Photo Sharing: Ultra Wide Angle

8835183116_164997ca2f_b.jpg

I just found this thread the other day and I am still making my way through all of it. I was thinking about renting a lens for my D90 for my upcoming trip to The World, so I was looking into what type of lens to get. I currently have a Nikon 18-55mm kit, Nikon 70-300mm kit, and a Nikon 50mm f/1.8. After wading through several pages here (and reading other sites dedicated to WDW photography) I put in my rental order for a Tokina 11-14mm f/2.8 DX today. I will receive it a few days before I leave so I can 'learn' it.

There are some phenomenal photos in here and to say I was inspired would be an understatement. If I can get photos even half as good as some of these I will be a happy camper! :worship:

I just found this thread the other day and I am still making my way through all of it. I was thinking about renting a lens for my D90 for my upcoming trip to The World, so I was looking into what type of lens to get. I currently have a Nikon 18-55mm kit, Nikon 70-300mm kit, and a Nikon 50mm f/1.8. After wading through several pages here (and reading other sites dedicated to WDW photography) I put in my rental order for a Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 DX today. I will receive it a few days before I leave so I can 'learn' it.

There are some phenomenal photos in here and to say I was inspired would be an understatement. If I can get photos even half as good as some of these I will be a happy camper! :worship:

You are going to enjoy using the Tokina. If you didn't come across it yet, here's a very good article on how to use a wide angle lens: 10 Tips to Using a Wide Angle Lens written by fellow DISer Justin.

Some of the best photographers that have posted on this board have work in this thread. If you want some serious inspiration for photographing Disney with a wide lens find some of WDWFigment's work in this thread.

Some of the best photographers that have posted on this board have work in this thread. If you want some serious inspiration for photographing Disney with a wide lens find some of WDWFigment's work in this thread.

I second that! Tom is my favorite Disney photographer and takes some amazing wide angle shots, especially with his use of a fisheye lens.

Visited the City of Waterfalls...Hamilton, Ontario, Canada over the weekend. This is one of eleven waterfalls I visited with the help of a local photographer who I meet on Google+. Used an UWA setup of a Nikon D7100 and a Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 DX lens.

Sherman Falls by Scottwdw

Tom is pretty good with the Fisheye. I am getting one soon and will be using Tom's photos to learn how to best use it.

^^^^^ Nice shots! ^^^^^

It's not too often you see a wide shot of Indiana Jones.

The end of summer is near as the New York State Fair opened last week and I had a new lens to use this year. Got a Sigma 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye last week and gave it a proper shake down at the Fair.

Fisheyed Fair by Scottwdw

Click the photo to see more fisheye photos from the Fair.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter