have to sell points back at least 4 days before the start of the next use year for Magical Beginnings if thats something you were planning to do.
Thank you for the clarification!

That would be one type, yes. They could decide not to rebuild a resort, or a section of the resort. Instead, take the instance payout, and owners of those units would get their share and not longer be owners.
Interesting. Obviously, having not done all of my homework, I thought that owners would pay high assessments to repair/rebuild but never considered owners could lose everything. And only owners assigned specific units within a resort if the resort is only partially impacted.

What is this week’s play for an Oct UY blue-card Poly owner with 160 points (mix of direct and some resale) looking for 150-ish more points in light if insane point charts for 1 and 2 bedrooms at Island Tower?…
(1) Wait to add on direct at Poly next week?
(2) Add on at Riviera this week?
(3) Add on 150-200 direct at Saratoga this week to use everywhere?
(4) Forget about more points right now?
(5) Small add on at Poly next week to eventually replace Poly resale points with direct points? Add on another resort later?
(6) Something else? 😀
There’s not one perfect answer unfortunately. If money isn’t an issue and you want to stay at poly, buy direct poly on October 1st. If you really love Riv, and the restrictions don’t bother you, then maybe buy Riv because the incentives are pretty good right now and likely to be better than Poly’s offering next week. If money is of concern and you tend to book less than 7 months out, it’s hard to look past Saratoga incentives right now with magical beginnings for 2023 points because it really brings down your cost per point.

Tough choices for sure!

But that would be better for all of us. Imagine if one of the costal properties experienced catastrophic flooding and had to be ripped down to the studs. During the (probably extensive) time that the property was out of commission, all of those points would shift to the other resorts without the ability to absorb any points. Better to pay out those owners and take the points out of circulation.
And a tornado could hit WDW non-coastal properties. 1998 was close.
Let's hope no DVC owners are faced with severe weather dangers.

There’s not one perfect answer unfortunately. If money isn’t an issue and you want to stay at poly, buy direct poly on October 1st. If you really love Riv, and the restrictions don’t bother you, then maybe buy Riv because the incentives are pretty good right now and likely to be better than Poly’s offering next week. If money is of concern and you tend to book less than 7 months out, it’s hard to look past Saratoga incentives right now with magical beginnings for 2023 points because it really brings down your cost per point.

Tough choices for sure!
So I'm trying to make some similar choices...I have about 200 points over 3 contracts all resale. I really want to stay at RIV & I think I would want to try the Cabins once but they don't move the needle for me at all. I think POLY is way overcrowded as is without the tower open. The tower appeals to me because its beautiful and new and I like that sort of thing.

SSR sounds good direct but you get about 10 more years buying POLY. Assuming at 2042 all new resorts get added to the list of you have to own direct to stay at them, I think there is incentive to buy direct now. RIV has the restrictions which hurts resale but I'm not opposed to buying there if the deal is good.

What other RIV incentives are going on now besides the usual save $2,000....I thought they just raised the price per point recently.

I just want access to any resort.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest