Photography Board Summer Assignment, 2010: Scavenger Hunt

Mine is freight train. I've seen two freight trains today; no camera.

I live a mile away from our surburban rail network. I've been hearing the freight trains going past in my sleep for the last 2 months between 2 and 4 am in the morning!!

Linda - thanks so much for organizing this! It was great fun. I had nowhere near the totals that some of the folks did (I left a lot of photos in my camera), but it really made me look at my little corner of the world differently. You rock!:thumbsup2

I live a mile away from our surburban rail network. I've been hearing the freight trains going past in my sleep for the last 2 months between 2 and 4 am in the morning!!
It's mocking you!! :rotfl2:

Hey, if you get pics later, feel free to add them here anyway, All!

And btw, I have a ton myself that I never finished. I was always planning on excluding myself from the voting anyway, but still. If and when I get them done, I might add them, why not. I think I managed to get at least a couple of motorcycles with side cars - one driver even flashed us the peace sign, lol. :hippie:

wouldn't you know it, I was driving earlier and a motorcycle with a sidecar passed us, and there was a dog riding in the sidecar.... how many categories would that have covered? LOL

and no problem Pea-n-me, I was planning on making sure the thread wasn't titled scavenger hunt, Glad to hear you are planning/considering another one. I have come up with the way I want to go with my idea and will post it up tomorrow.

Checking in with a measly 166 points and several more photos that never made it to Photobucket but a summer full of memories, visits to the most obscure places and a great more camera and photography knowledge than I started out with!

Thank you so much for organising, Linda and I look forward to whatever may come next!

I'm countin, Babe. :rotfl: It'll be a while - only up to page 10. :faint: (See my pp also about work/wedding.)

PS people should have EXIF ready for their pics.

How do you want this done? I'm going to need some pointers as I am such a L-Plater I'm not sure what to do.....

Hey, if you get pics later, feel free to add them here anyway, All!

I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps I will start entering some pics now. :rotfl2: no points but hey I was looking for stuff all along, just never entered any.

All I managed to upload to photobucket are the following 2 pics:

Bird feeding:
IMG_2094.jpg

Old Glory (with the Massachusetts State flag):
IMG_0999.jpg

Pulling up this old thread as I'd like to finally put it to rest. I haven't forgotten it, but unfortunately life got very busy and I was unable to deliver awards as promised. :blush:

To explain, I had good intentions starting out. I thought giving out "prizes" would encourage participation. I just never dreamed it would become as popular as it did. (Which was great!)

When the Hunt was over, I did sit down and go through the first 10 pages of pictures to verify categories and EXIF data (so it would be fair to all, and again, as promised). But it took me several hours and I was still looking 90 more pages to do. I quickly realized it was an insurmountable task. :faint: (I debated asking for help, but as the "judge", I figured that would become convoluted and inevitably, counterproductive.)

So I do apologize. I know people had a lot of fun anyway (as did I) and I would like to offer this Avatar to all who participated - you are welcome to put it in your Signatures. (Courtesy of a good friend and fellow Dis-er who made them for us. ::MickeyMo )

I hope people understand. See you on the Winter Hunt!

image003.png

:rotfl2: Do you remember the PM I sent you in the beginning hoping you had plenty of vacation time at work? Even though I was no where near being in the top 5, I had such a blast doing it! Thanks Pea!

Thanks for organising the scavenger hunts Pea-n-me.

I had a blast with the hunt and enjoyed learning..not just about photography but also about the city I live in.

That avatar is going to head to my siggie...pretty soon!

Thanks Pea for doing this it was a lot of fun. When you first started the hunt with the point system I thought to myself I sure hope she knows what she is in for, I do think it drew in more people but I also believe you can hold a successful hunt without points, hopefully more will join in on the winter one.
I know a lot of people find it hard in the colder climate areas, but that's the fun part, makes you think of photography and gives them some ideas to shoot.
Thanks for a very fun and well run hunt.
Don

I just want to say THANK YOU! You made many of us have a wonderful and adventurous summer! I really appreciate the effort that you put into hunts. I will be proud to put this in my siggy line, as soon as I can figure it out:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter