PART THREE! *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, one more thing done - I made a Photoshop template for the 12 Days of Christmas message cards that will go with my pixie dust. Now I just need to write messages from different characters.

Will post pic tomorrow. I'm off to bed now. It was a very productive day. Now I just have to get through another week of work. Work really gets in the way of my Disney stuff. ;)

You are so crafty - I love it :goodvibes

Te ornaments are fab! So simple but so effective.

Wow. I have a really quiet week this week :confused3 I'm trying to think of what I have to do and it really not much.

Girl Scout on Tuesday evening (I co-lead) and thats it.

Ummmm, Monday .... nothing, Tuesday ... girl scouts, Wednesday ... Bronwyn has Photography ... Thursday ... nothing, Friday ... nothing ...

So I really don't have that much. You know what that means then?

HOUSEWORK :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I won't have any excuse not to do it. Boooooooooo :mad:

Mom2Cody06 said:
I can't wait to hear reports from the first MVMCP this week!!!!!

Me too!!! I'm so excited to go. I can believe how close it's getting - I really need to get my butt into gear!!!

This year I'm doing a really simple thanksgiving. It will just be us. So I'm thinking simple easy sides, turkey and an amazing pumpkin dessert! We leave the following week so I'm going to make an attempt at having many nights of turkey leftovers so I can skip shopping (big shopping) that week.... I figure I can make it up at Christmas ;)

WedgieSock said:
Wow. I have a really quiet week this week :confused3 I'm trying to think of what I have to do and it really not much.

Ummmm, Monday .... nothing, Tuesday ... girl scouts, Wednesday ... Bronwyn has Photography ... Thursday ... nothing, Friday ... nothing ...

Boooo to housework!!

Me too!!! I'm so excited to go. I can believe how close it's getting - I really need to get my butt into gear!!!

This year I'm doing a really simple thanksgiving. It will just be us. So I'm thinking simple easy sides, turkey and an amazing pumpkin dessert! We leave the following week so I'm going to make an attempt at having many nights of turkey leftovers so I can skip shopping (big shopping) that week.... I figure I can make it up at Christmas ;)

Of course, Thanksgiving is upon us! I must start planning for that. I try and be as traditional as possible - its new for me but we came over when DD was 3 so its part of life for her.

SAT887 said:

We always have Thanksgiving dinner on Thanksgiving day at my Aunts house, traditional style with all the trimmings. Then that Saturday we have "friends/family" thanksgiving at our house. The guys get up in the morning and go small game hunting and last year we ended up having some small game added to our dinner menu. It's a lot of fun and we all share in the work. I always make a big turkey breast and stuffing but everyone else shares in making the sides and desserts. I live Thanksgiving food. Can't wait to have a holiday sandwich at EoS!!

Someone please tell my kids that we changed the clocks and it's ok to sleep past 6am!!!!!!

Well I'm awake so I might as well start my day. Hope everyone has a good Monday morning. I need coffee.

WedgieSock said:

Yuck! Housework. DBF pays for a cleaning lady to come every 2 weeks. I still do dishes and touch-ups but she does all the "heavy" cleaning and his laundry.

I don't have much this week either.
Tonight I get my nails done, Tuesday -nothing, Wednesday -nothing, Thursday - nothing, Friday- Burlesque show. I do need to get laundry done (for me) somewhere in there.

In 5 weeks we'll be checking in! I'm hoping it goes quickly. We have things planned for the next 3 weekends, so I'm hoping that helps.

Thanksgiving at a friend of his family's. The downside to going elsewhere for thanksgiving is there aren't leftovers. Maybe I'll do a turkey breast here a day or two after.

I don't even need to start Christmas shopping. We only have to buy for each other, his parents, and grandmother. We decided we'd just get them something from Disney. I already promised him I'd get him 2 new "Hawaiian" shirts from the Poly if they have them. And this trip is my present from him.

WedgieSock said:
Of course, Thanksgiving is upon us! I must start planning for that. I try and be as traditional as possible - its new for me but we came over when DD was 3 so its part of life for her.

I was got this recipe via email from the swan and dolphin for a pumpkin dessert it's definitely not traditional but looks tasty! I am thinking turkey, roasted sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, stuffing and some type of green veggie (or 2!) What brought you to GA if you don't mind me asking?

Mom2Cody06 said:
We always have Thanksgiving dinner on Thanksgiving day at my Aunts house, traditional style with all the trimmings. Then that Saturday we have "friends/family" thanksgiving at our house. The guys get up in the morning and go small game hunting and last year we ended up having some small game added to our dinner menu. It's a lot of fun and we all share in the work. I always make a big turkey breast and stuffing but everyone else shares in making the sides and desserts. I live Thanksgiving food. Can't wait to have a holiday sandwich at EoS!!

We had friends that used to come over but the friendship seems to be fading. My sister moved up here but she will be with her boyfriend.... The rest of family is very far after that! I want to start having holidays with more people but ehh it's not in the cards now I guess... I love holiday food too! We were going to do something totally different but the thought of no turkey and stuffing!!! Never!!

Mom2Cody06 said:
Someone please tell my kids that we changed the clocks and it's ok to sleep past 6am!!!!!!

Well I'm awake so I might as well start my day. Hope everyone has a good Monday morning. I need coffee.

I kept mine up semi late the past two nights and it helped transition them. I'm just so thankful neither of them are babies anymore.... DST is evil then!

Good morning, all! I am about to start my (at least a) week in special ed preschool. One child in there scratches, pinches, and tries to run away. Another child is more violent, slaps and even head-butted the teacher, oh and threw poo at her past week. Should be fun. Think of me while I am defending myself and pulling children off of bookshelves. Oh the joys of teaching! I feel bad because the teacher is great, but man, I don't want her job!

Both my maternal and paternal grandparents came from England and it was a tradition is our house to have carrots and turnip on Thanksgiving and Christmas. Mmmmm. My favorite. Not so much for DH.

My2Qtz0205 said:
Good morning, all! I am about to start my (at least a) week in special ed preschool. One child in there scratches, pinches, and tries to run away. Another child is more violent, slaps and even head-butted the teacher, oh and threw poo at her past week. Should be fun. Think of me while I am defending myself and pulling children off of bookshelves. Oh the joys of teaching! I feel bad because the teacher is great, but man, I don't want her job!

Good luck :scared:

SAT887 said:
I kept mine up semi late the past two nights and it helped transition them. I'm just so thankful neither of them are babies anymore.... DST is evil then!

I've been trying to do the same thing but DS2 was ready for bed at 6 last night. I managed to keep him up till 730 but that was hard. Ugh. Hopefully they'll figure it out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter