• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Photography Board Summer Assignment, 2010: Scavenger Hunt

Just recounted again and came up with 442.
Thank you so much Linda for doing this!:thumbsup2 It was a lot of fun and filled our summer with a lot of road trips that we probably would not have taken if not for this contest. My family really enjoyed this as well. I think they were more on a mission than I was. You don't know how many texts I received saying "We saw a this or found that". I definitely discovered that you need your camera (or a camera) with you at all times. The thing that drove me crazy was the motorcycle with sidecar. We have at least 2-3 of them in town I have discovered. However they always presented themselves when I was without camera or going the opposite way. Looking forward to a winter assignment if that ever develops.

My total was 257. I felt like I got a lot out of this and thought I did well, but not compared to a lot of others. Oh well, the point was to get out and use my camera and I did. I enjoyed doing it and now carry a camera all the time.

Thanks Pea-n-Me. This was fun! I know you mentioned doing one for Winter but how about one for Fall/Winter. We are going to WDW and Florida at the end of the month and it would be really fun to do one while there. TIA!

181 pts for me

(also posting a new thread with an idea about another assignment if ya'll want to give some opinions.)

Robert

I have 407 if you give credit for the Longhorn pic, Otherwise I have 405.

I have to say thank you again. I found myself looking for pics as I drove even today. I had so much fun doing this and found myself not just using the camera but looking for different angles at times and noticing my surroundings just a little more. This made for an exciting and fulfilling summer.

181 pts for me

(also posting a new thread with an idea about another assignment if ya'll want to give some opinions.)

Robert
Hi Robert. In the past I haven't had great luck with "ideas" threads. I think you should probably just take your idea and run with it. Do it however you think it would be fun and successful. (You could even just go ahead and do it with today's thread. If you want help with wording I'd be happy to help. Simple seems to work best.)

Can I ask a favor, though: would you mind very much not having the name "Savenger Hunt" in the title of your thread as I'm currently thinking about doing another one (by popular demand ;) ). I'd suggest something like Photo A to Z or S is for September or something to that effect. I wish you success in your thread(s) and will definitely be participating, too. :goodvibes Thank you!

I have 407 if you give credit for the Longhorn pic, Otherwise I have 405.
Was that the longhorn cookie cutter? :lmao: That was fine, lol.

Thank you for the comments.

Thank you all for the nice comments. As I said before, I and my family and friends all had a great time with the summer assignment also. And I really enjoyed getting to know all of you a little bit through your pictures. Which is why I'd like to do another, or even make it a regular thing, if I can come up with a way of doing so. As they say, you can probably smell the wood burning, I'm thinking. :idea: Feel free to throw out any ideas about it if you have thoughts.

I'd also like honest opinions about what you liked about the Scav Hunt and what you didn't like about it. What, if anything, should we fine tune? Is there a different way of going about it? :confused3 Feedback appreciated as I think through the possibility of more. I have some thoughts of my own that I'll share later.

Thanks Pea-n-Me. This was fun! I know you mentioned doing one for Winter but how about one for Fall/Winter. We are going to WDW and Florida at the end of the month and it would be really fun to do one while there. TIA!
I saw somewhere someone was putting a Disney Scav Hunt together. If you google it you may find it. I actually think it would be fairly easy to do. If I were going to do it :idea: I'd look for things like a Princess bellybutton, candy with stripes, a sign with the word Disney on it, etc. You could even put one together yourself just for your family before the trip.

Maybe we can do another scavenger hunt for the Winter months include December and January and/or February. Scavenger items can be things related to winter, all the different holidays, football, news years.

I also can't believe it September already. I am so mad at myself I left points in the camera and on my computer. I just got so busy that I lost track of days and the month of August.

Pea N Me - Thanks so much for organising this scavenger hunt. Without this hunt:
  • I may have spent more time at home with the family. :goodvibes
  • I probably would have ended up 5 lbs heavier as it is winter and I would have spent more time eating.
  • I wouldn't have learnt as much as I did about "capital dome" or how to find a cigar store indian at a CARPET store.
  • My expensive toy of a camera would have stayed an expensive toy; rather than an extension of my arm as it is now.
  • I would never have pushed my camera into manual mode; much less TV or AV.

Everyone - I've had a lot of fun with posting my entries and I've learnt SO MUCH just looking at all your photos. Thanks for making this such a fun 3 months!

Roll on to the next assignment, monthly or scavenger. Just remember winter in the US means summer for the Aussies! Even I would have trouble stretching 'snow in summer'....but then again, maybe not! :idea:

princess::upsidedow

ps. No offence - but I don't ever want to see another udder in my life!

Checking in with 310.

What great fun! It was frustrating not being able to drive the past month. Will have to keep my eye out for other hunts!

LOVED seeing everyone's photos!!!!

I have no idea what my tally is but I have had an absolute ball and so glad that I now can use my camera that little bit better! Thank you once again for the opportunity.

I came in with 304. I can't believe how fast the summer went. There were so many shots I should have gotten. Thanks for putting this together. I had a lot of fun with it. I look forward to doing another one.

Saw at least 5 things I could have used today....but they were at work, so it wouldn't have mattered as I couldn't have taken the pics anyway. lol The whole hunt was a ton of fun! My biggest frustration was the THREE---yes, THREE!!!---times I saw a motorcycle with a side car....and had no camera! Ugh! LOL Now I'm determined to get a pic of one even though it won't count......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter